2018 US Int'l Classic Ladies Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 US Int'l Classic Ladies Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
You’re right. Young loves big music with personality and Eunsoo would be such an elegant Eliza.

Yeah, and on top of that, Young looks her best in darker colors while Eunsoo shines in lighter colors. Young would be stunning in a black dress, and I'd just die with adoration if I saw Eunsoo in a dress like Young's.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Did someone distract the technical callers during Satoko's skate? I love her, but seriously?

rachno2

Record Breaker
Is it really that hard to give artistic skaters the PCS they deserve while also being fair with the technical marks? :ddevil:
(It's ISU, so I know the answer, but still)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just wish Satoko was skating to something OTHER THAN A TANGO!! It's the RD for both Juniors and Seniors and I am sick unto death of the tango already and the season has barely started. I may have to invest in earplugs for the rest of the year. :tantrum:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Satoko deserve her PCS, and if that program is skated clean it will be a deserved 70+.
But just, the hell? The other girls were showered with URs and downgrades but not her? So she's the one who rotated all her jumps? She's the one who rotate the best? Seriously?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Okay, Satoko deserves her PCS and spin GOEs, but how on earth did she not have a single UR called? when others got them like candy?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So.. here is a bit of a logic problem: Just because Satoko has UR before and just because everyone else got called does not mean she ur this time. It is a philosophically weak argument to prove that she ur last night.

Has anyone looked at the coverage closely in slow mo? Did she have more than a 1/4 turn?

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Eunsoo did fine, It was better than Asian Trophy for sure. Happy for Yelim getting bronze.

I like Satoko’s program, but in the best part of the music she was doing crossovers. :gaah:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Satoko deserve her PCS, and if that program is skated clean it will be a deserved 70+.
But just, the hell? The other girls were showered with URs and downgrades but not her? So she's the one who rotated all her jumps? She's the one who rotate the best? Seriously?

Agree with this 100%. Satoko’s deserves high PCS, spin GOE, etc. But you can’t tell me her jumps were cleaner than everyone else’s. In the SP every one of her triples was marked UR- some of them looked better here but there were definitely some that the tech caller gave her the generous benefit of the doubt on.

The unfortunate thing is that this isn’t fair to Satoko- because on another day, another caller might nail her with them and when it’s inconsistent it must be frustrating to get such different scores for the same performance.

I say all of this as a fan of Satoko’s skating. I am also impressed with her for choosing this music. She isn’t afraid to go outside her typical programs (although the planets is still my favorite, that program is gorgeous).

cohen-esque

Final Flight
So.. here is a bit of a logic problem: Just because Satoko has UR before and just because everyone else got called does not mean she ur this time. It is a philosophically weak argument to prove that she ur last night.

Has anyone looked at the coverage closely in slow mo? Did she have more than a 1/4 turn?
At least from me this wouldn’t be an argument to prove that she UR’d; I can already see that she did so there’s no need. (And she doesn’t need to be more than 1/4th a turn short, anymore.) It’s just pointing out the double standard of her scoring vs everyone else’s, given her total lack of tech calls despite visible errors.

Without even needing slow-mo or replay, I think you can see:
3Lz< (fall)
3Lz+REP !
2A<+3T< (the second one)

And her first 2A+3T and the 3F were sketchy, too, and look borderline on closer rewatch.

Anyways, what happened to Satoko’s 3Lz? The one in the SP and the second one in the FS deserved at least “!” and the other was barely on an outside edge.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gabby has always been a mixed bag. But after the team event her FS haven't been on. Maybe it's the Olympic individual skate that's still haunting her.

To be honest Daleman has not been the most consistent skater over her career. This is someone who still hasn't ever won a GP medal in her career yet. Makes you wonder if she's going to be one of those skaters where everything came together at the right time for her to win a world medal then never comes close ever again.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
To be honest Daleman has not been the most consistent skater over her career. This is someone who still hasn't ever won a GP medal in her career yet. Makes you wonder if she's going to be one of those skaters where everything came together at the right time for her to win a world medal then never comes close ever again.

Wow, is she the first (and only) world medalist (in the ladies' discipline, but I'd also be curious about other disciplines) to never have won any GP medal?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

Anyways, what happened to Satoko’s 3Lz? The one in the SP and the second one in the FS deserved at least “!” and the other was barely on an outside edge.
I wonder too. A ! on the flip wouldn't have been so surprising since she had not a real flip. She fixed the edge apparently since she didn't get calls last season. But it seems like by fixing the edge of the flip, the lutz edge is going more flat.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, is she the first (and only) world medalist (in the ladies' discipline, but I'd also be curious about other disciplines) to never have won any GP medal?

Denis Ten :)cry:) was in that category -- he had won both a World AND an Olympic medal with no GP medals. He ended up winning 2 GP medals after that.

As for ladies, i'm not sure.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think that the difference between Denis and Gabby is that Denis was simply not an early season skater (at least before his two last season when he was not himself anymore) while Gabby is simply very inconsistent. Denis was most of the time better, consistent, in the 2nd part of the season.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think that the difference between Denis and Gabby is that Denis was simply not an early season skater (at least before his two last season when he was not himself anymore) while Gabby is simply very inconsistent. Denis was most of the time better, consistent, in the 2nd part of the season.
I'd say Gabby fits that description too, though. Her best results are always in the second half of the year (though there are also external factors at play there sometimes, e.g., the surgery she had before the start of the 2017/18 season).

Roo87

Medalist
Gabby just always has a reason for her bad skates. She had pneumonia, she had surgery, she sprained her ankle, she got dumped.