2017 JGP Italy Ladies FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Italy Ladies FS

Ender

Match Penalty
and now, with her 2 jgp gold's and 190+ international score, sofia will be enjoying a really favorable judging at russian competitions. and because she is terribly consistent, this will not do any good to russian skating
She has to do well at JGPF first. I don’t think Russian fed is gaga over her now. They’re looking at JGPF and GPF to decide the placement of their ladies.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
In contrast with the SP, the judging here was a little crazy.

Kostornaya's score a little lowballed just because Rika had to skate (and with a clean skate she could have won here), then did some costly mistake and again saved because she is the japanese girl with the 3A, and at the end Samodurova in a similar situation as the last GP she won over the two contenders.

I feel sorry for Nana Araki and Mako Yamashita, from what i've seen in these competitions they did better than Rika, but congrats to all the medalists and the finalists nonetheless.

7 out of 7 events won by russian skaters this year, JGPF will be more interesting this season than last year (where Alina Zagitova was the clear favourite)

skatenewbie

Medalist
Rika is clear 3rd to me, considering her SP is 2nd, except for that Stsq that should be level 2 or 1 she clean, rotated all jumps even the 3A even though had step out, i mean Araki also not super clean, she's better in her 1st JGP so there's the gap same with You young

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I must say that I'm disappointed... Even if Rika is in the final, Nana was the clear choice over Mako for me, and I wish that the judges realized that. Nana's original and brings her complete package every time, and second alternate seems a little low. Yes, it's right when you look at the numbers, but were the numbers politicked, at least a bit? Probably...

Purv

Match Penalty
You only have four posts, but two of them are already dedicated to talking about Medvedeva's (f)lutz in a topic that has nothing to do with Medvedeva.
You might want to start out by just sticking to the topic under discussion, which is the Junior Grand Prix in Egna, where Medvedeva did not participate.

Mr Tolstoj also mentioned about someone who was not dedicated in that topic . Maybe he/she could stick to the topic under discussiont there? And talking about 4 years old ,overscored program of skater who retired long time ago? Seriously? ANd I mentioned Evgenia and Kaethlyn here because they are known for having flutzes. And people here talked about judging and not giving /e/

osmond has 3 flutzes in 2 programs, while medvedeva has 1. but of course not calling osmond edges, it's totally fine, but in medvedeva's case it's a crime
But she has at least ! and quite low goe,and not so high PCS while Zhenia gets for her lutz +2 and even +3

Congratulations to all skaters .I want and I bet Trusova will win.

whatif

Medalist
The overrated and anointed Kihira strikes again. There should have been -GOE on all of her combos and some rotations were questionable. That StSeq should have been Lev1 at best.

Araki was so hosed. And the blatant suppression of Kostornaya was so not subtle at all.

How come Kihira's PCS is almost the same as Sofia's? With TWO freaking falls?

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Rika Kihara was off today and her free program score was just below 120 with two falls. But she was seen making a 3A in the warm up and she made a clean landing, drawing cheers from the audience.

Lana05

Final Flight
Interesting how Rika will skate in JGPF. So far she wasn't consistent and clean. Maybe she is focusing too much on 3As and not enough on overall program. If she'll be out of podium it would be a shame tha Nana is out...

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Now I remember why I don't bother to visit these threads any more after competition ended... So much garbage posted about scoring... people who clearly don't know anything about scoring, yet are adamant the scoring is wrong... complaints that are not backed up with any kind of analysis, reference to GoE bullet points, PCS criteria etc... etc... etc...

How foolish of me to think anything might have changed, what was I thinking?

whatif

Medalist
Interesting how Rika will skate in JGPF. So far she wasn't consistent and clean. Maybe she is focusing too much on 3As and not enough on overall program. If she'll be out of podium it would be a shame tha Nana is out...

I think we are looking at another Tuktamysheva/Asada, who will be stubbornly trying to nail those axels with occasional success while missing other elements. Good luck....

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed....

Lana05

Final Flight
Now I remember why I don't bother to visit these threads any more after competition ended... So much garbage posted about scoring... people who clearly don't know anything about scoring, yet are adamant the scoring is wrong... complaints that are not backed up with any kind of analysis, reference to GoE bullet points, PCS criteria etc... etc... etc...

What sould we post about?

kemistry

Spectator
I think we are looking at another Tuktamysheva/Asada, who will be stubbornly trying to nail those axels with occasional success while missing other elements. Good luck....

:( *Sigh... I'm also having that thought but I hope we are wrong on this. Come on Rika! I'll be cheering you on in the Finals. Show 'em Goldenskaters that you belong on top. :hap10:

This is my first year following the juniors closely and I think they are all amazing. While I love Alena, Sofia is growing on me. And OMG Nana! And of course Rika is fun to watch. Can't wait for them to come after the seniors. :eeking:

Kara

Final Flight
Rika....:slink: I'm scared for how she'll handle the pressure in Nagoya in a stadium full with the Japanese audience...Sad for Nana, but I'm looking forward to seeing her at junior worlds!!!:love: If only it was in Asia again because I would love to have gone to see it.:cry:

Barb

Record Breaker

- - - Updated - - -

I bet that Rika would be trilled to be another Asada.

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations to all the medalists and the qualified skaters for JGPF!!

I don't invest to junior skaters very often and this is only my opinion, but Rika Kihira has whole package already. I hope she continues improving and succeeds in Senior stage :)

madison

Record Breaker
In contrast with the SP, the judging here was a little crazy.

Kostornaya's score a little lowballed just because Rika had to skate (and with a clean skate she could have won here), then did some costly mistake and again saved because she is the japanese girl with the 3A, and at the end Samodurova in a similar situation as the last GP she won over the two contenders.

I feel sorry for Nana Araki and Mako Yamashita, from what i've seen in these competitions they did better than Rika, but congrats to all the medalists and the finalists nonetheless.

7 out of 7 events won by russian skaters this year, JGPF will be more interesting this season than last year (where Alina Zagitova was the clear favourite)

I wouldn't say that. Zagitova won the first JGP while being third on her second event. And in the mix, there were Gubanova (who won both JGP, Rika with the 3A, Marin, the previous winner of the Junior Worlds, who didn't participate at the end). So the field was really competitive as well.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
So happy for Sofia and Alexei! :hap10: Finally their hard work is paid off. Special thanks to Ted, who is a great commentator as well as a professional reporter! :thumbsup: