2019 Russian Junior Nationals - Ladies | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2019 Russian Junior Nationals - Ladies

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I love it when Alyona lets her hair down at medal ceremonies, she does really look like Juliet

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Sing along skaters, the Nation should be proud of you!

And they sang along, even though the JuniorTV's camera position was a little awkward for the medal ceremony.

Still, full marks to JuniorTV to treat us on this feast of figure skating at its very best.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Alena Kanysheva has one boring free program. Reminds me of standard boring routines to classical pieces that were popular among Japanese skaters until quite recently.

Well, Alena Kanysheva‘s FS is one of my favorites this season. Either I have incredibly bad taste or boring is subjective. ;) For me, not everyone has to rely on flashy, wild music and weird cuts. Maybe that‘s more unique but it can quickly be overdone too. Alena is more subtle in her skating but she‘s elegant and she has a calming and mature presence despite still being very young. Some people prefer that. That being said, she still has lots of room to grow and I doubt this program will turn out to be the best of her career. She‘s only 13 after all.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Finally, A junior Russian Trío going to Worlds that can sweep the podium.

For me "can" is too much an understatement. The only thing that can prevent them from doing it is someone's big time meltdown. This is highly unlikely as both Sasha and Anna have "watered down" their quad content. I just see no one who can challenge them in junior circle.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Well, Alena Kanysheva‘s FS is one of my favorites this season. Either I have incredibly bad taste or boring is subjective. ;) For me, not everyone has to rely on flashy, wild music and weird cuts. Maybe that‘s more unique but it can quickly be overdone too. Alena is more subtle in her skating but she‘s elegant and she has a calming and mature presence despite still being very young. Some people prefer that. That being said, she still has lots of room to grow and I doubt this program will turn out to be the best of her career. She‘s only 13 after all.

Take it as boring is subjective. I like when someone tell stories, I like pashion, I like strong music. When someone is doing elements to a slow classical piece - for me it's boring.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
That‘s not... explainable. And only 3 points difference from Alena ?? I mean, I‘m happy for Sasha but this is ridiculous.

This is not a comment on Sasha at all (she’s super talented and deserves a lot rather it is a comment on the judging and the IJS), but it’s a disgrace, considering the level of difference in the components. I would put Alena almost at least a point higher on all parts of the components at the very least.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Take it as boring is subjective. I like when someone tell stories, I like pashion, I like strong music. When someone is doing elements to a slow classical piece - for me it's boring.

That‘s interesting because I thought Alena was telling a story in her FS more so than in her SP. But yes, passion and strong music probably isn‘t what she‘s showing in the FS. But that‘s okay. I like the elements shown to slow classical pieces. And we can‘t all have the same opinion. THAT would be boring. :)

This is not a comment on Sasha at all (she’s super talented and deserves a lot rather it is a comment on the judging and the IJS), but it’s a disgrace, considering the level of difference in the components. I would put Alena almost at least a point higher on all parts of the components at the very least.

Sasha is actually pretty good at performing a program which can be seen in the SP that continues to get better and better in this aspect. However, her FS, as unique as it might be, just isn‘t choreographed too well and she is too focused on doing the jumps to show some interpretation. That‘s why even though I immensely enjoy her SP, her FS just falls flat and I think it‘s a significant worse program. Alena has a more classical piece but it‘s a coherent program, well choreographed and she shows mature skating, musicality and interpretation. Her skating skills are also better. I would have had Alena higher in PCS too. Maybe not necessarily her higher than the score she got but Sasha lower. And certainly Anna above Sasha because that‘s an even bigger problem with the scoring for me here.

I‘m happy for Sasha, she‘s a cute girl and now the 3A are equal in terms of victories this season but still... the scoring today was very weird indeed.

And also, even if we don‘t talk about who should have/shouldn’t have won and just focus on the scoring itself. For me, regardless of who‘d turn out to be the winner in the end, the PCS scoring was wrong. I‘m hoping for it to be a bit more logical at Junior Worlds but we‘ll see.