2018-19 Grand Prix Final Free Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Grand Prix Final Free Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
No way either one challenges P/C. As for H/D, I doubt C/B can personally since they are obviously behind schedule due to the injury and also won't have the mileage on their programs. And I love W/P, but I do think H/D are stronger technical skaters so that will be hard as well.

So much hinges on Andrew's twizzles. I think if he can get his twizzles they will contend for a medal. Gold is out of reach but maybe silver or bronze.

Who knows about Chock and Bates. I, personally, have yet to like a single program they have ever done. They aren't bad skaters but they just aren't my cup of tea.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Btw, I'm extra grouchy right now because I'm sick and tired. There has been a lot of skating this weekend and I think I'm drained. I just have to get through Pairs (my favourite) and then this marathon can end and I can shower and go to bed.

I know.. TMI but I get like that when I'm tired and sick.

Feel better soon and please get plenty of rest. Being sick is miserable. :( Be as grumpy as you want — you have the right to be!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Cookies are always welcome Ichatdelune! Thanks.

Beatrice! I actually don't mind the sexy stuff. I know some of you get on about grabby stuff but it never really bothers me unless it seems fake and forced or they are too young (then I'm uncomfortable) or if they are related. I grew up on Dirty Dancing and kind of think dancing should be sexy sometimes.

Lota

Record Breaker
Btw, I'm extra grouchy right now because I'm sick and tired. There has been a lot of skating this weekend and I think I'm drained. I just have to get through Pairs (my favourite) and then this marathon can end and I can shower and go to bed.

I know.. TMI but I get like that when I'm tired and sick.

And now I have Anastacia stuck in my head :laugh: Anyway, sending well wishes, hope you feel better soon!

oly2018

Final Flight
Idk, that event felt a bit underwhelming after the other disciplines we have had today. G/F were by far my favorites in this event, but I think generally, the mush programs are beyond old at this point. I am surprised by how quickly S/B have lost the judges favor. H/D were getting some very generous GOE on shaky elements, but S/B's were more modest in comparison.

I find S/K's to be snoozy and lacking a theme, but they did look stronger than S/B today. I wonder if the momentum has now been given to them leading into Russian Nationals and Europeans.

As for Z/G and H/B, I think they both have a lot of work to do in both programs. With the way their tech is going, H/B could be edged out at Nationals by C/M.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
Music: "Introduction to Romeo" (Romeo and Juliet soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong; "Kissing You" (Instrumental) (Romeo and Juliet soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong; "Kissing You" (Romeo and Juliet soundtrack) performed by Desree
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, G. Cournoyer
Costumes: Grey dress with beading and nice cap sleeves for her; basic black for him

Program Layout:

Voiceover of We're in Verona. You'd never know it was R&J from the costumes. Then into
Stationary Lift - with cartwheel entry. Level 4, 1.43. It was a bit wobbly in places
Choreo Char Step Seq - I found this almost nonexistant but 3.04 GOE. I guess the judges didn't
Curve Lift Level 4, 2.96. Much improved. Much.
Tempo change
Dance Spin with lunge exit. Level 2, 1.61 goe. Yes, the positions are a bit unclear and the transitions are bumpy. It looks new.
Diag Step Seq - Level 3, 3.71 goe
Twizzles - level 4 for both, 2.69. Nicely done
Choreo Twizzles 3.32 goe
NT Step Seq - Level 3 for both, 2.80 goe
Choreo Dance Lift - best thing in the program for me. 2.91 goe
And into the Sudden Death of Juliet Pose. Oy veh.

Let's just say that it was highly unlikely they'd strike gold two years in a row with their FD. But this is really a step down, and they've been trying to gild the turd, so to speak, all season long. They have SIGNIFICANTLY reworked it since SC; it is pretty much a brand new dance. Thankfully they reduced Kissing You to a reasonable soundbyte. But adding some angular arm movements to step sequences here and there doth not make this innovative or a "contemporary take on R&J."

They do, however, have fantastic skating skills. I can't see them being challenged for the silver at Worlds, though S/K may disagree with me there. ;) The dogfight will be for bronze.

Score: 124.82 and another SB

:laugh2::laugh: Gild the turd?

StephenGfan

Final Flight
I'm just going to pretend that G/P won here and S/B came in second and H/B and G/F tied for third, good night!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
ICE DANCE RESULTS​

Hello, everyone. Here go the Ice Dance Prediction Game results. As I already mentioned, there were 158 participants and after the RD the podium changed quite a lot. There's nobody with the 60-point bonus and only the winners predicted the podium and thus obtained the 30-point bonus (the switch between Hawayek/Baker and Zagorski/Guerreiro didn't allow them to score the maximum 240 points).

There are 2 gold, 27 silver and as many as 73 bronze medalists.

