2018 Junior World Championships Ladies SP | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Ladies SP

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I don't know if this could place third. Her landings were... pretty frightening if I'm being completely honest. I don't think I'd give her lower PCS than Konstantinova though but I assume she will get like 25...

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is another junior doing a routine to music from Sweet Charity- Lim Eun-soo. If you listen to it you can hear a relation to Big Spender.

Right! There are SO many pieces of music that have that feel. Why not choose one of them instead??

andromache

Record Breaker
Eunsoo has so many wonderful qualities - but I think the South Korean pressure to be the next Yuna Kim is getting to her. She doesn't seem to have the joy she did last season.

A US lady has the 3rd highest TES of the night. Who thought it was possible???

(Ting BOMBED her SP at Nationals and made a HUGE comeback in a flawless LP. I'm bracing myself for her to do the opposite here and not getting my hopes up.)

(ETA: Oops I forgot Mako still has to skate - might've spoke too soon about that TES score being the 3rd highest.)

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Eunsoo has a lot of nothing going on in that program at times. Also, her edges look, I don't know, weird?

icybear

Medalist
Her costume is too skimpy. Those flirtatious movements were so uncomfortably undecent for a 15 yrs old

jillredhand

Record Breaker
You know, I like Eunsoo, but her spins... it's the first time I've looked at a skater's spins and thought "Yes, these are very average spins." Don't know why the relative unremarkability of them stood out to me so much. Maybe it's that she's got the makings of a star, and I'd like to see her really bring the wow factor to all her elements, rather than just looking like a middle of the pack skater.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Rika's levels and backloading really helped make up for the fall... and everyone having issues in their SPs too.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
At least she beat Konstantinova... Some justice in this world.

Now, Mako Yamashita has amazing jumps but nothing else. But I guess it's still something.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Way to go Eunsoo!! :hap10: She did look a bit worn out in the second half, but good for her for saving those shaky landings and not falling prey to her nemesis the sit spin :clapper:

She's so graceful and fluid. She still has a ways to go in terms of maturing her skating, but she reminds me of a tiny Yuna.

CAS

On the Ice
Is Ensoo Lim one of the two Korean girls who skated in the Olympics gala show? She reminds me of one of them.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I just realized I hate tights completely over the boots more than half covering them. Makes the feet look so weird.