2018 Skate Canada Free Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Free Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
In the nicest Canadian way possible Tracy just said she didn't care for Wang/Liu's music.

Holy Headband

On the Ice
Ok Rod you don't have to say the Chinese ice dancers are "manufactured" to skate for the Beijing Olympics :disapp:

Not that it's ever appropriate/warranted to use racist tropes like this, but Wang/Liu in particular have so much personality that you have to be pretty dedicated to stereotyping them to bust out that one.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Ok Rod you don't have to say the Chinese ice dancers are "manufactured" to skate for the Beijing Olympics :disapp:

Rude. Shoving an established singles skater like Li Xiangning into a pair feels like manufacturing a team, but Wang and Liu definitely don't fit that bill. They seem to really love what they do.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
So much R&J I’m starting to think about Leo’s podium prospects.

freeman21

On the Ice
Why was there a -1 for Wang/Liu? Honest question; I'm totally clueless regarding Dance scoring

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I had a discussion with my English teacher the year we had to watch Baz’s R&J — we were both Baz fans and we had a laugh over how Claire Danes knew what was up and Leo... was saying a lot of words he didn’t understand. Which sums up my feelings on H/D, actually.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
With all respect to technical quality in execution, this program and performance felt flat and uninspired comparing to Gilles/Poirier... For me it is just not the same level of depth, nuance, detail in interpretation, expression.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I had a discussion with my English teacher the year we had to watch Baz’s R&J — we were both Baz fans and we had a laugh over how Claire Danes knew what was up and Leo... was saying a lot of words he didn’t understand. Which sums up my feelings on H/D, actually.

This is so accurate it hurts.