2017 Jr Worlds Pairs FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Pairs FS

andromache

Record Breaker
I don't follow junior pairs at all but I checked out the results and just wanted to congratulate karne! Lol.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Since it's the middle of the night in Australia right now (depending on which exact timezone karne is in) I have to wonder if instead of sleeping, karne is just sitting in bed, grinning uncontrollably with excitement, unable to sleep.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Since it's the middle of the night in Australia right now (depending on which exact timezone karne is in) I have to wonder if instead of sleeping, karne is just sitting in bed, grinning uncontrollably with excitement, unable to sleep.

i think she might... she might also be thinking... "damn it... i cannot complain that small federations never win anymore"

gmyers

Record Breaker
The score of B/K was held down by obvious collusion of US Canadian and British judge with their negative goe on every element b/k did and win of Australians is illegitimate.

4 in pcs? Disgusting. Fixed.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
;) My friend is training in Sydney, I would like to ask him to look her up and check her if Karne is ok tomorrow... hopefully

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The score of B/K was held down by obvious collusion of US Canadian and British judge with their negative goe on every element b/k did and win of Australians is illegitimate.

so now the commonwealth conspiracy? LOL:rofl:

TGee

Record Breaker

Uhm, are you seriously implying that Nina Moser and two Russian coaches working in Sydney are making their best efforts to get a Russian-coached Aussie team [that trains in both Moscow and Sydney] propped up through collusion of US, Canadian and British judges by holding down a Russian team.....:scratch2:

Generally really respect your analysis, but this is a conspiracy theory that is beyond far-fetched.:rolleye:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Uhm, are you seriously implying that Nina Moser and two Russian coaches working in Sydney are making their best efforts to get a Russian-coached Aussie team [that trains in both Moscow and Sydney] propped up through collusion of US, Canadian and British judges by holding down a Russian team.....:scratch2:

Generally really respect your analysis, but this is a conspiracy theory that is beyond far-fetched.:rolleye:

Nonsense. The number 1 Russian team was just not on form today. If I had to make a guess, I'd say the young lady is injured, she's also growing. They looked really laboured on screen, I can't imagine how they'd look live. They looked miles better at RN, there is no need for these ridiculous claims of a conspiracy.

gmyers

Record Breaker

I did not mention Moser at all. Why were the scores of b/k from the American Canadian and British judge so out of Line with all the other judges? You are introducing something I didn't even think of. Sure she didn't coach any of the Russian teams here but you are saying she was working for Australia so as to not have another coach in Russia be able to say they have a championship team.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Nonsense. The number 1 Russian team was just not on form today. If I had to make a guess, I'd say the young lady is injured, she's also growing. They looked really laboured on screen, I can't imagine how they'd look live. They looked miles better at RN, there is no need for these ridiculous claims of a conspiracy.

But why were the scores of British American and Canadian judge so out of line with all the other judges? B/k were not perfect and flawless but only three judges gave almost all their elements bad goe and went down to 4 in pcs.

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
I did not mention Moser at all. Why were the scores of b/k from the American Canadian and British judge so out of Line with all the other judges? You are introducing something I didn't even think of. Sure she didn't coach any of the Russian teams here but you are saying she was working for Australia so as to not have another coach in Russia be able to say they have a championship team.

Not suggesting Moser has done anything other than support appropriately at team that she helped to bring together for Australia.

But really wondering why you would imagine collusion against the Russian team. If they just weren't up to snuff today, and three out of nine judges called it that way, it sounds like a strong minority that had no interest in the Australian team that were making the call. Why not ask, by contrast, whether the European judges that made up much of the balance of the panel colluded the other way...?

bramweld

Record Breaker
But why were the scores of British American and Canadian judge so out of line with all the other judges? B/k were not perfect and flawless but only three judges gave almost all their elements bad goe and went down to 4 in pcs.

Because, it was purely and simply their worst skate of the season. Period. They were second here and that should motivate them to work harder and smarter for next season.

madison

Record Breaker
Because, it was purely and simply their worst skate of the season. Period. They were second here and that should motivate them to work harder and smarter for next season.

Definitely, second here it'a a very good result for a newly formed team.
If I were Russ Fed, I would worry about other thing: releasing Russian skaters who are trained by Russian coaches and even on Russian soil :D:biggrin:

I don't know if this newly adopted politics, to release everyone, is fruitful for Russian Fed on a longer term.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Not suggesting Moser has done anything other than support appropriately at team that she helped to bring together for Australia.

But really wondering why you would imagine collusion against the Russian team. If they just weren't up to snuff today, and three out of nine judges called it that way, it sounds like a strong minority that had no interest in the Australian team that were making the call. Why not ask, by contrast, whether the European judges that made up much of the balance of the panel colluded the other way...?

You could believe only those three judges were being honest but it's suspicious that three Russia hating countries gave the Russian frontrunners the worst scores and even going to 4 in pcs or giving bad goe to elements no other judge did.

They weren't the best they could be but were the best here. That's what I think of as being up to snuff.

You are speaking of b/k too negatively. They were not as bad as you say they were. They did not give the worst performance of the season. That's just going too far. They worked very hard and very smart. They didn't work hard? Three judges had it in for them illegitimately.

Last edited:

madison

Record Breaker
I found them even more messy at GPF.. Anyway, what can they do than working even harder for the future?:confused:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I did get some sleep, yes. About six hours, less than my optimal, but the tiredness hangover is so damn worth it.

i think she might... she might also be thinking... "damn it... i cannot complain that small federations never win anymore"

Nay! The result here does not change other injustices. ;)

;) My friend is training in Sydney, I would like to ask him to look her up and check her if Karne is ok tomorrow... hopefully

That would work if karne was in Sydney, but she is not ;)