2018 JGP Ostrava Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Olivia MCISAAC / Corey CIRCELLI
Music: "There Will Be Time" by Mumford & Sons, Baaba Maal
Choreography by: Kelly Johnson, Romain Haguenauer
Costumes: Multicolored bodice with blue skirt for her, Baby blue sirt with dark blue overshit and black pants for him

Program Layout:

Dance spin with good speed and stretch
NT St Seq edges could be deeper, level 4 for her 3 for him
Choreo slide out of it
Curve Lift with a great posiiton, but awk entry into it. Level 4
Twizzle out of sync and need to work on distance, Level 3 for her, 4 for him
ML step seq with good speed
Chor Character St Seq with twizzle exit out
Rotational lift in split position to one leg Level 3

They really need to work on getting INTO and OUT OF lifts. It's all very awkward. Music is interestingly quirky. They really have a good feel for it-- and work the tempos in it.Great speed and attack.

Score: 81.33

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hang on. Britain has a shortage of boys taking up Ice Dance. Our girls are having to look overseas to find partners. And yet we've EXPORTED a guy (i.e. Corey) to Canada?!

Don't worry, I'm not being totally serious with this comment. After all, Corey came up through the Canadian sytem. But, it does make you wonder where we are going wrong.

On the plus side, there's Neil Wilson again! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Maria GOLUBTSOVA / Kirill BELOBROV
Music: "Charms" (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; "Abdication" (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski
Choreography by: Maria Tumanovskaia-Chaika, Anaida Koniar
Costumes: Floaty white dress for her, white shirt with black pants for him

Program Layout:

Twizzles - wonderful exit out of first set, really held that edge, level 4 for both
SL lift cartwheel exit - really lovely
Chor Spinning movement in split on ice. Nice.
Dead air into tempo change.
NT Step Seq with major balance check for her
Cic Step Seq back on track.
Spinning movement into
Dance spin - wonderful speed. They do like their cartwheel exits these two
Rotational lift to one foot
Choreo Lift

Very nice feel for the music. I enjoyed that.

Score: 83.80

Nicely done.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sara CAMPANINI / Francesco RIVA
Music: "Be Italian" (from "Nine") performed by Fergie
Choreography by: Matteo Zanni
Costumes: Red dress with sequined bodice for her; basic black for him

Program Layout:

Rotational Lift - great speed on it.
Dance Spin - a bit awkward getting into it
Twizzles - sloppy, need to get closer together, level 4 for both. Balance check for her.
NT St Seq - really nice sync on this, they hit the beats, level 2 for her, 3 for him
Midline St Seq - I like their st seqs. She should just watch a tendency to hunch forward
SL Lift to vocal highlight (nicely choreographed cartwheel exit to the vocal) Level 4
Chor Spin
Chor Lift

MUCH better than last outing. They really attacked that. It's a good program for them.

Hello cute coach.

Score: 77.95

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
So, my favorite of Zhenya's programs is about Diana Davis, isn't it? In which capacity she is able to hear a music she is skating too? Does someone know?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Emmy’s costume doesn’t particularly remind me of anything from the movie, but high marks for being the first team I've seen that understand that “Tightrope” is an underrated song and perfect for a skating program.

EDIT - huge score. Their 140 total score is only five points below the 145 they got domestically this summer.

vitamintea

On the Ice
So, my favorite Zhenya's program is about Diana Davis, isn't it? In which capacity she is able to hear a music she is skating too? Does someone know?

I'm not sure what you mean, but are you thinking of Laurine Lecavlier's "Experience" program dedicated to her deaf sister and incorporating sign language gestures?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Emmy BRONSARD / Aissa BOUARAGUIA
Music: The Greatest Showman Soundtrack
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil
Costumes: Black and white bodice top to sheer layered tiered skirt for her (it's almost like a very tasteful cancan dress--I found it charming), basic black with red "Ringmaster" jacket for him

Program Layout:

I accidentally closed the screen for part of this.

