2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Free Dance

nocturnalis

Medalist
Why is the free dance so close to the SD? Exhaustions is probably the cause of these mistakes. Ladies should be now.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I love the Shibs, but this free is kind of a snooze.

It reminds me of W/P seasons. Difficult for being difficult sake.

OTOH, what really went wrong with H/B? Just saw the scores after coming in. I haven't seen a thing :(

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Why is the free dance so close to the SD? Exhaustions is probably the cause of these mistakes. Ladies should be now.

NBC's beliefs of wanting the ladies in Primetime because that's what the casual fan likes, even if Ice Dance is currently more successful for the US.

Plisskin

Medalist
The Shibs really need a music climax like in Fix You since they don't really emote that much imo.

Lissy

Medalist
It reminds me of W/P seasons. Difficult for being difficult sake.

OTOH, what really went wrong with H/B? Just saw the scores after coming in. I haven't seen a thing :(

They had a disaster of a skate. She slipped in the twizzles and it counted as a fall and then they both fell on a lift. It was heartbreaking

matcha

Medalist
I'm way to invested in ice dance, I need to stop screaming at mistakes. My neighbours are going to start knocking on the walls.

andromache

Record Breaker
Madison looks gorgeoussss.

I love this cheesy FD and I couldn't love it from any other team.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I like this program, but I don't love it. It just doesn't have nearly the impact of last year's free dance for the Shibs.

I totally agree.

When the commentators said Marina said she believed they could win Worlds this year, I was thinking that this program wouldn't help their chances. Unless they skated it to the best of their ability (and of course with Virtue/Moir and Papadakis/Cizeron it still would be difficult to do). Today (even with Alex's foot clipping the board), I felt they had just the right temperament and enough fire to make it pop more than usual. That's not to say that they don't usually do a lovely job with it, because they do. But I felt there was just a little extra with it this time and they may win today's competition with it.

And OMG, what is with these strange accidents in this competition today? Now Hubbell/Donohue? Hopefully this is the end of it...

TMC

Record Breaker
I just knew they were going to have a fall when they started. What is it today?