2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 763 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Programme for Ladies at Championship of Moscow 19th-22nd January

Younger Girls Short Programme
Tuesday 19th January 1540-2050 Moscow (= GMT +3)

Younger Girls Elements
Thursday 21st January 1415-1645 Moscow (= GMT +3)

Younger Girls Free Skate Programme
Friday 22nd January 1500-1740 Moscow (= GMT +3)

Elder Girls Short Programme
Wednesday 20th January 1605-2045 Moscow (= GMT +3)

Elder Girls Elements
Thursday 21st January 1900-2130 Moscow (= GMT +3)

Elder Girls Free Skate Programme
Friday 22nd January 1755-2055 Moscow (= GMT +3)

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Step sequences often end with a transition into something like a spin, but you sometimes see the step sequence score posted what seems to be prematurely, in the sense that the score is posted, and then the skater does some interesting step movements, which are "too late" to be counted. This is my perception, at least. What is the rule or convention for judges to identify (the beginning and in particular) the end of the step sequence?
Well, Ina Bauer (in Daria's case for example) is not a part of a step sequence. It is a transitional element, by logic. The point of StSq is to be made of steps, some hops and down on knees movements may be involved there of course, but not something which need that amount of time to be performed as Ina Bauer. So, it can be a part of a choreo sequence, or a transitional element. If Ina Bauer is preceding the required element very closely in time it can be counted both as an entry and in Transition score too. But it will be counted as a Transition for sure (when it is performed well enough). E: And it can depend on the individual perception too, thats why there are multiple judges on the panel which multiple opinions will result in an 'average perception' of it.

Last edited:

DougDorsey

On the Ice
For Russian Senior Nationals and Russian Junior Nationals (and for Russian senior and junior events, more generally), what are the birthdate cutoffs for the current season (both the lower age limit and upper age limit, in the case of juniors)? How strict is RusFed about these cutoffs, and what are some notable exceptions they've made in recent seasons?

I'm curious on the same thing for elder novices and younger novices, as well.

Thanks in advance!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Kira Minakova, 9, girl coached by Daria Panenkova, also accepted Anna's challenge (y)
Actually it was very good and super adorable. But I think we here want to see one of the Sofia's do this or one of the Nastyas or Little Liza or Alina Sasha Aliona or Zhenya. Where are they with the Anya dance challenge?
Why do they seem to be in hiding. )

Giltedge

Final Flight
Is there really no fan page for Mariia?! I have delved deep and cannot find one.

nYkiwZFQ6nQ.jpg

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
How far behind a jump (in time) need a moving element like an ina bauer or a spreadeagle be, in order not to be counted as an entrance transition, or discounted as unconnected to the jump that follows? Is this set out precisely in the judging rules or does it depend on each judge's perception? (and I suppose a similar question about the exit transition element). I hope I have asked this question clearly.
I think this is mostly down to perception of the judges. From what Ive heard from local judges here it counts if it is close enough to influence the setup for the jump. For exit transitions it seems to be either do someting on the landing leg (turn, move, choreo jump etc) or with one change of foot.
Step sequences often end with a transition into something like a spin, but you sometimes see the step sequence score posted what seems to be prematurely, in the sense that the score is posted, and then the skater does some interesting step movements, which are "too late" to be counted. This is my perception, at least. What is the rule or convention for judges to identify (the beginning and in particular) the end of the step sequence?

Well for step sequences there is a difference between the technical panel and the GOE judges. The technical pannel counts corectly performed turns and clusters of turns and when a skater has reached the required amount they call the element. The thing skaters usually fail at when they get lv2 or lv3 is their clusters. You may only attempt one cluster on each foot and for lv4 both need to be performed properly (harder than it sounds) so after the 2nd cluster the technical panel usually know what level to give.
The GOE judges on the other hand takes the entire thing into account with all the choreography etc so the would normally wait until the end of the sequence to give their score even if the TS called it halfway through.

Last edited:

siela

On the Ice
For Russian Senior Nationals and Russian Junior Nationals (and for Russian senior and junior events, more generally), what are the birthdate cutoffs for the current season (both the lower age limit and upper age limit, in the case of juniors)? How strict is RusFed about these cutoffs, and what are some notable exceptions they've made in recent seasons?

Thanks in advance!

