2024 South Korean Figure Skating Championships | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2024 South Korean Figure Skating Championships

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The II you see is a black 1, surrounded by two blue borders.
Thanks. So funny....my wife and I stared at the logo on the telly and couldnt figure it out....what were these two verticle bars...one with a chunk missing? Then I saw the 1...and she saw it....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well I hope everyone enjoyed front row action from Korean Nationals! I know I did.
Thanks to our gracious host and guide @Ichatdelune for helping us navigate our way.
Hopefully the Korean skaters gain some recognition and new fans from this thread and @Ichatdelune some new friends along the way. Special thanks to our mods for bumping the thread up and giving others the chance to recognize these skaters. Also thanks to any YT posters whose videos made it possible for those of us in other time zones to enjoy the action!!

Final stops on the tour of Nationals are Canadian & US Nationals!
Our Canadian friends are great at sharing their skaters with the world, but unfortunately US Nationals is the stingiest in sharing their event with the rest of the world.

I set out to recognize Nationals from as many countries as I could manage to make threads for and find videos for. I feel like each country has been given a chance to shine and for us to recognize and know their skaters better going into the final majors of the year.
Well said....I shutter to think what if we should loose Ichat from this forum? Better make notes...seeing the comp of the ladies FS live was very emotional...not only some of the best skating in the world...but there are some very hungry youngins coming up that will be fun to watch...sadly, I will be returning from Central America Feb 3rd late but I am hoping I can see some of the action on the web or perhaps labgoat will provide it. :thank: y'all.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
There is a rewatch section on page one of the thread for your enjoyment
It is my hope that GS breaks out the Korean Nats next year, seniors, into sections, so that things like links to youtube, KSB, and rewatch, can be easier to find.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
FYI Day 4 is still up with all the medal ceremonies as of this writing. BTW you will have to go to post 2, starting order button, spoilers to see the last 5 skaters.

Last edited:

LazyFuzai

Laziness is my only love.
On the Ice
Are you going to add videos from free skates as well? Sorry if you already post about it,im just not looking at posts to not spoil results.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Young is going to worlds!! Big win for me personally, lol. Congrats to Jia, Haein, and Chaeyeon on their medals!!
Thank you @Ichatdelune for keeping everyone updated so well, your work is very much appreciated :cheer:
You made my day! I owe you a beer. So basically I am gonna take a WAG and say everyone else is too Young? (Pun intented)
Young, You make my day.....I have seen You in the past live and you are wonderful. Saw her and Ye-lim at SA21. Wonderful. You all remember SA 21, right? That is where Vincent punched Shoma's and Nathan's Clock! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Senior Women
1 JIA SHIN KOR 218.36
2 HAEIN LEE KOR 205.84
3 CHAEYEON KIM KOR 205.33
4 YUSEONG KIM KOR 200.73
5 YUJAE KIM KOR 198.47
6 MINSOL KWON KOR 197.03
7 YOUNG YOU KOR 195.96
8 SEOJIN YOUN KOR 185.57
9 JEONGYOUL HWANG KOR 182.09
10 HYORIN LEE KOR 178.20
11 NAYEON KO KOR 177.26
12 SEOYEONG WI KOR 175.29

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you going to add videos from free skates as well? Sorry if you already post about it,im just not looking at posts to not spoil results.
Yes - but as I was working 12 hours at the hospital - I have to sleep sometime.
SLEEP>>>>>>>>VIDEOS
Even our video posters have to sleep - individual videos were not available until 3 hours ago. Videos are now posted in rewatch.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is my hope that GS breaks out the Korean Nats next year, seniors, into sections, so that things like links to youtube, KSB, and rewatch, can be easier to find.
REWATCH is literally in post 2, it can't be that hard to find...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My dear Chris, I technically can make all seperate threads for juniors/seniors and by discipline, but that'd clutter up the 'Other National Championships' category...

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And I wrote like 400 posts :laugh2:
WOW! It was exhausting, but fun. I guess we really put this event on the map this year.
I still have a lot to rewatch from earlier events. I worked through nearly all of it.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My dear Chris, I technically can make all seperate threads for juniors/seniors and by discipline, but that'd clutter up the 'Other National Championships' category...
It's also the reason my REWATCHES are sometimes buried in the thread as the main thread is not open for sub-threads.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's also the reason my REWATCHES are sometimes buried in the thread as the main thread is not open for sub-threads.
It would all be solved if KNats were considered to be one of the 'major championships' like JNats, that way KNats would get its own thread, letting me create subthreads for practice/junior events/senior events by discipline. I'd do that if I could, but I can't in the current circumstances

Edit: @CoyoteChris would it be helpful if I posted 'start of the day' posts like @tsuyoboogie does with smaller Japanese competitions?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
REWATCH is literally in post 2, it can't be that hard to find...
Sure, and I appreciate that, but trying to switch back and forth in real time to see comps live between youtube link and VPN KBS1 link, I have to remember which posts contain which links and for which day as my old arthritic shaky hands can barely work an ergonomic keyboard..let alone a laptop keyboard. Sorry.