2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Rhythm Dance

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That’s right. The grey area. Not the gray area.

If you're me and first learn English from a Canadian then read a whole lot of British books (thanks Rowling and Tolkien) in a country where US English is the standard, you get red lines whatever dictionary you use.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So many faves in this group! I wish G/P will beat H/D, but idk how likely that is. Go Carolane and Shane, Go Wang/Liu, WOW Marie-Jade's whole package is stunning.

Remember when Piper and Zach were a team? :eeking: It was back in the Stone Age, long before my hair went grey...

Oh my god, I am single handedly destroying this thread. :palmf:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think that Vikita were a tad too nervous, they got messy at places, but still got the dance character well, their sharp movement, extensions matched music very well. And they had that vivid expression going on, expressive body, not only faces. Still levels issue though...

Very strong RD from Spaniards, in character and having that flavour in movement, sophistication aura and expressive throughout.

Ziotic

Medalist
Are house hippos related to Hungry Hippos?

Also I got called away and missed the warm up, I did see a few epic dresses though.

House hippos are from an add in Canada that basically wanted you to question media. Like hey, this looks really...real, but you know tiny hippos can’t exist and be house pets.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
House hippos are from an add in Canada that basically wanted you to question media. Like hey, this looks really...real, but you know tiny hippos can’t exist and be house pets.

Yeah. And every child in Canada desperately believed that they were real, and wanted one. And left out peanut butter sandwich crumbs for them.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shame about the fall, but that was not going well.

They got hammered on the Key Points. A Basic and a L1, if I read the tech box correctly.

auser

Record Breaker
Oh, too bad about that little fall. They looked like they were skating so closely during their early twizzles, I was holding my breath for a minute. :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Oooo so how to spot the real 'fake news'!

We never heard about house hippos, we had mini-elephants :laugh:

However there are such things as teacup pigs, very teeny.

My stream keeps stopping...not sure if that's because both my father and I are doing internet things at the same time.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS
Music: "Tango: "Felino" by Electrotutango; Tango - Hip Hop: "Tango" by Electrotutango
Choreography by:Marie-France Dubreuil
Costumes: Black halter top with skirt for her, basic black for him with red stripe down each arm and side

Require Elements:

The opening steps and music tell you this is decidedly NOT your parents' tango. And right into
Twizzles 1.97g Level 3 for her 4 for him and almost immediately into the
TR Pattern until the big curve in part 1 it's a bit small. I missed looking at the box because I was trying to see why the pattern started out so small. Hmmm.
SL Lift 4, .94 g Nice flow to that
ML St Seq -she caught his skate and down they went. Ouch. They got it together for the one foot half. -2.90 g and only a level 1. VERY costly.

Rough outing for them. I appreciate that they're trying to think out of the box, but is the world really ready for a hip hop tango?

Score: 57.10 Ouch. BIG Ouch.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
*cries* Awww, pooey about the fall. :(

They are so expressive, I’m loving them more and more, regardless of the mistakes in this particular skate.