GOLD medal and 190 points: cathlen and Step Sequence4 :hap10:

SILVER medal and 140 points: Antyv, Azcha, Baron Vladimir, Fluture, FS101, Hyena, Koatterce, LadyB, LanaD, lavenderblossom, Lyssa, MalAssada, Marius, moonstruck, ntnext, Off My Rocker, Pandicorn, Phireye, Pippuripihvi, Puchi, ruga, s_parks, SashaJuliaSpins, satine, tosca, voolfee and Weathergal

BRONZE medal and 120 points: AidenAiena, alyssamarie, apgold, arewhyaen, betaincanada, BillNeal, BluishHush, bobbob, cake, CanadianSkaterGuy, cer, Chris Cooper, Colonel Green, corynna, Crossover, Debrah, desertskates, dodobirdo, dunnoww, elektra blue, Fetinia, Fish in the sea, FSLover17, GINO, Holy Headband, hydroblader, IlVoloFan, invisiblespiral, itofan, Kittosuni, Klarnet, LaArdilla, ladykk, MaiKatze, marulia, MelDee, moonkat, MrECartman, Mrs. P, Nathan13, nipman, Nirti, NoNameFace, NYscorp6, okokok1777, Pany lee, Poice, Pululafan, rachno2, randomfan, readernick, Roast Toast, rosacotton, Sabine, [email protected], semosk8tfan, Seven Sisters, Sherlock Marple, silver.blades, Skater Boy, snowflake, SnowWhite, StitchMonkey, SubRosa, surimi, sweetice, tabsy, TTM, vincb17, Winry, Yuzuruu, zebobes and Ziotic

And, just for fun, 60 out of 100 RD medalists managed to keep the podium after the FD: :dance2: :clapper: :dance2:

RD GOLD AND TS GOLD: cathlen and Step Sequence4 were able to keep the RD lead and won both segments. Big congratulations!!!!

RD GOLD AND TS SILVER: Antyv, Baron Vladimir, Fluture, FS101, Hyena, Koatterce, lavenderblossom, Lyssa, MalAssada, Marius and ntnext

RD SILVER AND TS SILVER: Azcha, LadyB, LanaD, moonstruck, Off My Rocker, Pandicorn, Phireye and Pippuripihvi

RD SILVER AND TS BRONZE: AidenAiena, alyssamarie, apgold, arewhyaen, betaincanada, BillNeal, BluishHush, bobbob, CanadianSkaterGuy, cer, Chris Cooper, Colonel Green, corynna, Crossover, Debrah, desertskates, dodobirdo, dunnoww, elektra blue, Fetinia, Fish in the sea, FSLover17, GINO, hydroblader, IlVoloFan, invisiblespiral, Kittosuni, Klarnet, LaArdilla, ladykk, MaiKatze, marulia, MelDee, moonkat, MrECartman, Mrs. P, nipman and Nirti

RD BRONZE AND TS BRONZE: Nathan13

OFF THE PODIUM TO TS BRONZE MEDAL: cake, Holy Headband and itofan

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I think actually S/B performed very well here. I haven't looked at protocols yet.

edit: H/D are not R&J. They are too mature to portray them, their dynamic is totally different. Idk what they were thinking with this program. They could have picked another iconic couple. This program is just aimless and confused.
(and I love the Des'ree song)

Shedi0806

On the Ice
I can't believe that I am saying these words but here we go: S/K seem polished and very well trained this season. We have seen S/B live in Finland and crowd energy is very real when seeing it live. They feed off of each other's and the audience's energy and they are bringing the sex back, people clearly respond to that. I miss that from H/D this year but they are amazing skaters.

LaArdilla

Medalist
Whether you like the program or not, at least one can say that H/D have finally delivered under pressure and kept it together. At the beginning of the season they probably expected to be fighting for silver under P/C, not gold.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Charlene reaction to the scores was the best! :hap10: Very happy for the Italians :)

I'm still in love with Sasha Stepanova's dress :luv17: Generally, I agree with judes order. SinKats were really good, Italians did their best. IMO, H/D lost a little their chemistry. I remember it being electrifying, I don't feel it right now. I agree R&J does not suit them. Or they can't perform it right. Anyway, not a great program for them. They will not challenge P/C with this. And I can see them losing a second position at Worlds as well.

LaArdilla

Medalist
Just realised that, had P/C come here, the senior winners in all four disciplines would be exactly the same as at IdF!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Charlene reaction to the scores was the best! :hap10: Very happy for the Italians :)

I'm still in love with Sasha Stepanova's dress :luv17: Generally, I agree with judes order. SinKats were really good, Italians did their best. IMO, H/D lost a little their chemistry. I remember it being electrifying, I don't feel it right now. I agree R&J does not suit them. Or they can't perform it right. Anyway, not a great program for them. They will not challenge P/C with this. And I can see them losing a second position at Worlds as well.

That isn't what the judges' marks are saying.....they are looking at the skating, not the program.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That isn't what the judges' marks are saying.....they are looking at the skating, not the program.

There is still an 8 point margin from Papadakis/Cizeron, which supports the assertion by Cathlen that they are not going to challenge for gold, at least not yet.

And considering that Sinitsina/Katsalapov basically tied them in the FD, a lock for silver shouldn’t be assumed.

Last edited: