2018 JGP Canada Mens Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada Mens Free Skate

frida80

Record Breaker
Poor Stephan. There was a lot of pressure on him and in front of such a large home crowd. Well was an important experience. Talent alone can't make you a champion. It takes a steely determination burned through lots of wins and loses. He'll learn and grow.

freeman21

On the Ice
Is it just me, or does Orser seem a bit... upset each time I see him with a junior on the bench?

frida80

Record Breaker
I wonder if competing in front of the home crowd may have gotten the better of Stephen. :eek:hwell:

He's first JGP was practically a ghost town. Barely anyone in the stands. Here, a lot of people came just to see him. It's a lot for a kid.

And his coach, Brian Orser, coach of the reigning two Time OGM is here with him this time. It’s like going from a pop quiz to the final exam.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
but not Stephen himself I'm sure

No. I remember being 12 and competing against people a lot of older than I was. I did not appreciate that they had more experience and could deal with things going wrong more easily than I could.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I am getting a bit worried about the kid, considering his content, age and number of falls.
Hope he remains injury-free, and maybe moves to a coach that cares more about health and less about short term success.
He doesn't fall any more than any other junior man we've seen in these competitions. And Orser has been very explicit about how they manage his training to limit jumping time, etc.

Boy, Sena's free program couldn't be much more of a contrast with his short program.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Sena
4Sfall so about banning quads in juniors,
3Aturnout
3Lz
FCSp wow the catchfoot!
CCoSp
1A woops
3Lz.... ? +REP
StSq he has nice speed but wish he emoted a bit more
3Fstepout