2018 Olympic Figure Skating Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Free Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have decided I am going to watch and enjoy the performances and not get invested in the scores. I enjoy pretty everyone left and think they are all skating at such a high standard. May everyone end up personally satisfied.

Icey

Record Breaker
Re Brian Orser: Have he and Yu-na gotten together at the Olympics or run into each other?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want Marie-Jade's dress for the holidays...

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Well that was a fine how do you do! Allez la France! [emoji632]

Three cheers to L/L and their love. [emoji173][emoji813][emoji178]

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well they should win Most Thrifty award since an ENORMOUS amount of that program is recycled from their Beatles LP.

Next year will probably their tribute to The Rolling Stones. Or Led Zeppelin. With most of it recycled again.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Crap, I got stuck putting together furniture. What I miss?

At least I didn't miss Another One Bites The Dust :dance:

Ha ha I hear your pain, I lost track of time at the gym and was running to see this.

But I'm shocked, Ch 7 is showing this live for now! Usually there's quite a delay...although it looks like they'll be moving on shortly to the half-pipe so I need to get my stream ready to go!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Lauriault / Le Gac

Starting off with an interesting choreographic spin. Nice cartwheeling entry into a rotational + stationary lift. Very unexpected choreography so far. Not very fast rotation in the twizzles but safe and secure (Level 3), very nice exist out of the 1st set just showing that edge. Elegant entry into the combo spin in two directions. Some good curves in the circule step sequence (Level 3). Good flipping in and out in the curve lift. Fairly good edges through the diagonal step but a bit flat in some parts (Level 2) and a good choreo lift to end.

I think that the Queen medley doesn't particularly mix with this team. The costuming is far less rock and more contemporary or romantic in look to me. There were a few moments of two-foot skating, and they could have more assertively emphasized that beat in the second half more to me since Everyone Bites The Dust is so iconic. I think they did have more energy in the second half and that their choreography is interesting, particularly in the first minute or so.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Lifts are the obvious highlights for the French. Keep working on the expressions.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Score for the French team seems low, but still first place! :agree:

oh wait they were the first team. lol oops :palmf: