2018 US Int'l Classic Ladies Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 US Int'l Classic Ladies Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Miyahara Satoko is a great skater, but HOW IN THE WORLD DID SHE GET ZERO URS?!!!!!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Judges Scores Clarifications/Remarks

- Miyahara didn't receive a single <, surprising.
- Lim received a 3T<< on her combo, and a 2Lo< on another combo.
- Leung has a 3Lz< and a 3S< on her Euler combo.
- Shiraiwa was dinged 6 times! 3Lz<+3T< opening jump, 3F<, second 3Lz<+3T<, and 3S<+2T. Oh my...
- Kim was dinged on the opening 3Lz+3T< and 3F<
- Hicks received a 2A+1Eu<+3S<.
- Daleman had a 3Lz+2T<<, 3Lo<, and a 3S+2T+2Lo<.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Poor Gabby. :( When she is on she is spectacular. Maybe this was just getting the crappy outing out of the way.

Gabby hasn't been spectacular for quite a while. Lately she's gotten into the habit of powering all her jumps, whether they need it or not. She gets out of balance and then her body checks the jump and oops--a pop. She's even been missing her signature 3t+3t.

lusk8

Record Breaker
Satoko has such amazing footwork, spins, I bet those saved the day for her. I really like the music cut on her tango FS.

She bandaged her wrist at the kiss & cry, I hope she didn’t get hurt.

Happy for Korea!!! Double podium.

Sad for Gabby.

katymay

Medalist
Absolutely. Baffling.

I think the judges were..ahem...a bit generous with Satoko's jumps. The protocols were a bit suspect I think as to a number of the skaters, either too high or too low, especially seeing a bit of manipulation by one judge on PCS.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Gabby hasn't been spectacular for quite a while.
She had one really bad skate in the second half of last season, but she was great at nationals, great in the team event, and had a strong short program at Worlds before getting injured.

She's been looking out of sorts in the early going this season, for whatever reason.

frida80

Record Breaker
Gabby hasn't been spectacular for quite a while. Lately she's gotten into the habit of powering all her jumps, whether they need it or not. She gets out of balance and then her body checks the jump and oops--a pop. She's even been missing her signature 3t+3t.

Gabby has always been a mixed bag. But after the team event her FS haven't been on. Maybe it's the Olympic individual skate that's still haunting her.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Ok maybe I shouldn't really be that tough on Eunsoo for having that kind of skate due to altitude as an issue. But man....I think it's really just the choreography that is sucking up most of my positive thoughts towards her.
Ughhh
I just wish she skated to Cell Block Tango instead instead of this mish-mosh. There are some parts that work like the fun step-sequence part. But that's kinda it for the positives. And her dress works helluva ton better with CBT!!
:curse:

Satoko's LP looks beautiful. But I am wishing for more sharpness and engagement here. This program will evolve nicely as the season goes.

Yelim has done a great job of keeping her sanity at bay. I forgot that she just competed a week ago a thousand miles away. She and Christy got the advantage of training in Colorado. Get a good week of rest, girl! The program needs more complexity.

Gabby, ohh Gabby....
I hope Lori just expands the last 3rd of her LP to become her actual LP. The first 2 parts are nice and it shows her improvements but I think the last part just screams of her personality and her way of skating.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I love Eunsoo with all the fibers of my being and she pulled off a better skate than in the Asian Open, but I really hope that she doesn't get another program from Suzuki Akiko. Look at her SP, it's beautiful and lets her show her emotions and expressions. I was worried when they announced they were using Chicago for her free, and although that darling is working on it, her style just doesn't fit with Chicago nor the choreography.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I was hoping Gabby would take a clean slate of programs for the season. That Carmen SP just feels like heavy baggage worth cutting loose for something fresh. I'm not a big fan of Samson and Delilah but she has a lot of time to polish it up and get the triples back in there.

Satoko's first 2A3T was the only combo that looked definitively rotated to me. I'm just confused. She has managed to get more height on her jumps but now they're just high and underrotated instead of low and underrotated. It's a shame because I love everything else.

katymay

Medalist
Gabby has always been a mixed bag. But after the team event her FS haven't been on. Maybe it's the Olympic individual skate that's still haunting her.

It's a shame. She can be such an exciting little powerhouse. Huge jumps, great speed, lots of personality. I dunno what happens to her.

frida80

Record Breaker
These songs just aren’t right for Eunsoo. She’s got a more subtle flirty vibe. These songs are high energy and require a lot of over acting. I would’ve chosen All that Jazz, Cell Block Tango, Razzle Dazzle or Roxie Suite instead.

furyflame

Rinkside
Shame about Gabbys program. It hasn’t clicked with me yet but I’m sure when it does it’ll be great.

Really happy for Eunsoo! Liked her program quite a bit.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
These songs just aren’t right for Eunsoo. She’s got a more subtle flirty vibe. These songs are high energy and require a lot of over acting. I would’ve chosen All that Jazz, Cell Block Tango, Razzle Dazzle or Roxie Suite instead.

I kinda wish that Eunsoo and Young would swap their free programs, Young is an awesome Velma (her EX is to All That Jazz, I absolutely loved it) and Eunsoo would be a delightful Eliza.

Edit: Oops, wrote Velma as Thelma.

frida80

Record Breaker
I kinda wish that Eunsoo and Young would swap their free programs, Young is an awesome Thelma (her EX is to All That Jazz, I absolutely loved it) and Eunsoo would be a delightful Eliza.

You’re right. Young loves big music with personality and Eunsoo would be such an elegant Eliza.