2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Men's Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Men's Short Program

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
well, first comp after that ankle injury at JW, not bad. I enjoyed the step sequence.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am not familiar with Alexei's skating, but he is young and has room to improve.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Alexei Krasnozhon

Alright 3F, bit of a wild swing and one slight tap of his other foot. Hard counter entry into the 3A, hand-down. Could have a straighter spinning leg in the camel spin. Wild lean on the 3Lz+2T, but landed okay. I think his step sequence has improved and he has a wider range of movement and step vocabulary. He should watch his hands though - sometimes they become a flat platter robot hands. He just needs to work on broadening his chest and general port-de-bra.

Score: 67.32

cleo2070

Final Flight
Keegan MESSING (CAN), 26
music: "You've Got a Friend in Me" performed by Michael Bublé

grey sweater vest, light grey shirt, dark grey tie dark grey pants
love his skating
4-3, i think! nice :)
spread eagle into spin
two-footed triple
lovely step sq
triple jump

he just has such a lovely quality to his skating :love:

SCORE: 49.03 + 41.60 = 90.63 1/7

well-deserved!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Keegan Messing

Beautiful 4T+3T to open. Nice spread eagle sequence into the camel spin. He's improved his control of his glide, doesn't look as insecure on his footing. Wild swing and tap-down on the 3A. Lovely hydroblade between the step sequence and sit spin. Very difficult split jump into a well-landed 3Lz. Very fast final spin.

Score: 90.63

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
My favourite thing so far: this is a quote from the YT livestream when Keegan got on the ice. “He look like old grandpa” 😂 I couldn’t agree more. I wish he’d do something other than this style, PLEASE.

katymay

Medalist
Alexei KRASNOZHON (USA), 18
music: "Dancing on My Own;" choreo by Scott Brown
dark blue/indigo shirt 3/4 sleeves, black pants
two triple jumps, ok
lyrical music, i'm not sold yet
combo (stream hiccup)
step sq

okay skater, okay program, but nothing to write home about (IMO!)

SCORE: 33.27 34.05 = 67.32 5/7

He would make a great pair skater.

lusk8

Record Breaker
Didn't realize Peter Frampton was training Keegan ;)

Joke aside, a great solid skate and he looked happy too. Go Keegan.

katymay

Medalist
My favourite thing so far: this is a quote from the YT livestream when Keegan got on the ice. “He look like old grandpa” 😂 I couldn’t agree more. I wish he’d do something other than this style, PLEASE.

Really the same program, just different music. But I do love his spins, and his shtick. Really the consummate showman, and even if it is the same, he is always entertaining.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight

I was thinking the same. I am a huge fan of both him and Kolyada, and they are both very strong skaters that only do that one style :D I wish they would perhaps experiment some time.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Not so exciting... I like Dmitriev the best. Keegan did a great job but his style doesn't suit my taste at all.

Always rooting for Daniel, but not his best today. Hopefully he'll have a great season finally. Can't wait to see him reach his potential.