2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Free Skate | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Free Skate

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Tech panel can't know at all what score will be in the end.
Well...yeah, they can. The final score is only given after the performance is over, and they'd have a rough guide to what sort of PCS Sofia would get based on her previous outings.

Also, why call very solid 3T when there were more questionable jumps? It looks to me as there were some UR quota for her assigned even before her skate since she is new and just from juniors - so she shouln't got too much points passing over more "deserved" skaters. And they labeled the very first jumping pass as under - to be done with it quickly. Well, maybe it's conspiracy theory - but it looks to me like that. If not - what other reason there can be? Not calling UR can be just unprofessionalism but calling clean jump as UR hardly can be anything other than deliberate. I mean - each call they should discuss and review with at least three pairs of eyes before making final decision, isn't it? It's should be impossible to make mistake there.
Or perhaps they simply disagree with you whether the jump was clean.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
perhaps they simply disagree with you whether the jump was clean.

Yeah I don’t get why this is hard to understand? This is their job they might get it wrong sometimes but they are the experts.

If there is gonna be any judge weirdness it’ll be in the GOE or components scores because that’s subjective.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
random toughts:

Mako YAMASHITA: Puccini is a vengefull ghost too

Eunsoo LIM: she slew it! i loved the performance, probably my favourite. congratulations on her well deserved medal!

Sofia SAMODUROVA: was she trying to channel her inner liza?

Country
Norway
GPF thoughts:
Alina, Satoko and Liza are in, which leaves 3 spots.

We have Kaori (411,32) and Sofia (396,71) with 24 points.

Rika is in if she is 1-4th.
Konstantinova (197.57) is in if she is 1st or 2nd, and if she is 3rd, it will depend on tiebreaker.
Medvedeva (197.91) is in if she is 1st, if she is 2nd, it will depend on tiebreaker.

If Rika (30) is 1st and Stasya 2nd (26), we have Rika, Stasya, Kaori in GPF
If Rika is 1st and Zhenya 2nd (24), we have Rika in GPF, and then two of Kaori, Zhenya, Sofia (and maybe Stasya if she is 3rd). Basically, Kaori is in, and then Zhenya needs 199+ to get in.

If Rika is 2nd (28) and Zhenya is 1st, GPF will be Rika, Zhenya, Kaori (Stasya unlikely to score 214 to beat Kaori on tiebreakers)
If Rika is 2nd and Stasya (28) is 1st, then GPF is Rika, Stasya, Kaori.
If Rika is 2nd and Zhenya and Stasya 3rd or worse, GPF is Rika, Kaori and Sofia (or best between Sofia and Stasya if Stasya is 3rd).

If Rika is 3rd or 4th... She is still in.
If Zhenya wins, she is in, then last spot is either Stasya (with a silver) or Kaori.
If Stasya is 1st she is in, then last spot is between Kaori and Zhenya (if she is 2nd)
If Stasya is second and Zhenya not 1st, then Stasya and Kaori
If Zhenya is 2nd and Stasya is not 1st, then its Kaori and best between Zhenya ans Sofia.

TL;DR
Rika is in unless she doesnt skate
Zhenya is in if she scores 200 something

I´m really hoping for both Medvedeva and Rika to be in. Although I enjoyed Sofia very much tonight it will be a sad event withouth Medvedeva. Also hoping for Kaori. Actually havn´t seen Konstantinova since last last season, but she didn´t really impress me then. Although, I will have a look at her programs this year :) Maybe she can prove me wrong.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
LOL. First of all, Sofia needed 146 to be ahead of Kaori. She got 130 with the ur call, that means 133/4 with no calls. Still very far away.

Second, do you really think the tech pannel is thinking about Kaori when they are calling jumps? LMAO

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Country
Norway
Gracie has posted on twitter the reason why she WD from FS. Because of mental health and not losing her confidence going into nationals. I wish her all good luck, hope she will go really strong out from this <3

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I loved Alina's Don Quijote program so much, but this Carmen doesn't work for me. Her gestures are so rushed and she doesn't own the character. Perhaps she needed to be a little bit more mature before skating to this music. The short is much more suited to her.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I see Gracie WD. Can go back to sleep now, will watch later.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I'm totally team Sofia. She has impressed me so much during this GP series.

What i like about her is that she was never considered a top contender but she kept fighting every single competition and that paid off in the long term: i remember 2-3 years ago even in the Mishin group the buzz was for Nugumanova or Lozko, the Eteri girls, Alisa Fedichkina, Serafima, most of these skaters lost their consistency.

JGP Zagreb was the competition that really flipped the script for her, cause she won against all odds, beating Tarakanova and Yamashita.

Even this season i don't know how many people thought she was going to be there with a chance to qualify for GPF.

moriel

Record Breaker
I´m really hoping for both Medvedeva and Rika to be in. Although I enjoyed Sofia very much tonight it will be a sad event withouth Medvedeva. Also hoping for Kaori. Actually havn´t seen Konstantinova since last last season, but she didn´t really impress me then. Although, I will have a look at her programs this year :) Maybe she can prove me wrong.

Rika is in barred a major disaster. She can be 4th and still in.
Kaori is very likely in since she has a very nice total score which would win most tiebreakers.
Zhenya is pretty likely too, since she can totally outscore Sofia.

melgirl25

Medalist
What I find amusing is I saw that movie Burlesque a while ago and sort of liked it. It was a terrible movie but I enjoy those song and dance movies haha! Anyway, when I heard Sofia skating to it, I couldn't believe it.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Why does Zagitova looks so upset?

If you read her interviews you'll understand that she's upset when she doesn't perform as well as she can, regardless of score or placement. She seems to have a perfection or nothing approach, a mentality developed probably from the hate she received from the public, media, and figures like TAT when she messed up at worlds and at test skates. The comments that she was "over" or "one time wonder fluke winner of the olympics" and that she didn't deserve her Olympic win. That coupled with the Russian team athletes also vocalizing that they were rooting for someone else, can have that affect on a teenage mind.

Also, I'm sure everyone is happy to know she got all her URs called. Sometimes they're missed, as they are with other skaters.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I sooo want to see Gracie's program to "She used to be mine". Perfect music for her current situation, honestly. Also, I LOVE Waitress.

I think we all wanted to see Gracie's programs and see her skate well. Now that she has withdrawn, and it is all hindsight, I don't think a lot of us are really surprised. As soon as we saw her skate in the sp thewriting was on the wall but we wanted to be positive or risk being criticism. A testimony to Gracie is not only that she i trying and at Russia but her fans. Fans go beyond logic or talent - people love Gracie no matter what - thankfully Had this been another skater with less popularity or a weaker federation she would be dumped like yesterday's pizza. I stillthink she gets to go to Nats. I am already hearing it that this was the way to get her to Nats because she probably wouldn't have made it going throug regioanls and sectionals. Regardless, it is just horrible to see person, a human being, go through this and publicly. I suppose she wanted to come back and I hope it is for herself. But because we are suppose to be proper, say the Miss America comments (we at least most) we can't say the brutal truth (though some have and of course get beaten up often). Gracie is worthy because she is Gracie not because she is a skater. I really want her to succeed in life not necessarily by medals. Of course I don't know what happened - injury, not ready, mental break down, physically not in shape but I did say She used to be mine is a great song for her if it is a triumphant return but if it is skated like the sp - it actually is a sad and tragic song for Gracie. I don't know why, not sure if Gracie skated to it, but blonde and pretty Gracie skating in an ice blue dress comes up in my dreams skating to Let it Go. Did she skate to this for an exhibition? For some reason that picture oddly keeps coming to mind. I hope Gracie can do whatever gives her closure/satisfaction. It still possible she will have her Cinderalla moment - unlike most people she has a lot of support - financially and emotionally. But no matter what I hope Gracie knows she is a talented skater and a better person.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well, I'm here, after another night of horrible dreams of Keegan bombing, which turned out to be true. I might just ... have to never buy GPF tickets again. It's really doing a number on my ability to enjoy the grand prix, when I'm so hung up on my faves making the final so I can see them live. I can only handle watching ladies here because I'm not too invested in the results here.

Good job from Eunsoo. She's so determined.

There will still be good skating maybe no Canadian in the senior events = is that a first? Can Gilles and Porier still qualify? Try to just enjoy the beautiful skating forget about favorites.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
:palmf: (so this is what you would call a ‘proper’ comment??)

Sorry, but read these posts and well kind of like judging skating sometimes things are called and sometimes not. Let's just hope Gracie takes the grace given to her and uses it well with hwatever decision she decides

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Alina's jumps don't feel as secure as they did before and I can't say I buy her Carmen, but this should lead, as expected.

True. Her body has changed and the innocense of youth is no longer hers. She knows the expectations and has a taste of victory. As for her interpretation of Carmen well I agree but itis far better than Mirai's I think it is hard for a 16 year old to be Carmen. Carmen in the opera seems more mature, worldly and experienced. Not someone who would still gigglle at a cookie with a happy face or Hello Kitty. Very few have been able to get the true Carmen or a strong Carmen. Witt and several ice dancers from Bestmianova to Krylova to Oksianikov ( I think Usova would have been great too) gave wonderful interpretations. . Daleman (bad music cuts)wasn't horrible but then you had Debi Thomas who just used the music for "power"

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I've finally watched darling squirtle, and oh my god not only she was 100% clean (minus one dinged flip), that was the best performance of the free I've seen from her. She was flirty, sassy, lovely, and overall a wonder and a delight to watch. Oh darling I'm so, so proud of you, that is what you can do, and you know you can do even better. You just have to be collected, focused, and just not freezed up by nerves. I've just cracked open a beer, I don't care it's 3:43 here I'm gonna celebrate :love: :hap57:

My wife and I were sweating this one out but she got the podium! How cool was that? :biggrin: Throwing the virgin into the volcano worked! :agree:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My wife and I were sweating this one out but she got the podium! How cool was that? :biggrin: Throwing the virgin into the volcano worked! :agree:

I can get more virgins, where do I get a volcano? :laugh: