2018 Worlds Mens Short Program | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Mens Short Program

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Vincent, that was a big balance check during your step sequence. It's not all about the jumps.

Actually like Nathan, you can see a noticeable progression in the PCS elements. He still has a long way to go, but progress is progress. I'm going to be really interested in seeing how he develops as a more complete skater in the next quad. He has the potential to do so.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Artistry needs a ton of work still but at least he tries...it's not, like, Samarin-levels of horror

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was an incredible skate from Vincent. I :luv17: the way he moves to the music, and FEELS it. :hap10::hap93:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vincent needs to keep working on his speed and skating skills but he's really rising up the ranks in the last couple months and he's probably the youngest skater here. He's answered those people who said he didn't deserve to be at the Olympics.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
I think the pendulum is swinging. I think the skating powers that be (ISU?, powerful feds?) may have decided rotations aren't something we are going to worry about as much anymore. It's been a trend all season and it's gotten worse at each competition.

Anyway, congrats to Vincent for his nice skate.

Edit: Well, at least for skaters from some countries :laugh:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I preferred the Canadian/American MEssing over Zhou but Zhou isa future champion so one can understand he is in first. But IMHO he got gifted with the tech panel. Canadians are struggling. in each event sofar one skater has failed to qualify.Icouldn't watch Nam so tragic. I agree bad coaching choices; he should have stayed with Brian Orser, the height issue, not developing stronger skating skills or muscle for the jumps and artistically not maturing. Such really a failure. I know he tried but even if he ahd made the long he would be doing a juniorish freeskate. I fear this mmay be the end of Nam as some suggested. I have rarely seen a parent with strong intervention create a champion. Tiffany Chin, is an example. Sadly one of the greatest things for aparent is to love and support and cheer and pay the bills. But if you aren't a skating coach stay out of the coaches way.