2018-19 Grand Prix Final Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Grand Prix Final Free Dance

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Give them all the medals

I feel like ID and pairs need to remove the gender restrictions, because there are only so many “I want you! Let’s get back together!” and “I love you truly, madly, deeply” programmes you can do without everyone repeating the same movements.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Wow, they take bronze!! I'm happy for them, but S/B must be extremely disappointed. I expected them to challenge for the title and they probably expected to, too.

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
They may have gotten bronze, but Charlene's reactions are gold! I'm so sad for S/B, but glad for G/F.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
And Barbara Fusar-Poli bursts into tears again. But they did deserve that.

Lota

Record Breaker
The 2nd group GOE bonus is the only way I can explain how S/B are so far behind :confused2: Happy for everyone on the podium, but I feel that the point distribution should've been a bit different.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Charlene is crying. Aw...

If I'm Gabby and Guillaume I'm feeling pretty confident about my 4th world title right now.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists. Great podium. H/D aren't really doing themselves favors with this FD but I think they regained some good momentum here.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
Music: La La Land soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz ("Audition," "A Lovely Night," "Epilogue")
Choreography by: Barbara Fusar Poli, Corrado Giordani
Costumes: Green La La dress for her, black pants and vest and tie with white shirt for him

Program Layout:

Boy Meets Girl Steps to establish A Relationship. Then a cartwheel entrance into
Dance Spin with cartwheel entrance. Level 4 1.41 goe
Circ Step Seq - Level 4/ 2.90 goe. Old fashioned but nicely done. Someone's been watching Old Hollywood Musicals.
Very nice rotational flip of her over his back entrance into
Twizzles: done in a circular pattern with tons of interconnecting steps (honestly, I thought this was a NT step seq the first time I saw it). Level 3 for her, 4 for him, 2.80 goe
Curve Lift - with her on his back, he to one foot. Level 4, 1.04 goe
Big Tempo Change into what in a Classic Hollywood Movie would be the Instrumental Dance Interlude but here is the
NT Step Seq - The choreo is pretty standard but they do bring a nice bubbliness to it. Level 2 for her, 3 for him, 2.30 goe And right into
Chor Char Step Seq - Now this I'd ding them for because it barely has an axis. 2.91 goe And it's barely there before there a flip entrance into
Stationary Lift - Yes, it's the same one they use in their tango. Waste not, want not. Level 4, 1.33 goe
Then steps into a cartwheel flip entrance into
SL Lift level 4, 1.38 goe
More steps into a
Choreo Lift - 2.77g
And a
Choreo Spin (2.70 GOE, it's nicely done)
before the final Young Lovers Looking Longingly At Each Other pose.
Roll credits.

If you forget for a moment that this is LLL, you'll see that it really does have an old-timey Hollywood feel to it. I did research at one point for a film historian specializing in classic Hollywood musicals, so I've seen tons of them. It's not Fred and Ginger, but a dance for the ingenues. It is one of the more complete and fine LLL programs of the season.

Score: 120.35 and a well deserved SB. And they podium. Deservedly.

This dance has really grown on me the more I rewatch it. It's SO MGM.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Charlene is crying. Aw...

If I'm Gabby and Guillaume I'm feeling pretty confident about my 4th world title right now.

If I were P/C I'd be thinking about what program I want to do for my 10th world title at this point.
(I kid...sort of)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
100% my favorite K&C reaction this year! Their happiness was amazing to watch, and I'm so, so happy for them (and also thrilled for Maddie and Zach, my favs!).

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a feeling this may be the last time for some of these teams to be on the podium at a big event like this with P/C and W/P being at Worlds and perhaps the Shibs returning next season.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Nothing against these teams but after seeing this competition, looking forward to Weaver/Poje returning and slaying in the second half of the season :devil: