2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Free Skate | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Free Skate

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I can get more virgins, where do I get a volcano? :laugh:

i have one (almost) near my home...and i got the feeling we're going to need as many sacrifices as we can this season :biggrin: (finding so many virgins could be an actual problem though :laugh:)

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Im finally just watching this event right now.. I just watched Eunsoo Lim's FS.. really delightful but I think she's still in her shell. The Chicago's music is a bit to robust for her right now. By the time world's comes I want her to ditch her shell and grab some lipstick n flair.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
So all in all..here is what I thought. Zagitova's rendition of Carmen for me personally is.... under whelming. I feel its improved over the course of the year but its still not what I want to see when I see a skate to that music. I have to compare that skate to greats like Tessa and Scott, Debbie Thomas, Katerina Witt, Etc.. I dont think shes a large enough skater to fill that music.. if you get what I am saying. Sofia Samodurova's performance I dont buy, I think she needs to have more expression and zip to music like shes skating to. She did have the jumps etc to keep her score up but I wasnt thrilled with the over all performance she gave. I found it very flat. I really liked Alexia Paganini's whole competition. I think her music choices were very appropriate for her skating style. She really needs to work on her speed in the FS especially mid through to the end. I think that took away a bit too much from her program. I think if she was a stronger overall skater she would of had a medal here tonight by more than a few points. She has a very light feel to her skating.

As far as Gracie Gold goes, I really congratulate her on attempting to come back. That took alot of bravery to step in front of everyone in the world.. especially Russia in a sold out building. She may not of had a memorable skate but this was so much more than that. I can't wait to see her when shes even 70% of what she is coming back to.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
i have one (almost) near my home...and i got the feeling we're going to need as many sacrifices as we can this season :biggrin: (finding so many virgins could be an actual problem though :laugh:)

I have a really good joke about not being able to find 3 wise men and a virgin but I dont think I can tell it here! ;) I will see if I can round some up...meanwhile, Mt St Helens isnt full of virgins yet...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So all in all..here is what I thought. Zagitova's rendition of Carmen for me personally is.... under whelming. I feel its improved over the course of the year but its still not what I want to see when I see a skate to that music. I have to compare that skate to greats like Tessa and Scott, Debbie Thomas, Katerina Witt, Etc.. I dont think shes a large enough skater to fill that music.. if you get what I am saying. Sofia Samodurova's performance I dont buy, I think she needs to have more expression and zip to music like shes skating to. She did have the jumps etc to keep her score up but I wasnt thrilled with the over all performance she gave. I found it very flat. I really liked Alexia Paganini's whole competition. I think her music choices were very appropriate for her skating style. She really needs to work on her speed in the FS especially mid through to the end. I think that took away a bit too much from her program. I think if she was a stronger overall skater she would of had a medal here tonight by more than a few points. She has a very light feel to her skating.

As far as Gracie Gold goes, I really congratulate her on attempting to come back. That took alot of bravery to step in front of everyone in the world.. especially Russia in a sold out building. She may not of had a memorable skate but this was so much more than that. I can't wait to see her when shes even 70% of what she is coming back to.
Totallly agree about the Carmen commentsother than including Debi Thomas who really never used the music but had it is abackgroundfor her athleticism. Tessa Virtue, Krylova, Bestmianova,Navka and Witt those were Carmen's to remember.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Totallly agree about the Carmen commentsother than including Debi Thomas who really never used the music but had it is abackgroundfor her athleticism. Tessa Virtue, Krylova, Bestmianova,Navka and Witt those were Carmen's to remember.

Hmm, I agree about the others, but I barely remember Navka's and they won Olympic gold with it.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hmm, I agree about the others, but I barely remember Navka's and they won Olympic gold with it.

LOL! Forget the racy pics and politics surrounding her life...back in the day, there was NO forgetting Tatiana Navka! I would have watched her reading a phone book. :love: And she skated well, too!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I have a really good joke about not being able to find 3 wise men and a virgin but I dont think I can tell it here! ;) I will see if I can round some up...meanwhile, Mt St Helens isnt full of virgins yet...

now i want to know it :biggrin: