2017 JGP Belarus Ladies Free Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Belarus Ladies Free Program

Kara

Final Flight
Yikes Yelim. It almost felt like she gave up after the fall.:slink: Poor girl..She's not a performer to begin with but her coach and choreography is really holding her back.:palmf: I feel like her confidence is gonna be really shot after her performances this JGP, but I can hope she can pull herself together (and secretly hoping for a coaching change...)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
White in SP and light pink in FS? Tessa, get some color into your dresses, girl!

Kara

Final Flight
I don't understand why they keep insisting on giving Tessa programs with all those jumps backloaded when she clearly doesn't have the stamina for it.:confused: Didn't it go badly at nationals last year? Why keep the layout? Her first spin traveled so far lol, but her spiral was lovely and the choreography is also great. Love how the first jump matches the music perfectly.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Tessa Hong (USA) in a peach dress. The dress itself is pretty but it really washes her out.

Some great jumps...and just as I type that she pops one.

And a fall too. Yeah she's not making her case for a medal well.

She's a talented skater but today wasn't her day.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
30 Tessa HONG (USA)

Music: "I Love Paris" by Cole Porter; "Under the Sky of Paris" by Hubert Giraud; "Fascination" by Fermo Marchetti

Pale pink dress with sparkle, open back

[missed the start]
FCCoSp
StSq
3Lz+3T - scratchy, looked 3T<<
2Lo
3Lz
3F+3T - tight, looked 3T<<
3S<< - fall
CCoSp
2A - turnout
LSp - ended after music

Needs to work on rotation on her combos

FS: 39.42+52.11-2.00 = 89.53, 149.14, 2/30

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I don't understand why they keep insisting on giving Tessa programs with all those jumps backloaded when she clearly doesn't have the stamina for it.:confused: Didn't it go badly at nationals last year? Why keep the layout?

I guess they're hoping her stamina will improve with the months but it's not soon enough for JGP.

andromache

Record Breaker
Tessa really needs to work on her speed going into jumps. Might help out with those rotations.

Kara

Final Flight
I guess they're hoping her stamina will improve with the months but it's not soon enough for JGP.

Isn't JGP her big events though? Or are they hoping for a junior worlds peak..:slink: Her jumps weren't great in the short either so even though I mentioned stamina, I'm not sure how much more it will help.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
31 Riko TAKINO (JPN)

Music: Les Miserables by Claude-Michel Schoenberg

Blue ombre dress, light blue sparkle at neckline

3F+2T
3Lz
3Lo
FSSp
LSp
1A+3T
3F+2T+2Lo
3S
StSq
2A
CCoSp

One pop, otherwise solid skate. Good speed, just needs more polish

FS: 56.50+51.40 = 107.90, 162.86, 2/31

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Riko Takino (JPN) in a pretty blue stress with sparkles. Les Mis music.

She's a very talented skater. Lovely layback.

2A very near the end of the program.

- - - Updated - - -

What's LIQUI MOLY? :scratch2:

Oil/car care supply company, according to a quick google search

breadstal

Record Breaker
Wow, Yelim was really good in her two competitions, clean in both short and free at them, she just can't handle the pressure well, I guess.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
2 pops for Riko :( one day she will hold it together and its gonna be awesome! :luv17: agree with Ted, she is great performer