2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 337 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Congratulations to Sambo-70 on their 50th anniversary. But it's embarrassing that such a momentous occasion and anniversary was marred by the controversy of their not inviting the reigning and defending Olympic and World Champion to their celebration. If it was the 10th anniversary or the 20th or the 30th I could see missing it but the 50th Anniversary you have to invite one of your greats. They didn't.
Some Russian Fs fans have interesting idea why they didn't invited Alina and why Zhenya had task with the Sambo flag. :wink:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
By skaters planned programme judges had and by the difference of the attempt of 3S skater actually did in the same programme. I mean, skater did not stop the rotation like in the cases of popped jumps, she just didn't rotated enough, but the intent of trying to rotate 4S was clear. I mean, why judges call a 3F as 3Lze, because if they call it as 3F that whole jump can be invalidated.
OK. I just asked to know what you had to say. But there actually is a rule, and it's called the "overrotation" rule, IIRC. If a jump has more than 0.25 rotation in it than it would have if it were landed fully backward, then it is called the << version of the higher version of that jump. That's a little handwavey from me right now, but imagine a jump landed backward, then add a quarter mark beyond that backward line. If the jump crosses that, it is overrotated, and called << for the next version. I think kolyadafan will hit you up with the rulebook for it, I currently can't.

Amei

Record Breaker
Maybe someone will post a short message chat soon and the truth will emerge. Laishev lured Alina with a nice, large flag, but she only replied "Thank you very much, but I'd rather stay with ice age." 😇

He already said they cant call everyone, from what I read my assumption is they just assumed she was busy with Ice Age, and it wasn't an intentional slight.
I feel a bit sorry for him because he was in a no win situation, it's like brakes said if she had been invited and she wasn't the 1 to hold the flag or whatever then her uber fans would be complaining about that and vice versa for Medvedeva uber fans if she was the 1 standing and watching. It's not like Zagitova hasn't been the center of attention with Sambo events previously but the 1 time they don't have her that way and this circus is being made by her uber fans and the media (who are loving the click-bait articles).

Last edited:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
But downgraded quad and a triple are the same jumps basically (in the ISU scoring system). Why would someone intentionally repeated 3 different types of triples when he/she knows it wouldn't count, - there is no any logic in that intent (taking into account that her another attempt of that same jump as a triple scored more points as a successfully done jump, and that she could attempt 3Lo or 3T, which she also cleanly done in the same programme instead of Zayaking ) :dbana:
I do agree that the Zayak rule is stupid though.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Anna Shcherbakova's 4T was the first quad publicized by Tutberidze group (in April of 2017).
Many people remember this, there is no reason to worry. However, due to Anna's injury, she was forced to miss the entire season when Sasha fought alone and was still able to do it on JWC18, marking the beginning of this whole quadruple revolution among women. And the whole next season 18-19 only Sasha landed on quads in the international competition, added there quad Lz, several different quads , quads in the second half . If not for Anna's injury, the story could have been written differently. But history does not recognize the subjunctive mood. Alas.
Add: ^^ I forgot about Lilbet! of course her 4S was amazing. But that's another story.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Two excerpts on "sports.ru" through google translate:
Two-time Russian champion Anna Shcherbakova told who she would like to see as her partner if she decided to try herself in pair skating.

“I think it would be cool if there was an opportunity to perform in a pair with some cool singles. For example, with Nathan Chen, who now, one might say, is moving the history of figure skating forward.
Wow, now I've amazing images in my head :love:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
OK. I just asked to know what you had to say. But there actually is a rule, and it's called the "overrotation" rule, IIRC. If a jump has more than 0.25 rotation in it than it would have if it were landed fully backward, then it is called the << version of the higher version of that jump. That's a little handwavey from me right now, but imagine a jump landed backward, then add a quarter mark beyond that backward line. If the jump crosses that, it is overrotated, and called << for the next version. I think kolyadafan will hit you up with the rulebook for it, I currently can't.
Yes, as the prerotation rule, the overrotation rule also exists :biggrin:

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Wow, now I've amazing images in my head :love:
I want to see Yuna and Yuzuru skating together as ice dancers. Pairs skating looks so dangerous. :(
But Shcherbakova with Nathan Chen? No. He has textbook technique, unlike her. He should skate with Alexia Paganini who has textbook technique like him and also - she is an American just like him.
And Alyona can skate with Sergei Rozanov. That is what one Russian user suggested in one Russian forum. He/she said that since Alyona is so small she and Sergei could have skated in pairs.
Anyway, again - pairs skating looks so dangerous. Ice dancing is the better option.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

lesnar001

Record Breaker
I want to see Yuna and Yuzuru skating together as ice dancers. Pairs skating looks so dangerous. :(
But Shcherbakova with Nathan Chen? No. He has textbook technique, unlike her. He should skate with Alexia Paganini who has textbook technique like him and also - she is an American just like him.
And Alyona can skate with Sergei Rozanov. That is what one Russian user suggested in one Russian forum. He/she said that since Alyona is so small she and Sergei could have skated in pairs.
Anyway, again - pairs skating looks so dangerous. Ice dancing is the better option.

Unless Aliona is planning to do a triple axel in pairs....
I think she should be paired with Sergei Dudakov.
He is the strong silent type and would always make sure to showcase her in the pairs elements.
And there would be no "distractions" from ladies swooning in the audience every time "Hot Sergei" flashed a smile or something.

My opinion. YMMV.

katymay

Medalist
I don’t think what Sasha has achieved, in terms of number of quads she learned, will ever be something „normal“ - meaning something all ladies one day will be able to repeat. Sasha was, is and will be exceptional in that, imo. But if there’s a lady I think can repeat that and land/learn just as many quads, it’s Veronika.
Yes. Veronika is going to out Sasha-Sasha.

Scott512

Record Breaker
He is the strong silent type and would always make sure to showcase her in the pairs elements.
And there would be no "distractions" from ladies swooning in the audience every time "Hot Sergei" flashed a smile or something.

My opinion. YMMV.
What on earth!

You've had more beers than I have. 😉

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight

My opinion. YMMV.
The ladies would be too distracted by Alyona's beauty to swoon excessively over Sergei Rozanov (just minimal swooning over him). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.