2018 Skate America Pairs Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Pairs Short Program

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I feel like T/M are inching towards the ideal soul/personality program. It was a big ole swing and a miss last year, and this one isn't quite perfect for them either. But it's an improvement. IDK what the ideal "fun" program for them will end up looking like, but we're getting closer. I admire that they don't just stick to the elegant classical style that's their forte, but are trying to expand their horizons. They just haven't quite hit the perfect formula yet.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not to go off topic, but I gotta say, I enjoyed this!

Even when I lived at home, I was really the only one who got into skating, so I was used to not having anyone to talk to during competitions.

It's fun to be here and chat like this with other fans!

now, let's see what the guys do!!!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pretty underwhelming start to SA.

Anyone know why Alijona was not with the Knierims?

The Say Something German pair was a nice surprise. Good for them!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Watching live I feel like Cain and Leduc’s scores were lower than they should have been. I’ll be curious to see protocols and PCS.

And Tarasova flies- it’s really spectacular in person.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I don’t usually watch senior pairs so this was interesting! [also my computer crashed in the middle of the last pair of group 1 and didn’t start up again until the first of group 2 🤦🏼*♀️]
Apart from the two Russians, I’ve discovered another pair who I rlly like - Digerness / Neudecker [emoji4] even though they are currently in 7th place after the SP I really like their skating and Nica is so cute[emoji75][emoji75] I like discovering underdogs lol

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I feel like T/M are inching towards the ideal soul/personality program. It was a big ole swing and a miss last year, and this one isn't quite perfect for them either. But it's an improvement. IDK what the ideal "fun" program for them will end up looking like, but we're getting closer. I admire that they don't just stick to the elegant classical style that's their forte, but are trying to expand their horizons. They just haven't quite hit the perfect formula yet.

This times a million!

You just know if they only did warhorse classical music people would diss them for that.

Go T/M, I believe in you! :biggrin:

Joubabe

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thank you for the link, auser! I paid for NBC Sports Gold but couldn’t get it to work. I was able to push your live stream to my TV and watch the whole event.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Not to go off topic, but I gotta say, I enjoyed this!

Even when I lived at home, I was really the only one who got into skating, so I was used to not having anyone to talk to during competitions.

It's fun to be here and chat like this with other fans!

now, let's see what the guys do!!!

That’s the same with me [although I am 16yo] but I managed to get one of my friends into watching figure skating and I’m making her watch Skate America with me tomorrow and Sunday [emoji23]

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Heck, I can hear my own friends saying "You really enjoy this?!" :rofl: Yes!!! It takes guts to be a pairs skater. Such a tough discipline. Let's hear it for the pairs! :clap:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't recall, do we have any GS people at the event? They should have a sign or something so we can find them. LOL

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
LOL I've MISSED you.

Doesn't that give me some leeway on the stream? Huh? Huh?

[Blowing kisses at my VPN]

*violently pushes pins into the voodoo doll I made of your VPN*

:ddevil:

I have no substance to add to this thread, I missed everything but T/M in the kiss and cry. Off to men’s I go.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think that Minerva/Nolan showed today that sticking to what you know and to make it as solid as you can pays off, putting it in some perspective to Knierims - it was pretty cheesy and bland program, but very well executed and performed on their behalf, I like the feel of solidity and confidence in what they have showing from the performance, in opposite to Alexa and Chris. The biggest problem I had with them today was not even a fluke fall or botched sbs - the worrying thing is the lack of confidence in what they are doing for me, everything is just very cautious; I understand though that this is a new chapter from them with all the changes and it has to take some time to sharpen things. At this point, the program definitely looks better that skaters performing it...And Germans are on medal position they have chance to keep - a nice surprise, but I think deserved.

A solid one from Efimova/Korovin, they need more spark as a pair and polish around elements, but I like them in this program. Shame about that sbs from Ashley and Tim, definitely my favourite SP of the event, actually sourcing from their best qualities and feeling unforced, with enjoyment on their part.

To be honest, for me Evgenia and Vladimir could do this choreo to any other song, very little connection to the piece and more going through the motions and music than focusing on performing to the song. Yes, Vladimir seemed more 'into' the moment this time, the elements were okay for the most part, costumes were MUCH better that Finlandia, but for me there is still lacklustre feeling about the whole thing. The song is very characterial, with energy and power that actually overpowers their skating and performance capabilities in my opinion; listening to it and seeing the choreo, skate to it, it just begs for more energy, sass, expression, playfulness.