Twizzles - best of the day so far
NT Step Seq level 4 for her, 2 for him.
Rotational Lift with wonderful position for them Level 4
Dance spin. She has a great layback.
Tempo Change
ML Step Seq with the most wonderful splits. She's just SEDUCING the judges
Chor slides
Chor Char Step Seq
Stationary Lift

Man she is a FIND. She is just charm galore. Best Montreal choreography of the season for me so far.

Score: 84.86

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I'm not sure what you mean, but are you thinking of Laurine Lecavlier's "Experience" program dedicated to her deaf sister and incorporating sign language gestures?

No, last time someone mentioned that Eteris daughter who is skating here, Diana Davis is half-deaf (i dont know the exact phrase or what is her capacity of hearing, so im asking).

Great skating to the upbeat tempo. Emmy Brosard can do splits on ice in both direction :biggrin:

vitamintea

On the Ice
Question for those of you who watch a lot more ice dance (junior or senior) than I do—does Diana Davis show a lot of promise or does she get a lot of attention for just being Eteri's daughter? I watched the RD but I don't have any internal feel for where to place them or rank her skating skills.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sophia ELDER / Christopher ELDER
Music: Halo Theme performed by Lindsey Sterling; Piano Fantasy by William Joseph
Choreography by: Igor Shpilband, Fabian Bourzat
Costumes: Pink ombre for both

Program Layout:

Dance spin that petered out
Twizzles - nice held edge out of 1st set. Level 4 for both
Killian hold into SL lift with great pickup by him
Cir St Seq
NT St Seq - caught her costume at one point. Whoops.
Choreo Twizzling move
Cartwheel with steps into rotational lift
Choreo spin

It's a sketch so far, this program. A bit rough around the edges. But it's a good sketch.

Score: 81. 45

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Question for those of you who watch a lot more ice dance (junior or senior) than I do—does Diana Davis show a lot of promise or does she get a lot of attention for just being Eteri's daughter? I watched the RD but I don't have any internal feel for where to place them or rank her skating skills.
She’s got talent. Not an immediate star or anything, but she’s quite young in ice dance terms.

Being Eteri’s daughter definitely brings more eyeballs than would otherwise be on her, for both good and ill.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Elizaveta KHUDAIBERDIEVA / Nikita NAZAROV
Music: "Human" (Acoustic) by Rag'n'Bone Man; "Human" by Rag'n'Bone Man; "Nemesis" by Benjamin Clementine
Choreography by: Nikolai Nikonov
Costumes: black dress, cutouts with side bling for her; white shirt with black pants, black tie and grey jacket for him

Program Layout:

Got a phone call I had to take, so couldn't do the PBP. It looks like they've reworked the entire program. And it wasn't as interesting to me. She is rather intense isn't she? Sorry about that.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
These two will obviously win this by some way (and deserve to), but I don’t think that was quite up to their Bratislava standard.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I love love love Nikita's way of skating. But it appears she is a little bit heavy to him to rotate her in the lifts. Or maybe he needs more upperbody strenght.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN
Music: "Los Muertos Vivos Estan" (from "Spectre" - James Bond soundtrack) by Thomas Newman, Tambuco; "Writing's On The Wall" (from "Spectre" - James Bond soundtrack) performed by Sam Smith
Choreography by: Mikhail Kolegov
Costumes: Black dress with side cut out and bling straps for her; white shirt, black pants with black staps on shirt for him

Program Layout:

Twizzles great distance on first set. Nice and close. Small balance check by her. Level 4 for both.
Rotational lift with nice entry with one foot turn. Level 4
Serp step sequence that wasn't very interesting
Dance spin with lovely speed but awkward exit
SL lift. He really just tossed her up there. Level 4
NT St Seq with a great exit position Level 2 for both.
Chor Char Step Seq - she does do great illusions
Chor Rotational lift with great positions

I mean, it's not the most interesting Bond program. I wasn't unduly impressed (well I was impressed with her illuions). Competent but not particularly memorable.

Score: 92.07 Very generous. Very very very.