2018 Skate Canada Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Free Dance

GGFan

Record Breaker
Great music selection and lifts from the French team. I'm glad they went the entertaining route because they do not have the skating skills of the top teams.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Great, Uptown Funk, I didn’t hear that song enough in 2014.

This is the first time I’ve heard it. Swear to God.

Then again, I had the flu for the first three months of 2014 and generally don’t remember that year, so maybe autoimmune has perks.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
All I could think during the "Uptown Funk" sequence was, "I wonder how Chock and Bates are doing?"

And Piper and Paul made me cry again. I'd say that I can't believe they got me twice but that program is so beautiful that I can't help but get emotional.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm living for the fact that these two have about twice the height difference that the Chinese pairs have.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I wish Doris or Weakankles or Mrs. P were here to explain why almost everyone is getting level 1s and 2s for the one foot steps.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
All I could think during the "Uptown Funk" sequence was, "I wonder how Chock and Bates are doing?"

And Piper and Paul made me cry again. I'd say that I can't believe they got me twice but that program is so beautiful that I can't help but get emotional.

I think that the power of that FD is that it sculpts music and character into emotion, feelings, inspiration, like making this sculpture, piece of art that is here to be alive instead of just static to be seen. They took inspiration, infused it within themselves, their story/stories and now inspire others. It is a gift keeping giving back, a quiet masterpiece that challenges to think than just look at it.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I always enjoy Wang/Liu, and I feel like they improve every year. Really impressed by their performance quality here.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ok Rod you don't have to say the Chinese ice dancers are "manufactured" to skate for the Beijing Olympics :disapp:

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Wang and Liu continue to be a sentimental favorite of mine. There's just something so charming about them. Really looking forward to an upward trajectory for them.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I always enjoy Wang/Liu, and I feel like they improve every year. Really impressed by their performance quality here.

+1 to this, and co-signed. I really enjoy them.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
W/L! A few glitches tonight including some low step sequence levels, shaky dismount on curved lift from what I saw. However, I do like the touches they have added, more angst, and better overall projection. A work in progress and a program that has potential to improve throughout the season :).

firal

Record Breaker
crowd is strangely quite during the Chinese pair's dance...

I have a soft spot for Asian dance teams