2018 Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA
Music: Tango: "Vuelvo al Sur" by Juan Carlos Caceres; Tango: "A los Amigo" by Forever Tango
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil
Costumes: Standard red tango dress for her; black pants, beige open collar shirt with tied maroon scarf for him

Required Elements:

Standard tango steps to Set The Mood
Rotation on one knee for both into
Twizzles - Level 4 for both, 2.42 goe. Very well done. Montreal has helped them solidify their twizzling technique.
TR Pattern 1 - Level 1 NYNN, 1.41 goe
TR Pattern 2 - Level 1, NNNY, 1.45 goe
Shame on you Montreal. Hire a pattern dance coach pronto.
ML St Seq - what I find very interesting is there is a tempo change within the sequence. I believe they're the first team I've seen do that this season and it's very effective. Level 2, 2.26 goe
Curve Lift - Level 4, .99 goe
Steps into final tango pose

Those are some fake eyelashes Kaitlin. I'm surprised your head isn't tilting forward from them.

They're getting the goes so the judges want to reward them but Mntreal needs to up their pattern game.

Score: 71.33 and a SB

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
See, this actually works since JL is small enough... otherwise the male-male thing doesn't work because of the lifts required

Exactly! The question is who we pair with Yuzu in same-sex pairs... if it’s Boyang, we could have a throw 5A or SBS 4Lzs... but the height!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I completely agree with you. I am intrigued to see what kind of monster GOE comes out in the 2nd group.

It will be on a full force tomorrow when these 3 choreo moves/lifts or whatever and GOE on them could win you a thing and make up for lost levels big time...

Metis

Record Breaker
I love McNamara/Carpenter (If that's who you're referring to) too, but I think next year will be the year they and the Parsons will make the bigger jump.

I did indeed mean them. I am still impressed that they actually managed Level 4 on both halves in the same performance. It’s hard to break out this early, but at least they have the technical goods... these patterns are killing my love for the TR.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Tiffani is a boss and I love her sense of style.

And Jonathan's easy on the eye ;)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did indeed mean them. I am still impressed that they actually managed Level 4 on both halves in the same performance. It’s hard to break out this early, but at least they have the technical goods... these patterns are killing my love for the TR.

Unless you're Papadakis/Cizeron.

Anyways, I'm enjoying this right now.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
We really need V/M at this point to make a guest appearance and school teams on the TR in Vancouver ;)

schizoanalyst

Medalist
The baroque nature and recitatives of this music highlights all their worst qualities, not the best choice for them imo

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm impressed that they missed three of the four keypoints on the first half of the pattern but then recovered the timing and nailed the entire second half.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Going to add to the obnoxious I-miss-V/M chorus and say I wish they'd come back just for the RDs

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find it rather pathetic that the Greens, a (delightful) junior team on their first international outing of the season this week got both L4 AND all their keypoints, and there's only one L4 kpYYYY out of the first half of the *senior* GPF.

Go Greens, but seriously senior teams, get your acts together.

Metis

Record Breaker
When his arm goes through her legs and nearly ends in a crotch-grab during that lift... I cringe every time.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO
Music: Tango - Besame Mucho/Your Guess Is Welcome for second music piece
Choreography by: Mikhail Kolegov
Costumes: Green dress with red ombre for her, basic black tango for him. Actually it looks like she genetically crossed about 3 dresses to get that. It's a whole lotta costume in one!

Required Elements:

Very sharp tango steps to start. He wants her, she says no no no. Ok. we have a relationship. And into
Twizzles - HUGE coverage. Level 4 for both. .99 goe. Not as sharp as earlier in the season. Again, people are skating cautiously here.
SL Lift that is good. Level 4, .99 goe
TR Pattern 1 - Level 1, NNYN, 1.21 goe
TR Pattern 2 - Level 4, YYYY, 1.45 goe
Finally! A Tempo Change! And into
A decent ML Step Seq. Level 2, 2.32 goe

Second year in a row with a fine pattern dance. But it still lacks POLISH. Lots of limbs flailing I thought.
Don't know what I loathe more--her dress or the music. Anyone got a coin to flip?

Score: 72.98