2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Men Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Men Free Skate

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Keegan is just so casual and fun, which is charming when he skates clean, but comes off as sloppy when he doesn’t. If that makes sense.

I agree. I think it’s his body proportions, actually. He has some of the best spins, but his legs aren’t especially long relative to the rest of his body so it isn’t always obvious. He doesn’t have the same elegant lines as some others, but his spin tech is crazy.

Kings

Rinkside
Keegan is so casual and fun, which is charming when he skates clean, but comes off as sloppy when he doesn’t. If that makes sense.

Speed and spins in a class of their own, though

Absolutely makes sense to me. This kind of skate needs solid technicals to make the playful program elements look deliberate instead of sloppy.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sarah is this in reference that you really love GP's free dance?

Yeah, I said something stupid in my usual fashion after G/P’s program in the free dance thread, and now I’m running with it until it dies and I can beat it like a dead horse. :rofl:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I agree. I think it’s his body proportions, actually. He has some of the best spins, but his legs aren’t especially long relative to the rest of his body so it isn’t always obvious. He doesn’t have the same elegant lines as some others, but his spin tech is crazy.

Oh, yeah, it was super duper noticeable at the GPF. Keegan's spins were far and away the best of the men's competition.

Ziotic

Medalist
I feel like when people re-read this thread they won’t understand the whole “14, fourteen, just 14, youngest ever” or at least will wonder why we we’re all so obsessed. 😂

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Some of those saves were incredible! At least Keegan is going to Worlds again?

lady_bee

Medalist
I really love Keegan's skating.
I can't wait to see him at the World Championships in person:luv17:.

Ziotic

Medalist
So it’s looking pretty official;

Jr worlds; Stephen and Jo
Sr worlds; Nam and Keegan
4cc; Nam, Keegan and Nic

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Gogolev donated that opening jumping pass. Assuming he doesn’t lose levels, he may end with the highest TES anyway.