2017 Russian Nationals Ladies FS | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Ladies FS

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Yes, I watched. And actually Elena already beat Osmond in China ... so :D :D
And I said that clean Elena could compete on equal terms with Carolina and Osmond. Maria, at this moment, I don't think so

As Kaetlyn bested her a few weeks later at the GP and still has a better overall score in international comps. this season, versus Elena. Given her present jumping challenges, Elena is not a Top 6 contender at the moment.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
But it's impossible to make her programs more complex because she max it out already!

Who knows! She says she didn't even tell Eteri she would do it. I do think primarily it was a statement to others and considering the politics in the Russian fed, it may have been just that plus the overall impression to all the other skaters, since she probably knew her TES wouldn't end up being the highest of the day. But then, who knows what she's been working on. I've only heard the quad sal mentions, and I am pretty sure TAT has mentioned that one too.

Bangladesh

Rinkside
hasn't someone called it the "Buyanova effect" or politicking ?

CSKA effect or unspoken rule. Med, Pogo and Zagitova are from "Sambo 70". It is not "right" to give all three spots on the podium to one fs school. At least one must be from CSKA, with gold if it's possible. Adelina won over Yulia pre-Sochi national champ becouse of that.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Still not over the results. :hopelessness:

Anna is my new Pechalat & Bourzat: brilliant skaters who are always getting screwed over. :dbana:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Still not over the results. :hopelessness:
Anna is my new Pechalat & Bourzat: brilliant skaters who are always getting screwed over. :dbana:
I love your ava and tagline, buddy. We need a hug! May Skating God hear our voices and give Anna the medal she deserves once and for all.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I rewatched some of the programs. Zhenya is very good on video same as live. Her third fun 3T was URd. Alina was much better live. And Sofya is better on video.

I also realized how funny Konstantinova's tanos are: she looks like a helicopter.

Lipea

Final Flight
Reposting this:
What impresses me about Zhenia is her mentality and her resilence. She is not super talented. She is not a great jumper or great spinner in the first place. But she gradually improves her height in the jumps. She gradually improves her speed too. I still remember the day she was slow like a snail and her jumps barely leaves the ice. Now look at her... It's a huge improvement and without determination and hard-work, she could never reach to the current level.
I do think judges are too generous with her though.

Lipea

Final Flight
She deserved that carrot cake though. Their thinking should be to get her to fix her jumps, not to fudge more. Satoko is working on hers, even if yes, she should have had hers called and they were not.

And Anna had 1 PCS over her. I'm sorry but that's a joke. All this is going to do is raise eyebrows internationally about the fudging, that's all.

She had an undeserved carrot at her SP at finals. That flip was clean.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Imagine if Kim had decided to stay and participate in a home Games... She might barely be top 5 with two clean skates.

To think, the Sochi judges jumped at the chance to reward Adelina, in fear that Eastern Europe might not soon have a chance for another ladies champion. Now they have multiple!

But see if Kim competed through the entire quad, I guarantee that she would've been more of a force in the medals and we wouldn't have this GOE and PCS mess that we have in judging now. Kim would've been a great comparison to keep the judges at bay. Unfortunately, Mao hasn't been doing well since Sochi so she's been out of the picture.

Khoai

Match Penalty
But see if Kim competed through the entire quad, I guarantee that she would've been more of a force in the medals and we wouldn't have this GOE and PCS mess that we have in judging now. Kim would've been a great comparison to keep the judges at bay. Unfortunately, Mao hasn't been doing well since Sochi so she's been out of the picture.
I highly doubt that. Miss Kim popped her jumps now and then even with only 6 triples. Any lady these days can be off podium with fully rotated 7 triples.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Well we can stop whining about Anna now because she'll make the team, and she'll beat Maria internationally. Let's shift our focus now to Alisa Fedichkina, who imo, has consistenly gotten snubbed for other skaters and I think she's literally got it all, she just needs support from the Fed. Anyone know if she is?

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
I highly doubt that. Miss Kim popped her jumps now and then even with only 6 triples. Any lady these days can be off podium with fully rotated 7 triples.

You're not wrong but when it came to the biggest comps (worlds, oly) she always delivered when she was 100% motivated. I mean she got 148 in 2013, and if she kept skating like that I do believe that the system would look much more different today. But it's just speculation, what can you do now I:

Khoai

Match Penalty
You're not wrong but when it came to the biggest comps (worlds, oly) she always delivered when she was 100% motivated. I mean she got 148 in 2013, and if she kept skating like that I do believe that the system would look much more different today. But it's just speculation, what can you do now I:
Pre Sochi was a different time. Miss Kim's performance at WC 2013 would never get 148 if she skated at GPF 2016. This is the truth. Before Sochi they used Miss Kim as the standard and they tolerated her zero 3Loop LP. But now when all the ladies are doing 7 triples with tanos and backload and packed transitions, Miss Kim's skate does not look that impressive anymore.