2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP

starla16

Medalist
YEs, becaus she is accustomed to treat her in that way. If they start call those mistakes ,she wouldnt be so sure of herself. She mastered her combos with little lets face it, cheating and it is obvious that she has so much self confidence
In slovakia, after the FP her face was like she was scored 135 . Even not everything was called ,maybe judges had pity on her but she was shocked.:?How could I score like that if it had everything in second part?" And she came back to the old layout afterall. she cannot afford 3 combos in the 2nd part, lutz ,2 flips. Like zagitova

hmmm....
this sounds like the stalker who makes multiple accounts on youtube, slandering Medvedeva's name with bad and cussing words on every comments on her videos. Gotcha ?

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I find most of Evgenia's footwork repetetive and nothing out of the ordinary. In this SP she did 3F3T which was a good choice since she so often flutzes. The high score is very much reflective of the place of where this competition is taking place. Very sad how political figure skating has become, and how the standard has shifted in the years. Astronomical scores just for the name and a clean program? :laugh: :laugh: Though I guess nothing has changed, we are still living in a world where a clean Sarah-who? won over a technically superior Michelle Kwan and Slutskaya.

P.S. I hate the PCS. They are basically a popularity card now. How the hell did Kostner score above Wakaba I don't understand. :slink: Also, if you compare the running edge and height of jumps (and technique, esp. on lutz) with Evgenia.... :slink: Wakaba's coach was so appalled at the kiss and cry when he saw the score. Shame on the judges.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Late to the party once again and I've watched the vids on youtube and omg Evgenia! She's well on her way to her coronation at the Olympics next year :hap10: :love:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Quote by Tarasova (yeah, the coach) commentating right after Mirai falls: "She's helping us!" ....Can you believe these people? :slink:

NAOTMAA

Medalist
My problem with Mirai's skate today, is that she didn't hold it together mentally. After she missed her first combo, she should have done a triple/double instead of going for a second 3/3 attempt. If she had doubled and landed her second combo, she might have made the final flight. Now, she's so far down in the standings that even a perfect LP won't get her on the podium in a field this deep. She took herself out of contention with this SP and I hope she learns a lesson from this.

That pretty much describes Mirai for nearly every season of her career though doesn't it :scratch2: Surely she should have learned her lesson by now :scratch2: What she did here is hardly anything new.

That's why I never fell for the triple axel videos hype and such. She's the last skater who needs to be taking such risks. She frankly needs to forget the triple axel, concentrate on all the requirements and perform them to the best she can. On paper she has all the goods but doesn't do it on ice.

As for her not getting the benefit of doubt on the axel, despite only being borderline, she only has herself to blame for that. When you have the reputation for being a habitual underrotater, as she most definitely does, you will NEVER get the benefit of doubt, NEVER. That's why she needs to work on rotating all the other jumps first and only then will she start getting the benefit of doubt.

lbamda

On the Ice
Wakaba's coach was so appalled at the kiss and cry when he saw the score. Shame on the judges.

And that both of them don't know that Wakaba doesn't whole revolutions on 3-3 and she has problems with edges on lutz and flip? Shame reaction.

tjb

Match Penalty
i'm also not a fan of evgenia, but i'm actually don't mind her scores, since she's not competing against my favorites, and all my favorite skaters are still in juniors. she's the best skater on the senior field, so they can give her all the scores they like.
but i'm probably gonna be baby raging in 2 years or so, if evgenia are still be around, and she will be beating anna, sasha or alena with her enormous PCS, being behind in TES

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wakaba looks like with a bit of work she could challenge for an oly medal. I do like Kostner's maturity but technically she doesn't have enough. I don't think it is fair to say Evgenia is the new Katarina. Kat competed in a different era and now the technical difficulty is far greater. Witt posed and posed and shaked her booty. She was a great competitior for her time that is for sure like Evgenia but Med is far more complete. Remember Witt was being beat by Thomas and later Manley and probably should have been beaten by Ito. But looking at the scores suggests if Med makes errors she can be beaten by Wakaba so it ain't over.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
TAT said that technical panel was very strict today and it really was. Look at the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDeIyVePo9I&feature=youtu.be&t=262 and then you will see that when she landed she turned a tip of her blade of some 20-30 degrees to achieve the proper position.

Thanks for linking that.....you are absolutly correct. Like slider11, I wasnt seeing it either till this clip...I even slowed down Youtube 50 percent and it makes it very clear....it also makes the Russian announcers sound drunk! I at least feel better now that the judging was fair.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
And that both of them don't know that Wakaba doesn't whole revolutions on 3-3 and she has problems with edges on lutz and flip? Shame reaction.

The edge on the lutz was a textbook outside edge. Inside edge, as needed, on the flip. Both of those jumps were 100% rotated. I am a figure skater and I can definitely tell them apart. Why don't you watch the program in slo-mo again https://youtu.be/7H4YFRfPgns?t=4m35s

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Finally watched vids and boy does Galustyans coach act like a total dick.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The edge on the lutz was a textbook outside edge. Inside edge, as needed, on the flip. Both of those jumps were 100% rotated. I am a figure skater and I can definitely tell them apart. Why don't you watch the program in slo-mo again https://youtu.be/7H4YFRfPgns?t=4m35s

Hmm...both look on a pretty clear inside edge to me. That's weird...she always lipped not flutzed. I'm confused by this...did she over correct her lip? And when did she start UR'ing the back end of her combo.

This is surprising to me.

AprilS

On the Ice
So I'm not the only one who thinks Wakaba's flip edge was a fine inside edge and her Lutz edge was inside too? I actually think her 3T today was fine though. Looked rotated to me (unlike at Lombardia).

Edit: actually, I just got home and watched her jumps slo-mo on a larger screen. I can see why they wouldn't call her lutz as a flutz, she kind of rocks towards the inside edge at take off, but she's already (pre)-rotating at that point. I'd give it a ! at most. I still think her flip was an inside edge though. I also agree with the (strict) 3T call now too. I just deleted my second post because of this.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I'm not the only one who thinks Wakaba's flip edge was a fine inside edge and her Lutz edge was inside too? I actually think her 3T today was fine though. Looked rotated to me (unlike at Lombardia).

It's weird...the protocols don't agree with us. That Lutz edge was weird. It sort of cartwheeled off the heel but looked on the inside edge at take off to me. I'm baffled.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Anyone have other angles of the lutz? :laugh: Might seem that it is a slight straight/inside edge right before take-off indeed, but hard to tell.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Curious question.....is the judge number order in the protocol the same for all skaters? i.e. J3 for Kostner is the same J3 as for Wakaba and the rest of the skaters? Because J8 gave Evgenia a 9.75 (9.75!!!!! That's like almost God-level skating skills!), the highest out of all judges, and 7.75 to Wakaba, the lowest mark of any judge (the rest of the marks were also the lowest). http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gprus2017/gprus2017_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Now I know the lowest/highest marks don't count in the total calculation (is that still true?) but it is mind-boggling how much favoritism there is in the PCS scoring. And even in the TCS, considering the GOE fluctuates over 2 and sometimes even over 3 points for a single element across a judging panel.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
The scoring in all these 4 disciplines is just getting out of control, but the skating turns out to be more and more boring. We cannot simply blame the judges, who usually meet right before and after the competitions not just for fun. They are performing their duties rather professionally under great pressure.

Although Medvedeva' skating is bland as always, she is the most consistent skater I have ever seen. With such inflated PCS, she will be quite safe on the way to Pyeongchang Olympics.