2018 Olympic Figure Skating Free Dance | Page 102 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Free Dance

maya1985

On the Ice
V/M could not skate at their peak given their old ages (28/30) in both events. This is older than when G/P won their second Olympic gold. And unlike G/P, V/M had 8 years in between their first Olympic gold and second. Lifts and spins and whatnot I cannot imagine to be easy for them. But they made the most of it and their hard work along with talent was richly awarded by the judges.

I do not see the relation between the age of V/M and the problem of P/C during the short dance. It's sure that skating with a dress that threatens to fall is very easy:(
As for the presence of the Canadian President and her marks :disagree: it's incredible that no one finds this situation absurd: the conflict of interest seems obvious

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty
I do not see the relation between the age of V/M and the problem of P/C during the short dance. It's sure that skating with a dress that threatens to fall is very easy:(
As for the presence of the Canadian President and her marks :disagree: it's incredible that no one finds this situation absurd: the conflict of interest seems obvious

Yes, Canadians put President of the Canadian Federation in the panel but on SM they make a fuss of political judging by frrench who gave +1 for V/M
But when president of the canadian federation give 7 points difference between V/M and P/C is not political.And put W/P in second place, whic is laughable, no judge did this.
French judge had enough decency to gave 1 point difference between two top couple. That was his/here mistake.
And whats more 4 off 9 judges from Skate Canada(the event when V/M got highest marks throu season) were also in Olympics

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
Yes, Canadians put President of the Canadian Federation in the panel but on SM they make a fuss of political judging by frrench who gave +1 for V/M
But when president of the canadian federation give 7 points difference between V/M and P/C is not political.And put W/P in second place, whic is laughable, no judge did this.
French judge had enough decency to gave 1 point difference between two top couple. That was his/here mistake.
And whats more 4 off 9 judges from Skate Canada(the event when V/M got highest marks throu season) were also in Olympics

Actually, that’s something that I like clarification on. Who decides what judges to send? What qualifications do they need? I don’t believe that the skate Canada president should have been there no

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty
Actually, that’s something that I like clarification on. Who decides what judges to send? What qualifications do they need? I don’t believe that the skate Canada president should have been there no

Yes, is there any explanation? And why she acted to the disadvantage of rivals.? it is obvious looking at the protocols. Pure politics . No judge even french, us , turkish were so crude to others. And why there were no french judge in FD? Beside that they put polish judgge who is known to prefer canadians and she doesnt hide it

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
Yes, is there any explanation? And why she acted to the disadvantage of rivals.? it is obvious looking at the protocols. Pure politics . No judge even french, us , turkish were so crude to others. And why there were no french judge in FD? Beside that they put polish judgge who is known to prefer canadians and she doesnt hide it

There was no French judge in ice dance at the Olympics. However, the US judge has been known to mark biasedly as well.

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty
There was no French judge in ice dance at the Olympics. However, the US judge has been known to mark biasedly as well.

There were no french judge in SD?

Us judge knew how canadians will be mark. so what is wrong about that? With canadian fair judging i bet she would mark them better. but I think she good did thing.Someone had to balance those undeserved low score Sorry.Canadians marks are scandal. And they have the effrontery to criticize others

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
There were no french judge in SD?

Us judge knew how canadians will be mark. so what is wrong about that? With canadian fair judging i bet she would mark them better. but I think she good thing. Sorry.Canadians marks are scandal. And they have the effrontery to criticize others

If they judge that way for that reason then that’s just as bad as being biased to your own country.

Sorry, I was thinking for the free dance. My mistake

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty
If they judge that way for that reason then that’s just as bad as being biased to your own country.

