2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
House hippos are this season’s bagged milk! We’re peaking too early, guys! :rofl:

Nah nothing will ever top bagged milk...my mind still boggles over putting liquid in a bag!

Marie-Jade's hair is super stylin'!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
A bit smiley for a tango, but they’re going into first with that and deservedly so.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
L2 and L3 on the pattern.

I'm calling that a "win" at this point. LOL

Lots to improve on with this program. But I'm liking where it's going.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Marie-France being her usual expressive self at the boards while watching H/D. She really could give Morozov a run for his money in the excited coach department.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I haven’t seen Madi and Zach’s SD yet. Will I be requiring the usual shower afterwards?

For me, it is actually too hard-hitting on the face with little detail and variety in expression on the body. Quite lukewarm and bland for a Tango overall. And their pattern with step sequence looked less sharp today.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I don't know, I need sleep and therefore am cranky, but while H/D was very strong I didn't feel anything much.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I do not love that H/D RD. I love their edges and power but something just is not connecting for me. I thought they would have more tango energy. I also didn't really love their step sequence. However, I could still see that their overall skating should put them into first

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
Music: Tango: "Alevare" by Astor Piazzolla; Tango: "Tangata del Alba" by Astor Piazzolla
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, G. Cournoyer
Costumes: Red dress with illusion cut out for her and beaded applique down one shulder/back (BEETER); white Henley working man shirt with black pants and black suspenders for him

Required Elements:

Very sharp tango steps. Yes it's sexy but finally I don't feel like it's ONLY about sex.

Twizzles Level 4 for both with huge GOE of 2.59. They were first rate. Putting them up front has really helped them.
TR Pattern - Level 2 mixed KPs with 2.57 g for part 1; level 3 with 2.41 and mostly Y for part 2. I'll get back to this.
Midline Step Seq - Level 2 with HUGE GOE of 3.59 . The steps were a bit sloppy.
Curve Lift -very low with a very deep curve. Level 4 with 1.44g

Each time out they've gotten a career best with this so far. Not quite as good as last week for me, the step sequence felt a bit off, a bit sludgy. Yes, it's the usual sexy sexy sexy, but this finally felt like more than that. Really, kudos to them both. THIS is the H/D I fell in love with back when they were doing their Queen FD.

The dress is a HUGE improvement. But I still think WePo were so much more EMOTIONALLY ENGAGING than this.

Score: 80.49 The SB trend continues. They are being Duly Annointed.