2017 JGP Austria Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Austria Free Dance

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Gotta go shower. I'll be able to catch the last group thankfully since my meetup with my friend is pushed to 4:30, phew.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I LOVE Ksenia and Grigory's program. LOVE. Not so much the music, but the choreography was incredible. :love:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgeniia and Alexey's program was very enjoyable... in a puzzling, unusual sort of way. Very different characters, but cool.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Missed both the Russians and half of the French team whoops.

At least I get to see Christina and Anthony?

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I love Christina's dress, but what's with the batwings :palmf:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The flappy parts on Christina's dress are distracting me, but I like the main part of it. Love the deep dark purpley blue and the varied colors of the rhinestones.

Overall I really enjoyed their skate. And Anthony has grown up so much. LOOK AT TEENY ANTHONY IN THIS.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Christina and Anthony. :love::luv17::love: That might have brought a tear to my eye. They actually remind me a bit of a young Hubbell/Donahue in their style.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists, Carreira/Ponomarenko (USA), Konkina/Yakushev (RUS), and LaGouge/Rahier (FRA)!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Christina and Anthony. :love::luv17::love: That might have brought a tear to my eye. They actually remind me a bit of a young Hubbell/Donahue in their style.

Are you sure it wasn't the bat wings? :laugh:

I kid. That was a great skate. They really have improved over the summer.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you sure it wasn't the bat wings? :laugh:

I kid. That was a great skate. They really have improved over the summer.

Haha the bat wings did definitely play a part, but it's mostly their style. I just loved watching them be so into the last part of it. Swept me right into it instead of worrying about their potential score.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Haha the bat wings did definitely play a part, but it's mostly their style. I just loved watching them be so into the last part of it. Swept me right into it instead of worrying about their potential score.

No, I definitely saw similarities!

keasus

On the Ice
The flappy parts on Christina's dress are distracting me, but I like the main part of it. Love the deep dark purpley blue and the varied colors of the rhinestones.

Overall I really enjoyed their skate. And Anthony has grown up so much. LOOK AT TEENY ANTHONY IN THIS.

I remember that competition. Even then Teeny Anthony had "it." Love this guy! He has both his parents' superior skating skills with his mother's beautiful, expressive face. I am over the moon :hap93:

mom2cavs

Rinkside
Funny you should speak of this performance. I was there and Ive been thinking how wise she was to breakup with him. I love this new partnership. Just my opinion of course.
Wow. They would have been the best now if they stayed together. Too sad

LadyB

Record Breaker
The FS was definitely better than the short dances. Must hand it to Carreira/Ponomarenko. Anthony's got it in the blood.
I think Konkina/Yakushev have lots of potential. Good luck to them and to Lopareva/Karpushov, who skated their gala programme by mistake?:biggrin:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Wow, Carreira/Ponomarenko were so good! They never totally caught my eye before but they were impressive, senior-level here.

LOL what even is this music with the creepy laugh track?

(Ugh it's from a living puppet horror movie called Dead Silence. No thank you.)

And then it's cut with Backstreet Boys music? WHAT EVEN?

It was so weird and random. It may be one of my favorite music selections of all time.