2018 Finlandia Trophy Pairs Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Pairs Free Skate

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Moore-Towers and Marinaro won the FRee Skate! Yay! That's nice for them ... and they were the only ones (that I saw) who skated clean today.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Why is Valentina with them?

I don't know but the two team must work together (or maybe Valentina and Nina are friends or they share the same rink), i remember Nina Mozer was with Kolyada at the Olympics in the KnC during the team event.

pearly

Record Breaker
Oh dear not so good, this ice is cursed!

Also I worry with this music people might call them a cheap knock-off of Aliona and Bruno :(. At least with out there music that won't happen.

As stream was not reliable I decided to make lunch so only half-watched once it was back on. I was thinking how this music sort of reminded me of S/M's but it still works so well for them. I admit it's really bland and lacks personality, but I am so much more comfortable watching them with this music than... you know. I won't write it so that it does not appear again. :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Finally home!!

So I wasn't the only one bothered by the black circle, I like the dress still though. B/K is still on the podium, better luck next time. Now I've got to catch up then go over to JGP to cheer for Haein, what a busy schedule :drama:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love the dress except for the black circle, I wish they'd remove it. Looked like a black bandage/tape.
It was lovely to see a synchro team watch them and cheer from ice level.

I finally figured out it looked like a huge black spider to me, maybe a tarantula. Subconsciously. Whew.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
DAMN IT... my figure skating bio clock is wrong... i thought i would go to bed and wake up for MTM and the rest...

and i guess it's finished.. oh well..

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

ancientpeas said:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dorispulaski
:laugh2:

Doris isn't laughing..she's choking on confetti! Quick..someone give he the Heimlich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6pZuAJjBa4
I got better

Last edited:

pearly

Record Breaker
I finally figured out it looked like a huge black spider to me, maybe a tarantula. Subconsciously. Whew.

I was watching Jr ladies a bit and there was a girl in a low cut back red dress with a big patch of blue physio tape on her back so I was still in that mode. Thought it was tape or perhaps a cover for a small scar or something.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
DAMN IT... my figure skating bio clock is wrong... i thought i would go to bed and wake up for MTM and the rest...

and i guess it's finished.. oh well..

Kirsten and Michael skated beautifully! I'm really happy for them! The youtube video should be up shortly.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ LOL. It was more of a stumble than a jump, I thought at the time. But she got the last 1 toe in anyway, pretty determined. :)

nocturnalis

Medalist
Vanessa and Morgan are the beacons of inconsistency. I don't know what's up with Tarasova, but I wouldn't necessarily say that J/C would do better.

Vili67

On the Ice
They are chasing the bird in the kiss and cry corner...

I remember few years back there was bird in Espoo arena.
But it only fly there where they drive in ice machine.
And newer did get on ice but today that bird did do that LOL

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sorry, but so silly to say this. We don't know how James/Cipres would have skated if they were here. And Tarasova/Morozov will probably skate great at another competition.
Vanessa and Morgan are the beacons of inconsistency. I don't know what's up with Tarasova, but I wouldn't necessarily say that J/C would do better.
I'm not claiming that they necessarily would have skated better, but they're the only other team skating in the fall that is close to their level.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is it wrong that I want to beg karne to stay? Australians need to become insomniacs.

Now I really am going have to make up what is going on.

Normally I'd be up for it but yesterday I was just wiped. Was barely awake through Katia and Harley.

This is quite true, but if you were reading karne's summaries, you'd think that A/W did about 50 times better than K/O or the Austrians!

Oh, I'm sorry, I can always not PBP if you want.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A somewhat disappointing free skate. None of the final group really delivered. I really didn’t expect MT/M to win the free but this was pretty much the best they can skate. I’m not sure I see them being a team who can break through the 140+ mark. The free suits them much better than the short.

I think this programme can work for T/M but obviously it needs to be clean. They were off in everything yesterday. Not sure what happened in the lift but I have to hand it to her going into another lift a few seconds later. They still scored big for what they delivered. B/K had a poor start to the programme but finished strongly. They have transitioned well to Seniors and look well placed to make a run for 3rd Russian Senior pair.

I don’t like P/ K’s free. Way to many music cuts and I have no idea what it is about. Still I think they have a lot of potential.

What is the maximum score in the Pairs free now? Obviulsly it’s dropped with one less lift, maybe 140+ would be a very good score now