2017 JGP Latvia Ladies SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Latvia Ladies SP

Kara

Final Flight
So it looks like Rika will barely remain in the top 6.:drama: But if her form today was because of nerves, I'm nervous for her because tomorrow will be even worse pressure wise because of the stakes.:slink: I also think the choreography for the FS is 2 levels below her SP..Good luck though!!! Please pull through with those 3As!!!

And dang Ted has some high praises for Lizaveta and I agree! She was awesome.

Kara

Final Flight
Will Kihira skate in the last 6 during free, or will it be only 5 girls skating in last group? If second is the case, it will be almost impossible for her to qualify for GPF...

The top 6 are in the final group I believe. It's actually amazing to see the number of skaters in the top 10 who didn't do a 3-3. I believe she can definitely get on the podium if she goes clean. Praying here...Don't let there not be a single Japanese girl at the JGPF in their own country!:(:sad21:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Well, you should definitely watch first 3 girls in the ranking ;)

Oh I will. But I now actually have to get breakfast done quickly because my dad had to call a plumber to fix the hot water heater (leaking) and he might have to turn the water off to fix it.

Will Kihira skate in the last 6 during free, or will it be only 5 girls skating in last group? If second is the case, it will be almost impossible for her to qualify for GPF...

Groups with 35 are always 5-6-6-6-6-6, with the first group the smaller one. Only real reason for changes is if it's at an event like Worlds with skaters seeded for SP by World Ranking, and 2 skaters are tied (which actually happened recently and one of the 6's became 7)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So much for the know-it-alls who said Alisa didn't deserve to be here. :disapp: Sorry for Rika though - I do like her. Panenkova is too introverted for me to enjoy - I don't really think it's fair when people describe most of Eteri's girls as just jumping machines, but if it applies to any of them, it would be her.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The top 6 are in the final group I believe. It's actually amazing to see the number of skaters in the top 10 who didn't do a 3-3. I believe she can definitely get on the podium if she goes clean. Praying here...Don't let there not be a single Japanese girl at the JGPF in their own country!:(:sad21:

However, I'd rather there be no Japanese girls with the qualifications rightfully earned than judges propping up a girl just because the JGPF is in her own country...

Kara

Final Flight
However, I'd rather there be no Japanese girls with the qualifications rightfully earned than judges propping up a girl just because the JGPF is in her own country...

Well that's a given.:agree: Just hoping for a jawdropping revenge FS.

tjb

Match Penalty
So much for the know-it-alls who said Alisa didn't deserve to be here. :disapp:

wait for the free, then praise her. she often hits a sp, but does anyone ever seen a clean lp from her?
i can't remember any

frida80

Record Breaker
The standings are... :unsure:

Team Japan had a rough day. I was not expecting that from Rika, at all. I have noticed that Japan seems weaker this year. But that's only because several girls moved to juniors and the newbies need a little time.

Rika: :sad21:

Such an improvement in presentation! She really committed to the choreography. It's a shame the jumps weren't there for her today. I guess the pressure got to her early. Hopefully she can pull it together tomorrow and deliver!

Yuhuna: just one jump. Hopefully she can put together a great FS tomorrow.

Alison: I dozed off. I need to go back and watch her! Sorry!

Emmy: Perfect! Emmy has really developed her PCS, spins and footwork. All she needs is a clean 3+3 and she's set. Hopefully the nerves won't get to her in the FS.

Alisa: perfect! But why were her components so low? She's really matured a lot since her kitty days. Lovely girl.

Daria: a lot of power. Strong jumps. Looks good for a gold medal.

Now it's time for a 30 minute nap before work. :bed:

Ender

Match Penalty
I have noticed many young ladies slow down in the second year of junior. Like they could have done well the first junior year then mess the next. Will that happen to Kihira?
Maybe moving up to senior asap will be better. However for the mean time, some of them can not move up so they will have to adapt.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
wait for the free, then praise her. she often hits a sp, but does anyone ever seen a clean lp from her?
i can't remember any

I'll praise her now if I want. She had a lovely clean SP and people are still dragging her? What did she do to anyone?

tjb

Match Penalty
I'll praise her now if I want. She had a lovely clean SP and people are still dragging her? What did she do to anyone?

i have nothing against her and i like her skating, but girl who never skated 2 clean programs in her entire career is obviously not very competitve on the jgp. there's a lot of girls who deserved to be on the team more than alisa

sarama

Medalist
I think it's actually a much more elegant way to present the program for the SP: opening choreography into the spins and then stsq and when the music is building the jumps, No nervous faces to start. Sometimes it would be nice to see even the steps sequence to open the program. (Yura Matsuda did it last year for example)

When it works is so nice to watch (and there are few examples of well choreographed backloaded SPs from their skaters), here i think the program itself is not so memorable.

I actually love it when SPs begin with spins. And a program I really love is Sakhanovich "My sweet and tender beast", so I can appreciate a nice backloaded program. This one is a mess (not unlike Zhenia's SPs lately).

breadstal

Record Breaker
Rika, why :sad21: Lovely dress, I think she looked beautiful, also lovely program but not program for her in my opinion. She did well and like frida said, she improved her presenatation but still, they should go something that suits her more and will come to her naturally, that would allow Rika focus more on elements. Come back in free :pray:

Alisa, no words. She's just mesmerising, happy for her to have a good skate, she deserved higher PCS than that. Go on in free :hap10:

Daria's jumps are goals, they're such a stunners. I think everything she's doing is so precised, she has no connection to music or program though.

frida80

Record Breaker
I have noticed many young ladies slow down in the second year of junior. Like they could have done well the first junior year then mess the next. Will that happen to Kihira?
Maybe moving up to senior asap will be better. However for the mean time, some of them can not move up so they will have to adapt.

I think the second year is harder for Japanese girls. Rika is considered the top junior girl in her country. That's a lot of pressure. Marin had the same type of pressure last year. And Wakaba the year before. I think she'll be fine. She just has to get over the pressure that's all.