2018 Skate America TV and Live stream | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America TV and Live stream

moriel

Record Breaker
I'm torn. Eurosport is doing its best to blackmail people into buying the Player, but both of my computers are old (the one I'm using now refuses even twitter videos), my internet connection is stone-age, and I don't have a smartphone at the moment... buying a service that I'm not sure I'll be able to watch may be a waste of money. What other ways are there, for us in Europe who are likely to get geoblocked by the ISU stream? (well, ISU, if you're wondering why FS viewership is not stellar, this might be one of the reasons why) Are there usually any other streams? If not, I'm stuck with youtube videos.

russian youtube livestreams, my guess.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC Sports Gold Schedule

Very strange airtimes...

Friday 7:30PM PDT - Pairs Short
Friday 8:55PM PDT - Men's Short (Fixed, thx Carolla5501)
Saturday 1:20PM PDT - Pairs Free
Saturday 3:00PM PDT - Mens Free
Saturday 7:15PM PDT - Ladies Short
Saturday 9:00PM PDT - Rhythm Dance
Sunday 11:10AM PDT - Free Dance
Sunday 1:00PM PDT - Ladies Free

Just my own little rant, but I'm so pissed that my family members who love football can have multiple games on regular TV for free and can watch whenever, but I have to buy a gold membership to the network to stream online to see the event live.

:disagree:

Anyway, it will be the first time I'm streaming live online, I just signed up for the account, I hope it works!

katymay

Medalist
I'm torn. Eurosport is doing its best to blackmail people into buying the Player, but both of my computers are old (the one I'm using now refuses even twitter videos), my internet connection is stone-age, and I don't have a smartphone at the moment... buying a service that I'm not sure I'll be able to watch may be a waste of money. What other ways are there, for us in Europe who are likely to get geoblocked by the ISU stream? (well, ISU, if you're wondering why FS viewership is not stellar, this might be one of the reasons why) Are there usually any other streams? If not, I'm stuck with youtube videos.

There are a number of Russian streams that rabbit the broadcast-AlexySnow and FanpageZagitova (on you tube). Also: follow SYWTWFS on twitter as she often posts streams. The other thing is to use Opera browser which includes a free VPN, just change the VPN location at the top to the country or region you wish.

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
FYI - it looks like the NBC Sports app will be streaming the NBC broadcasts on Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning and afternoon. I’ll probably be away from my cable so I’ll be streaming the NBC broadcasts but I will be relying on you all for the Friday night short programs. Thanks to everyone who live comments and especially to those who upload videos!

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
As far as I know it is streamed on Eurovision for free? I got the app, it says Skate America streaming, and there’s been no mention of payment or geoblocking so far. Almost seems too good to be true. Someone tell me if I’m wrong cause I need to get live-streaming sorted lol. If so, I need free non geo blocked options as I’m 16yo and live in New Zealand [emoji28]

auser

Record Breaker
Thank you so muchkatymay for the streaming info hints :thank:. Some caution might be advised regarding Opera browser related to reports of their data collection:).

katymay

Medalist
Thank you so muchkatymay for the streaming info hints :thank:. Some caution might be advised regarding Opera browser related to reports of their data collection:).

Opera browser was sold to the Chinese some years ago, so I can pretty much guarantee some amount of data collection. LOL. Generally I run peer guardian as well, to guard against hacking attempts. (And I have one specific laptop that I use for things like 'finding streams' which contains no sensitive info.) Judging by the conversation on the Russian Stage this morning (youtube) there will be a Russian provided you tube stream, it is helpful to 'subscribe' to the usual suspects-Fanpage Zagitova and Alexey Snow.
During Olympic years, I pay for Tunnel Bear (about 40 per year I think), as I don't want to be stuck with awful US coverage when I can watch CBC. Tunnel Bear is zippy and secure.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
As far as I know it is streamed on Eurovision for free? I got the app, it says Skate America streaming, and there’s been no mention of payment or geoblocking so far. Almost seems too good to be true. Someone tell me if I’m wrong cause I need to get live-streaming sorted lol. If so, I need free non geo blocked options as I’m 16yo and live in New Zealand [emoji28]

So I'd never heard of Eurovision but I just checked out their website and it definitely implies it is going to be streamed right there (for free I guess)....but sometimes you don't find out something is geo-blocked until you actually go to watch so I guess be aware of that in case! They have archived videos of junior worlds last year on the site, maybe try to see whether that is geo-blocked? Of course, it might be different with SA as it is live....hope it works for you!

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
The eurovision stream is ISUs own stream (without commentators) it is basicaly the raw video that they then sell to other providers. It is only available in regions where the rights to show it hasnt been bought. Junior worlds was available world wide since nobody bought the rights to brodcast it. The GP series however is bought by at least eurosport for Europe and NBC for USA. I sometimes watch that stream with a VPN that lets me pretend I live somewhere in africa or south america where nobody cares about figureskating and the eurovision stream is therefore available. If as your flag indicates you live in GrBr you will not be able to watch the eurovision stream without a VPN.

For the other person who mentioned eurovision I think it will work for free from New Zeeland

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
The eurovision stream is ISUs own stream (without commentators) it is basicaly the raw video that they then sell to other providers. It is only available in regions where the rights to show it hasnt been bought. Junior worlds was available world wide since nobody bought the rights to brodcast it. The GP series however is bought by at least eurosport for Europe and NBC for USA. I sometimes watch that stream with a VPN that lets me pretend I live somewhere in africa or south america where nobody cares about figureskating and the eurovision stream is therefore available. If as your flag indicates you live in GrBr you will not be able to watch the eurovision stream without a VPN.

For the other person who mentioned eurovision I think it will work for free from New Zeeland

Ah interesting - thanks!

I didn't realise that. I will be watching on Eurosport so am fine - I was just looking it up as I had never heard of it :)

Xena45

Rinkside
It looks like they are showing all of the event in full next week on the Olympic Channel, I think.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Actually I saw on the CBC page that PJ Kwong is going to be doing commentary on the livestreams? We'll find out if that really happens. I'd be sad to lose the blissful commentary free CBC stream, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
So I'd never heard of Eurovision but I just checked out their website and it definitely implies it is going to be streamed right there (for free I guess)....but sometimes you don't find out something is geo-blocked until you actually go to watch so I guess be aware of that in case! They have archived videos of junior worlds last year on the site, maybe try to see whether that is geo-blocked? Of course, it might be different with SA as it is live....hope it works for you!

Yeah, idk. I’ll try tonight [emoji848]

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand

Yeah that was me lol I’m like the only person who cares about figure skating so much in my country so it should work [emoji23]

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Also does Eurosport cost money?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Actually I saw on the CBC page that PJ Kwong is going to be doing commentary on the livestreams? We'll find out if that really happens. I'd be sad to lose the blissful commentary free CBC stream, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

:hslap: If it has to be anyone why couldn't it be Ted Barton? I hope she doesn't natter during the performances.