2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Men FS | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Men FS

jimini

On the Ice
I think sending Nathan and Vincent to Worlds would pretty much guarantee 3 spots in the Olympics for the U.S. men.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Given that Vincent does not have the minimum TES for worlds and would likely be at the Bavarian Open while 4CC is going on, and Jason likely would be there... why not wait till that event to name the second spot?

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Nats are official for that?:scratch2:

Not for the ISU, but my, if he skates like this at 4 CC or Worlds he will definitely join the official club.
I was blown away by all those quads! And was the 4S planned or did he just go for it out of the blue?
Congratulations Nathan on that National title :cheer:

desertskates

Medalist
Nice for Vincent, but I think Junior Worlds is the best place for him this year.

And with that, I'm off to go out to eat! All this watching other people being active made me hungry.

beki

Medalist
nobody can beat Nathan if he skates like this. Not even Patrick or Yuzuru can.

I'm not a Patrick Chan fan, but I bless him for forcing Yuzu and Javi to have good programs. Now that point wise Nathan doesn't need to, I'm a little worried about what we're going to see in men's skating.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So if they decide to send Vincent to Worlds, he will have to go to Bavarian Open to get the senior TES.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, Vincent really held it together under what must be incredible pressure. Not perfect, but really good.

Edit: I have a LOT of confidence in the ability to get back 3 spots for next year...

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
If Vincent goes to Worlds, Raf and Tammy Gambill are coaching the entire singles team for Worlds.

Who will score better at Worlds, healthy Jason or Vincent? I'd prefer seeing Jason at Worlds, but the priority is on trying to get those spots back. I'm not sure what to think.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Overall a very satisfying last group. Even Ross was really entertaining to watch.