2019 World Championships Free Dance | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Free Dance

oly2018

Final Flight
The protocols are very interesting. S/K overtook H/D in PCS, which was kind of expected.

C/B were the first team to drop below 9s in PCS, which is interesting. The judges went with them at their last competitions, so I am not sure what happened there.

The Canadanes are already within a point of H/B's PCS. Their rivalry will be an interesting one next season.

Overall, this was fascinating to watch, purely because so many teams are from the same camp. It makes it easy to draw comparisons between the teams and their programs. It did make me appreciate the teams from different camps a bit more though.

oly2018

Final Flight
Gabby should burn the top to this outfit. It is not flattering, being clingy and bunching around her boobs may please some guys but... She looks like she's dressed in workout clothing from a dance shop. Better costume next year, yes?

You have to bring that up with Gui. He designs most of their costumes. IDK if he worked on this one, but it is very unflattering.

reneerose

Final Flight
.....Their skating is so smooth, but I don't understand their connection between them....... The judges won't let them lose, so go crazy.
I don't feel the connection between them either. Hate to say P/C don't do anything for me.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Still, ya gotta love the Japanese audiences. They stay for the medals ceremonies and still happy clap along to filler music!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Do you mean the Kerr’s? If so yes I agree.

The Kerr's are iconic! Remember their reverse lift?! The kilts? That program with the shiny silver costumes?! We need more of that!

LadyB

Record Breaker
That's what I heard? Everyone is fearful it will lead to La La Land explosion!

Or maybe it's Broadway or something? A new dance pattern is being used I think.
I’m totally looking forward to that. Although, I’ll boycott it if there is a LaLaLand explosion. It drives me up the wall!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
On the topic of Musicals for next season's RD, I will stop watching ID for that season if two or more teams pick La La Land :dev2: Also, I will stan the team who has the guts to use Rocky Horror Picture Show no matter what :laugh:

Oh, and +5 GOE for the team that uses my favourite number from Avenue Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJvdGcb7Fs

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Shape of you was ace!!! It’ll be forever in my heart, for the memories of my magic time at Euros in Moscow!

I think I love the P/C edit of “Shape Of You” as much as I do because my man-friend-baby-daddy absolutely hates Ed Sheeran with a passion, so trolling him with it in real life will never NOT be funny. :rofl:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Currently it's still being assumed that the music options are Broadway, musicals and operetta. The pattern dance is set as at least one section of Finnstep, though, we know that much.

Seven Sisters

Medalist

Finnstep, I think. But maybe set to music from Broadway, musicals or operetta, I’m not sure. This should favor teams with a light, whimsical touch, and a sense of humor. Those who are so very serious, or so very ethereal, might have a harder time with this theme.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Finnstep, I think. But maybe set to music from Broadway, musicals or operetta, I’m not sure. This should favor teams with a light, whimsical touch, and a sense of humor. Those who are so very serious, or so very ethereal, might have a harder time with this theme.
I like the sound of that!

So, it’s 7.20 a.m. and I’m pouring myself a glass of wine, since I feel I haven’t slept in three days. See you at the Men’s! Cheers!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
The Kerr's are iconic! Remember their reverse lift?! The kilts? That program with the shiny silver costumes?! We need more of that!

If they competed now (and had better costumes, I’ll admit that!) they’d be a top five couple. We need another folk year so we can see more kilts.

Yes, stupid spell check at 3am

- - - Updated - - -

They did Linkin park too..

Yup and made it to the GPF that season. They were robbed imo.

——

I couldn’t watch but looking at this thread I’m not sure if everyone is happy or sad. I’m gonna watch later while reading. x

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Holy McMoly. Musicals are LIFE. LIFE, I tell you! Yuzudaughter and I have been to five of them in Toronto’s theatre district in the last four months.

Piper and Paul MUST skate to the Come From Away OST. I demand it. I’m currently using telepathy on Carol Lane right now. I can’t think of a better ID team to pull off a Newfie theme. Someone just HAS to do it, we’ll be in Canada after all!

Now I just need a team for the “Dear Evan Hansen” OST... hmmm... Ohh, that’s tough. Slight seque: WE just saw DEH in Toronto ten days ago, and I swear I’m STILL crying after the fact. Twas so so SO very good.

All Fosse musicals must be forbidden. Sigh. Well, maybe Chicago can get a pass... it’s always been one of my favourites.

POTO: automatic disqualification. We must finally come together and KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

Ok, I’ll stop this thread derailment and let everyone resume their regularly scheduled post-worlds bickering.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
If they competed now (and had better costumes, I’ll admit that!) they’d be a top five couple. We need another folk year so we can see more kilts.

And you KNOW Lewis Gibson would be up for wearing a kilt!! Bring on folk dance, I say!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You have to bring that up with Gui. He designs most of their costumes. IDK if he worked on this one, but it is very unflattering.

Methinks it might have something to do with creating a design for Gabi’s top that was as far away as posssible from the design of the costume that caused last year’s wardrobe malfunction.