2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

risingtrot

On the Ice
How tall is Haein?

Being a "junior", for me she is definitely on a league of her own in terms of maturity and sophistication. She definitely has star material and I am looking forward to see her improve and grow in the next coming years.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
How tall is Haein?

Being a "junior", for me she is definitely on a league of her own in terms of maturity and sophistication. She definitely has star material and I am looking forward to see her improve and grow in the next coming years.

Haein's bio says 160cm, but she could grow taller.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So entries for Asian Open (the CS one, not the other Asian Open Cup or something) are out, and here's team Korea:

Men: Sejong, Younghyun, Sihyeong (plus substitute Park Gunwoo)
Ladies: Haneul, Siwon, Eunsoo (plus substitute Lee Hyunsoo)

So, Sejong's first event of the season, Younghyun's first international event as a senior, and Siwon's first international event this season (her first as a senior too IIRC). With the ladies squirtle is most likely going to be the winner (and there's a mighty good chance Haneul will also be on the podium), but with the men it's a bit tougher and Sihyeong seems to be the only one that'll challenge for a podium spot. And with IdF also going on that weekend I'll have to stock up on the caffeine :drama:

frida80

Record Breaker
So entries for Asian Open (the CS one, not the other Asian Open Cup or something) are out, and here's team Korea:

Men: Sejong, Younghyun, Sihyeong (plus substitute Park Gunwoo)
Ladies: Haneul, Siwon, Eunsoo (plus substitute Lee Hyunsoo)

So, Sejong's first event of the season, Younghyun's first international event as a senior, and Siwon's first international event this season (her first as a senior too IIRC). With the ladies squirtle is most likely going to be the winner (and there's a mighty good chance Haneul will also be on the podium), but with the men it's a bit tougher and Sihyeong seems to be the only one that'll challenge for a podium spot. And with IdF also going on that weekend I'll have to stock up on the caffeine :drama:

Eunsoo has two GP spots already! I see the federation has learned nothing about too many competitions.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Eunsoo has two GP spots already! I see the federation has learned nothing about too many competitions.

It's KSU :shrug: At least she isn't travelling across continents except for SA...

randomfan

Record Breaker
Now that Rino Matsuike has withdrawn, Yeonjeong has a really good shot at the final. As long as she places top 2, she’ll be in. And she has the 2nd highest SB among all the competitors there, so barring a meltdown she should be able to do it!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Now that Rino Matsuike has withdrawn, Yeonjeong has a really good shot at the final. As long as she places top 2, she’ll be in. And she has the 2nd highest SB among all the competitors there, so barring a meltdown she should be able to do it!

I think she has a really good shot, but that's not really accurate. Anna Frolova's SB is only 4.62 points lower than Yeonjeong's. Anna has the higher SP score, and she wasn't clean in her FS. If she's clean here, then she might beat Yeonjeong. She may not be able to afford any mistakes. It's hard to know how the judges will go, since there isn't a huge gap in scores and they haven't competed against each other yet.

randomfan

Record Breaker
I think she has a really good shot, but that's not really accurate. Anna Frolova's SB is only 4.62 points lower than Yeonjeong's. Anna has the higher SP score, and she wasn't clean in her FS. If she's clean here, then she might beat Yeonjeong. She may not be able to afford any mistakes. It's hard to know how the judges will go, since there isn't a huge gap in scores and they haven't competed against each other yet.

You're right. For some reason, I thought Yeonjeong's score was 189 and Anna's score was below 180 when I posted this, oops! :biggrin:

gotoschool

Medalist
Late but adding my praises to Haein's performance. Her movement is just lovely; only thing I'm going to nitpick is that I wish she carried more of the expressiveness she shows in the stsq throughout the skate. But of course, fabulous for 14.
One of the qualities that impressed me most about Haein's performances is the sophistication and variety in her expressiveness with her arms and the rest of her body through and between her jumps' which have beautiful symmetrical rotation and nice height and distance, while maintaining consistently very good speed and fine posture. I also like that she doesn't do extra stroking with one blade to guide the entrance to como jumps. To me, this is the essence of fine artistry.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Squirtle JUST got bronze medal at Shanghai Trophy. She was very welcomed and showed with love and stuffed animal from her supporting Chinese fans. :love::love::love:
Also her nail color and free dress decoration seems became a shade darker, me likey:biggrin::love:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Squirtle JUST got bronze medal at Shanghai Trophy. She was very welcomed and showed with love and stuffed animal from her supporting Chinese fans. :love::love::love:
Also her nail color and free dress decoration seems became a shade darker, me likey:biggrin::love:

I didn't notice her nails (was too nervous), I'll have to watch her FS again. Not without mistakes, but I was immensely proud of her for keeping it together even after mistakes for both SP and FS. And she was first in the free overall! :yay: She's growing into her role as Sabrina, hope to see her skate even better at her GPs :pray:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I didn't notice her nails (was too nervous), I'll have to watch her FS again. Not without mistakes, but I was immensely proud of her for keeping it together even after mistakes for both SP and FS. And she was first in the free overall! :yay: She's growing into her role as Sabrina, hope to see her skate even better at her GPs :pray:

I haven't watch her FS yet. just the updates from my feeds. Quite a few Chinese fans went to Shanghai to watch her to show her support. Can't wait to watch her FS video somewhere. Keep fighting Squirtle:love::love::love:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I haven't watch her FS yet. just the updates from my feeds. Quite a few Chinese fans went to Shanghai to watch her to show her support. Can't wait to watch her FS video somewhere. Keep fighting Squirtle:love::love::love:

There's a video link in her FF (posted by yours truly)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
As I got struck down with a cold (and y'all who were going to judge seemed to have already finished) I closed the poll, and here are the top finishers of the 2019-2020 Seasonal Korean Figure Skating Dress Championships:

1st - Yelim's second SP dress
2nd - Haein's FS dress
3rd - Eunsoo's SP dress

The full results can be found here with protocols ;) : Judges' Scores

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
As I got struck down with a cold (and y'all who were going to judge seemed to have already finished) I closed the poll, and here are the top finishers of the 2019-2020 Seasonal Korean Figure Skating Dress Championships:

1st - Yelim's second SP dress
2nd - Haein's FS dress
3rd - Eunsoo's SP dress

The full results can be found here with protocols ;) : Judges' Scores

I am woefully behind in all threads and require links to pictures of the dresses;). Is there a post number where I should look?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I am woefully behind in all threads and require links to pictures of the dresses;). Is there a post number where I should look?

#375, but I need to open the poll again first. Give me a sec

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
#375, but I need to open the poll again first. Give me a sec

Thank you for trying. I think maybe you have to vote in order to be able to get to the next page to see any of the pictures? Can you just tell me which event(s) Yelim's dress was at, and then I can look it up myself if the videos are still up on youtube? (I assume Haein's and Eunsoo's dresses haven't changed so any event would be fine).