2017 GP NHK Trophy Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Trophy Short Dance

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
My dream podium would be V/M, C/L and C/B or H/D !!!!!
H/D have to be second to have a chance for the final. C/L will still have a chance even if they finish third, as they will most likely be second at Skate America. I think C/B would be allright with a close fourth finish + really good scores.

I also think that second is quite doable for H/D here, given that C/L have had less training time with their programs which, honestly, while being okay, did not look like their greatest ever at the recent Minsk Challenger, and given that H/D seem to have momentum right now.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Is the Short Dance not happening on the same day as the rest of the Short Programs? Or did I read the schedule wrong?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Is the Short Dance not happening on the same day as the rest of the Short Programs? Or did I read the schedule wrong?

The event is 3 days this time. 3 SPs on Day 1, the SD and 3 FSs on Day 2, and the FD by itself on Day 3. Bit weird.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The event is 3 days this time. 3 SPs on Day 1, the SD and 3 FSs on Day 2, and the FD by itself on Day 3. Bit weird.

it's actually perfect for me, I'm all about spending tomorrow early morning to midday watching FS :laugh:, especially starting with Ice Dance, then no better way to commence Sunday at 3.45 am with Ice Dance FD, yay:cheer::laugh:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Im expecting a sneaky level three from the tech panel today for Virtue and Moir's partial step.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I'm reposting what I already posted elsewhere. Please take the time to read, thank you.

I think this needs to be said :

First, Molina knows Romain who is one of V/M's coach. Now, Molina is the TC, who steps in only if the TS (the one who decides the levels) from Ukraine this time, and the ATS from Japan cannot agree.

Also, I reserve my judgment. If I believe V/M are being lowballed, I'll definitely say it. But I don't want anyone to take this as an excuse if there isn't everything level 4. I think everyone can understand, I'll say the same about ANY other team.

I know a TC from France isn't ideal, but another big issue was that the TS at SCI was Canadian. So if they were given a level too high and they don't get it now, people are going to be angry. I believe they were given correctly in the Free (2 levels 3, one was maybe because of the bobble on the twizzle, maybe not, but it could not be level 4 definitely) however, the PSt in the SD is probably THE hardest element to judge. They got level 4 two weeks ago, we'll see today.

Let's not see the scores (it cannot be compared from one competition to the other), let's see the levels and more importantly, let's see the skating.
They know how to rock it, I'm not worried. And like every single competition, I hope for fair judging (Like I said, I won't accept them being lowballed if it's the case).

I wish the absolute best to them in a few hours !! :hap10: Have fun everyone !

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I hope H/D can push toward 80 this time!

YES ! I'm hoping for a clean skate, and then at least a 78+ today (I actually expect them to reach 80 during the season). That range of score would put them at an advantage in the race for an Olympic medal and for the GPF.
They can do it, they just need to believe in themselves.

nocturnalis

Medalist
The only three Nelly Furtado songs I have on my playlist played in the last hour, so I guess that's a good sign for Virtue/Moir.

mrrice

Record Breaker
What a bad draw for Madison and Zach.....It's one thing to be in the same field as Tessa and Scott, it's another thing to skate right after them. Hopefully, the crowd will be up and excited for Tessa and Scott and H/D will ride the wave of enthusiasm..

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What a bad draw for Madison and Zach.....It's one thing to be in the same field as Tessa and Scott, it's another thing to skate right after them. Hopefully, the crowd will be up and excited for Tessa and Scott and H/D will ride the wave of enthusiasm..

i think the worst part for H/D as far as the draw is concerned is that they are before Anna and Luca... H/D may get lowballed to create potential space between then and V/M... in case anna and luca should be better than them.. so that there is space in between 1 and 2 and 3... anyways... i understand myself LOL...

1 hour to go