2018 Internationaux de France Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Rhythm Dance

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Many many years of heartbreak have taught me not get too emotionally invested. I cried when Kurt fell in the SP in Albertville.
So now I have favourites but only a few that I actually get nervous for.
Either that or I just got old and crusty.

How do you not get invested? I'm genuinely struggling with that one, I cried at 4 am last week because my darling had bombed her short.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
NoNameFace, wave at us with the sunflowers! I want to see you and tabsy on the screen :)

They were shown at least once during the Men's SP. (I left after the first Warm-Up)

But I really want to see the sunflowers get shown on the TV too!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I never watch Ice Dance(especially now with VM retired) but I'm so anxious for the Ladies that I'll watch the RD to pass the time. Maybe I'll find some performance amazing??? I'm curious to see PC! I don't know anything about ice dance, which actually makes it more pleasant to watch I think. :laugh:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Disclaimer: am Jon Snow in ID.

That said, ouch, those GOEs and Ns with the KPs... I only noticed that he struggled with the twizzles, but overall this wasn't a good day for them, was it?

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Oh, that makes sense :) I will scan the public tomorrow then for at least a glimpse of your sunny and smiling yellow bouquet :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't have them today with me, plan is to deliver them tomorrow after FD:) :) :)

Oops. I forgot that was the plan. :eek::

Mmmm. Make sure you wave them as they are taking their bows and as they are coming off the ice. Because Eurosport aren't showing the Free LIVE, and you never know how much they will edit out.

CaroLiza_fan

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very new team, and ouch on the tech score. But I'm actually cautiously optimistic--they look like a good match for each other.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
How do you not get invested? I'm genuinely struggling with that one, I cried at 4 am last week because my darling had bombed her short.

I usually only get nervous for my favourites if they are in danger of winning an Olympic medal or WC otherwise I am pretty philosophical. Getting too upset about my favourites not winning actually ruined my love of the sport for awhile so now I have to disengage a bit. I mostly just hope that they are happy with their skaters and don't worry about the results.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Adelina GALAYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON FRA
Music: "Flamenco" by Antonio Gades, Cristina Hoyos; Tango: "Tango Flamenco" by Armik
Choreography by: Anjelika Krylova
Costumes: Red skirt with black top for her, basic black with gloves for him

Required Elements:

ML St Seq - very nice spacing and sync. Level 2, 1.39g
Twizzles - Level 4 for her, 2 for him. neg .87 g. He missed a rotation in the second set. Ooops.
TR Pattern 1 - Level 1, neg .23 g NNYN
TR Pattern 2 - Level 1 neg .11 g NNNY
This was just steps today; not much of an actual dance. Very flat for me. They're better than that.
Rotational Lift - good speed, not my favorite position. Level 4, .61 g

For such a new team I was impressed. Keep an eye on these two. This was a bit flat, but they are new and need time to gel.

Score: 55.21

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Adelina GALAYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON FRA
Music: "Flamenco" by Antonio Gades, Cristina Hoyos; Tango: "Tango Flamenco" by Armik
Choreography by: Anjelika Krylova
Costumes: Red skirt with black top for her, basic black with gloves for him

Required Elements:

ML St Seq - very nice spacing and sync. Level 2, 1.39g
Twizzles - Level 4 for her, 2 for him. neg .87 g. He missed a rotation in the second set. Ooops.
TR Pattern 1 - Level 1, neg .23 g NNYN
TR Pattern 2 - Level 1 neg .11 g NNNY
This was just steps today; not much of an actual dance. Very flat for me. They're better than that.
Rotational Lift - good speed, not my favorite position. Level 4, .61 g

For such a new team I was impressed. Keep an eye on these two. This was a bit flat, but they are new and need time to gel.

Score: 55.21

:hap57: WeakAnkles! Hooray!

- - - Updated - - -

The Lithuanian man is still good-looking. That said, only one Y... Still, good twizzles there.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS
Music: Tango: Ojos Negros; Tango: Idilio; Tango: Zita
Choreography by: Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
Costumes: Three color tango dress with strapped back for her, basic black with red pocket square for him

Required Elements:

Basic tango steps into him pulling her through his legs and into
Twizzles - Level 4 for both, .72goe Nicely done
TR Pattern 1 - level 1, NNYN .13 goe
TR Pattern 2 - level 1, NNNN .32 goe
Not as smooth as last time out. They seem a bit off today.
ML St Seq - with twizzle exit out. Level REALLY well done. Great matching lines. Bravo. Level 2 and .57 goe. I think that's a bit low.
Rotational Lift level 4 .44goe
and into final tango pose.

This dance really impressed me at Rostelecom. Not quite as sharp today but man these two have come on leaps and bounds since last year.

Score: 59.77