2018 Finlandia Trophy Pairs Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Pairs Free Skate

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Katia ALEXANDROVSKAYA/Harley WINDSOR (AUS)
her in red halter dress with sparkles, him in a black three-quarter sleeve top with sparkle/velvet embellishment on v-neck and in v-shape down back

3Tw gorgeous
SBS 3T-2Trip lovely!
Th3Lo
SBS 3S - she fell, he did a 2S 2ft crashy
upsy
FIDs
upsy - just got up
ChSq
Th3Lz fall
upsy lovely
CoSp

Very good! Much better than SLC!

I was just watching this programme, and what struck me most was how afterwards it was Katia who laughed, patted Harley's shoulder in a way 'hey, come on, it could have been worse', she used to be so serious (and she still is during the skate itself), but it's so good to see her being more relaxed, and realising they did quite a few good things too - especially the twist. I think Richard is very good for this team, still ambitious and so they should be but with more joy in it all.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
i was really disappointed in the Australians. I expected more of them They are former junior champions. Way too many mistakes for a team through puberty; I would have expected them to be challenging for top ten at worlds level. STill who knows. The Canadians MMTM - M are going to be interesting - is he strong enough to improve those lifts and twists? Will they grow stylistically They are now Canadas no. 1 though probably were considered as low as no..4 last year but they did get sixth at worlds. The Russians did not look good but had a big enough lead. I think they are a good team in the Russian style but not special or spectacular. Ditto for the Canadians but Canada doesn't have much else. I would expect this year the Americans to challenge them for top six. But the Americans continue to underwhelm. The opportunity seems to be there for them especially at the challenger series.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Because she is..

I wonder what would have happened had Dylan not had the concussion and they stayed together. I think a rtistically they would have grown a l ot and technically we would have see 3T3T and they would have given DR a run for the bronze. MTM is a great pairs skater; she needs a guy to match her. Marinaro may be pretty but he has notably struggled on lifts/twists (strength and technique) and he doesn't jump as well either.