2017 Jr Worlds Ladies FS | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Ladies FS

Meoima

Match Penalty
Alina Zagitova has 4 points higher in BV, and she won mostly thanks to that. Judges technically gave Marin higher PCS even it's just a bit.

It is wrong to say judges prefer Alina more, in my opinion they actually really want to give Marin the gold.

But Zagitova does not let them. With that BV and her execution, they dare not. That's scary.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Alina's PCS annoy me so much. She should got Kaori's PCS and sweep SS for transitions lol. Eunsoo's PCS are mainly in 7s so I'm happy actually but being about 6 points from Zagitova is annoying but Alina deserves all these GOEs, I give it to her, she was crystal clear :agree: Eunsoo got three level 3s, she needs to work on that. Three carrots for Yuna and two for Polina (for her 3T and 3Lo).

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Oh, both Alina and Marin got all their level 4s. Good job, ladies. Kaori was almost there, just missed out on a level on her steps.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Scary for all Russian skaters. The pressure on them only increases. It's ridiculous, I think we've already seen today what it does to some of them. But Russia will have the best competitors, not necessarily the best/most talented skaters. But that's how you win medals. Pogorilaya will have to start to think about backloading. And who cares wether Alina can still jump at 16? No one, she can win her Olympic medal before that.

I'm so afraid for Anna. But then she always pushed through and has been at WC's consistently during the last years while the other skaters changed. She must be used to the pressure and had her lows while some others never experienced that pressure. Looking back I think the Olympic title is overrated. Of course, every girl wants it, but most often the Olympic performances are not even that memorable. It'll be Alina vs. Evgenia next year. Evgenia has the PCS of (probably) 2 time World Champion, so I see her in a better position actually.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Alina Zagitova has 4 points higher in BV, and she won mostly thanks to that. Judges technically gave Marin higher PCS even it's just a bit.

It is wrong to say judges prefer Alina more, in my opinion they actually really want to give Marin the gold.

But Zagitova does not let them. With that BV and her execution, they dare not. That's scary.

if they wanted to give Marin gold they could have afforded to give Alina less PCS.(not that this would have made a difference but)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Zagitova?

I was just writing a reply saying "Nope. Too young".

But then I decided to look up the dates, and the deadline for Seniors next season is 1[SUP]st[/SUP] July 2002.

So, given that she was born on 18[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2002, she will actually be old enough.

Scary thought!

CaroLiza_fan

Out of curiosity, I just decided to go through the FS field, and I got a shock.

EVERYBODY is old enough to be eligible for Pyeongchang except:

• Squirtle
  • Leung
  • Montesinos
  • Bayir
  • Harris

Now, THAT is scary.

CaroLiza_fan

Meoima

Match Penalty
if they wanted to give Marin gold they could have afforded to give Alina less PCS.(not that this would have made a difference but)
Nah, Zagitova actually hit all the bullets for her GOE. Tanos and difficult entrance, exits. They score her right in the range.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Marin's 2A combo was her weakest jump. She lost some GOEs there. Only jump where she got plenty of 0s.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
what happens to ladies skating now though? Alina VS Evgenia?

Nothing because Zhenya is not nearly as awful as GS likes to think so. She is still by miles ahead of Alina in the components and she is far from stagnant either.

For everyone else, depends how fast Zagi can develop.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
The PCS in this competition let me worried. Marin's CH: 7.75 Alina's CH: 7.89 :hopelessness:
That said, Alina's win was absolutely amazing. She has an incredible jumping technique.
Marin was just gorgeous. A performance for the ages, like last year's Beetlejuice :love:

mcq

Record Breaker
If people actually look at the protocol, I don't think tano matter much. Zagitova has +/- 4 pts higher BV over Marin, but only 5 pts higher in TES, means their GOE does not differ so much. Zagitova received much higher GOE on spins than Marin though (arguably I think it is deserved), about 1 points higher in total, I actually think that is the difference, not in the tano-ed jumps.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
what happens to ladies skating now though? Alina VS Evgenia?

It's actually the most boring VS that can happen, because their skating is from the same school. Me personally, I don't even care who wins between the two of them. It will all depend on the programs, which are interchangeable anyway.

Tyranid

Final Flight
Alina Zagitova is a beast! :shocked: Image next season!!

Let me tell you this, other Russian girls might be off podium or do messy and fail behind, but the ones who come on top of that kind of selection are always the BEASTS!!
Social media commentary suggests that Radionova is the most beautiful and desirable woman in figure skating. It also suggests that she has a higher level of heterosexual males among her fanbase. So if you want talk about selection, remember evolution. Also, remember that this is Ladies Figure Skating or as others call it Zhenskoye odinochenoye kataniye. :)

No ill intent.