2017 GPF Pairs FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Pairs FS

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
No disrespect to T/M who are great skaters, but this program hurts both my ears and my eyes.

It's absolutely dreadful. And a lackluster performance of it. They'll be happy to podium with that.

ETA: Yup, I thought they'd drop off the podium with that. There is a God.

Leelee425

On the Ice
I’ve been trying to figure out what this reminds me of and I think I’ve got it...the beginning gives me major Grischuk/Platov flashbacks circa 1994, which I did like back then but I was also 6 at the time

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so S&H beat their PB on TES (seems like they hit all their level despite -GOE on 3S) but PCS was lower than what they got at NHK thats why no WR today, hopefully at Olympics :love:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Man, what is this hate?

Finally a program with something different and poor T/M are being crucified for it.

I'm saying that with a genuine love for figure skating : this program is a disaster.
Look at their elements : they could be Olympic champions/medallists. The music, choreo, outfits, is a combination of wrong.
I always like something different but this is tacky to some level. And most importantly, unfair to them.

Moreover, when you make mistakes, you can "cover" it, with transitions, arm movements that go with the music, etc. People will say : "well it wasn't clean, but that was okay". They can't even do that here.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow that first throw jump though, it was huuuuge!

Sniff they didn't do their best tonight though, bummer

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Tarasova / Morosov

A bevy of uncharacteristic mishaps here. Side-by-side 3S looked under-rotated from Tarasova or at least strangely landed, the sbs 3T combo was off so only maybe a 3T+1T or likely just a 3T+Combo, and the throw 3Lo had a foot down.

But really, for the life of me, I just don't understand this program. I think Tarasova sells the program with her spark and personality between the two, but Morosov is still as stiff as a board. This is the kind of program that needs spunk and attack, but it just falls flat because there's nothing coming across from him. I would much rather watch their classic short than this hot mess of Lindy Hop something blah.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Rough skate by T/M... There were some fabulous elements (I loved the second-last lift and the twist), but there were lots of rough spots. This seriously is the most cringe-worthy program of the year in any discipline. The music cuts are atrocious, the choreography is awful, and they just are not these types of skaters. She has a bit more personality, but he's really lacking in the performance department.

synteis

Medalist
Hard to watch those wobbles in such an energetic program and seeing their energy slowly deflate over the course of the program. I always want them all to skate their best and w both D/R and T/M is such a pity.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ok, I did not expected them to do worse than S/K, considering S/K didn't do well themselves. That's gotta hurt them...

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Even higher PCS than Yu/Zhang and Stolbova/Klimov? :sarcasm:

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
btw, do either of them speak English? Is that the problem - they don't understand what the singers are saying? ;)