Sorry, I was thinking for the free dance. My mistake

No, because it was not for their own country. It is little different . I dont think its 100% fair, but when biased judge score like crazy for their own , and for purpose reduce score fot the other couple who were favoutite to win , sorry this is just plain bad.
If us judge was bad as canadian one she would put us shibutanis in first place , reducing very much scores for v/m and p/c

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
No, because it was not for their own country. It is little different . I dont think its 100% fair, but when biased judge score like crazy for their own , and for purpose reduce score fot the other couple who were favoutite to win , sorry this is just plain bad.
If us judge was bad as canadian one she would put us shibutanis in first place , reducing very much scores for v/m and p/c

But the Shibs aren’t on the same level as V/M or P/C. It’s more of a level playing field between 1&2. Actually though many fans were saying (from many countries) that they should’ve been ahead of P/C in the short dance. I myself don’t agree and like both V/M and P/C equally for different reasons.

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty
But the Shibs aren’t on the same level as V/M or P/C. It’s more of a level playing field between 1&2. Actually though many fans were saying (from many countries) that they should’ve been ahead of P/C in the short dance. I myself don’t agree and like both V/M and P/C equally for different reasons.

Yes i know ..but It doesnt matter, canadian judge put W/P on SECOND place , and they are on such level to put on 2th??? No, so what??
So US judge COULD get highest score for Shibs , then p/c... but she didnt , she got enough decency.

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty
And the most important thing is how much the score differences were ? us judge didnt get 7 points between 1 and 2 place. She put P/c on 8th! :disagree: us or turkish judge could be more strict to v/m just like president of canadian federation.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Honestly, with the dropped scores, it doesn't matter if the Canadian judge put the Canadians 10 points higher or 1 point higher... if they were the highest score it's getting dropped regardless. Likewise for them marking the French 10 points lower vs 1 point lower, if they were the lowest, it's getting dropped regardless.

I did the math, with the existing scores/levels, if you drop the highest marking and lowest marking judge for V/M and P/C , V/M still had a higher score (but by a slightly smaller margin)

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty
Honestly, with the dropped scores, it doesn't matter if the Canadian judge put the Canadians 10 points higher or 1 point higher... if they were the highest score it's getting dropped regardless. Likewise for them marking the French 10 points lower vs 1 point lower, if they were the lowest, it's getting dropped regardless.

I did the math, with the existing scores/levels, if you drop the highest marking and lowest marking judge for V/M and P/C , V/M still had a higher score (but by a slightly smaller margin)

Yep, but it DOES matter how she marks canadian teams overall, she is biased. if you think w/p were better then shibs..

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty

And you repeat obvious facts like getting shighest and lowest cores dropped..we KNOW that, but how such person look like ??? IT doesnt bother you? I dhe gets 9.50 in SS for W/P and P/C. lol

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I never said anything about how it makes her look. All I said is that it has little bearing on the results.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I know that, so I asked you a question? So?

I think Koatterce has answered.

I will answer you though. I think this judge should not be the Canadian judge at these events. I also don't think it would have changed the results. It is unfortunate that there was no french judge on the panel but no one knows if that would have made a difference to final outcome. It was a random draw both times. It could just as easily have been no Canadian judge or neither judge.

Your assumption seems to be that a different Canadian judge might have scored things differently but that is one of those hypothetical questions that there will never be a satisfying answer to. Just as there will never been a definitive answer to the question of "what if a french judge were on the panel?"

I'm sorry you are disappointed in the results and with the judging. I hope that you will be more satisfied with the judging a worlds.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I know that, so I asked you a question? So?

No duh it doesn't make her look good. I would obviously prefer a panel of judges that were unbiased.

But if her significant bias had little effect on the actual results (actual scores would change a bit, but placings would be the same), then it's not something worth getting worked up over. Yeah sure, replace the judge (with a less biased one), and it'd be better but not a huge deal.

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
No duh it doesn't make her look good. I would obviously prefer a panel of judges that were unbiased.

But if her significant bias had little effect on the actual results (actual scores would change a bit, but placings would be the same), then it's not something worth getting worked up over. Yeah sure, replace the judge (with a less biased one), and it'd be better but not a huge deal.

You’re never going to have a fully unbiased panel. Never.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
You’re never going to have a fully unbiased panel. Never.

I know that. That was an ideal situation. Hence why when i said potentially replace the judge with a less biased judge. But i don't see it making a significant difference if it's only one judge