2017 Jr Worlds Pairs FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Pairs FS

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Australians all let us rejoice..."

What an appropriate line for this occasion!

"Advance Australia Fair" is one of my favourite anthems anyway, but it will be great to hear it now at a figure skating World Championships.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
This may be the first time for us to hear the Australian anthem in figure skating?

EDIT: My bad, I forgot they already won the Tallinn JGP, so this is the first time to hear it in international championships.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
The level of pairs in juniors is so much lower than the other three disciplines. The Russian teams weren't all that great either. The Aussie team is pretty good, but is still pretty rough around the edges. I know pairs takes a long time to polish, but it's kind of scary to watch. I didn't go to watch the competition live tonight because I feel like that serious injuries are just round the corner.

The top 2 pairs dominating the Jr circuit so far (and winning first and second at last year's junior worlds) were not here though, so it's understandable

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
"Australians all let us rejoice..."

What an appropriate line for this occasion!

"Advance Australia Fair" is one of my favourite anthems anyway, but it will be great to hear it now at a figure skating competition.

CaroLiza_fan

One of the most difficult anthems for anyone to sing and make it sound truly sensational. Julie Anthony at the Sydney Olympics did the best version :)

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
What piddly arsed sized medals! I know it's not all about the medal itself but still, be a bit more generous lol!

breadstal

Record Breaker
Aww, happy to hear that Chinese team got medal, I really liked them in short program :love: And wow, Aussie team, history was made, congratulations to them :cheer:

zebobes

Final Flight
No, I know that, but the question was "Who might grab a surprise gold medal *next* year?" In which case, perhaps this Chinese team.

Not to nitpick too much, but I don't think a Chinese team would really be a surprise gold medal, though. The Aussies came almost out of nowhere this year.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So, background info... when did Ekaterina move to Australia and pair up with Harley?

October 2015 was when they paired up. His coaches took him to Russia because they couldn't find him a girl here, and brought Katia back.

I'm so glad I woke up early to see this! Australia is now on the figure skating map. My husband just said that Foster's sales should go up. (Don't mind Mr. Rant, he's a bit silly.)
Congrats to our Aussie members!

Psssst: Aussies don't actually drink Fosters. It's our great con on the world.

where does the Aussie team train?

Half the year in Moscow, the other half in Sydney. Not an uncommon situation for most of our top skaters (though the others generally go to the US).

This may be the first time for us to hear the Australian anthem in figure skating?

No - they played it at Gardena when Brendan won that at the end of last season.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
What piddly arsed sized medals! I know it's not all about the medal itself but still, be a bit more generous lol!

Sigh I know right...but obviously it's a traditional thing...I only hope that there is real Gold in that medal

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
After Duskova and Bidar made the move to seniors I thought this would be a boring pairs competition - so glad we get to see different flags on the podium, much better at the highest place!