Well, they do not go by half years like ISU does. So, this year, one had to be born in 2006 in order to be able to compete in senior events. Junior lower cut off year is 2009. Upper cut off year seems to be the same as ISU one -al least skaters that aged out of juniors internationally do not compete in juniors at national events either. There are also two novice age groups in Russia - elder age for skater born in 2008-2009 and younger age - for skaters born in 2010 and younger. These are very strict, but they are applicable only to competitions organized under Russian Federation. There are lots of other local competitions organized by local figure skating federations that can have their own age limit requirements.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden

Thanks in advance!
From what Ive understood ther rules are as follows:
Senior Nats. You need to have turned 14 (born 2006 this season), no upper age limit
Junior nats. You need to have turned 12 (born 2008 this season), upper limit same as ISU i think so 19yo but normally no one over 16-17 competes.
Eleder age novice nats. younger age unclear but I think its 10yo (or is it 12?), upper limit acording to ISU novice so 15yo
Younger age nats. Older category youngest age 10yo oldest age 13 (isu basic novice). Younger category everyone under 10yo

If someone who kows more than me can see if Ive made any mistakes I would be grateful

Last edited:

Giltedge

Final Flight
How far behind a jump (in time) need a moving element like an ina bauer or a spreadeagle be, in order not to be counted as an entrance transition...snip
...step movements, which are "too late" to be counted. ...What is the rule or convention for judges to identify (the beginning and in particular) the end of the step sequence?
Well, Ina Bauer (in Daria's case for example) is not a part of a step sequence. It is a transitional element, by logic. The point of StSq is to be made of steps, some hops and down on knees movements may be involved there of course, but not something which need that amount of time to be performed as Ina Bauer. So, it can be a part of a choreo sequence, or a transitional element. If Ina Bauer is preceding the required element very closely in time it can be counted both as an entry and in Transition score too. But it will be counted as a Transition for sure (when it is performed well enough). E: And it can depend on the individual perception too, thats why there are multiple judges on the panel which multiple opinions will result in an 'average perception' of it.
I think this is mostly down to perception of the judges. From what Ive heard from local judges here it counts if it is close enough to influence the setup for the jump. For exit transitions it seems to be either do someting on the landing leg (turn, move, choreo jump etc) or with one change of foot.

Well for step sequences there is a difference between the technical panel and the GOE judges. The technical pannel counts corectly performed turns and clusters of turns and when a skater has reached the required amount they call the element. The thing skaters usually fail at when they get lv2 or lv3 is their clusters. You may only attempt one cluster on each foot and for lv4 both need to be performed properly (harder than it sounds) so after the 2nd cluster the technical panel usually know what level to give.
The GOE judges on the other hand takes the entire thing into account with all the choreography etc so the would normally waith until the end of the sequence to give their score even if the TS called it halfway through.

Thank you both for clearing up some of my misgivings. Particularly in the case of the timing of the step sequence from the judges' point of view, there'd seemed to be a little too much scope for arbitrary scoring, but I can see now that it is fairly well regulated.

Last edited:

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Thank you, siela and Vilord! Can folks offer corrections on the below...?

• To be eligible for Russian seniors, you have to have turned (or be turning) 14 or older in the calendar year in which the season commences. For this season, that means you have to have been born in 2006 or earlier. There is no upper age limit.

• To be eligible for Russian juniors, you have to have turned (or be turning) [11?/12?] or older in the calendar year in which the season commences. For this season, that means you have to have been born in [2008?/2009?] or earlier. siela and Vilord, you seem to be differing by a year on this one. Can someone clarify? The upper age limit seems to be the same as the ISU's upper age limit for juniors, which is...https://d.pr/i/0k7BAi.

• To be eligible for Russian elder novices, you have to have turned (or be turning) 11 or 12 in the calendar year in which the season commences. For this season, that means you have to have been born in either 2008 or 2009. The upper age limit is the same as the ISU's upper age limit for basic novices, which is...https://d.pr/i/o7LrBU. (This latter part seems to contradict the former part, as it would imply that someone who turns 13 after July 1, and thus was born in the latter half of 2007, would also be eligible this season. Can someone clarify?)

• To be eligible for Russian younger novices, you have to have turned (or be turning) 10 or less in the calendar year in which the season commences. For this season, that means you have to have been born in 2010 or later.

Last edited:

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Thank you, siela and Vilord! Can folks offer corrections on the below...?

• To be eligible for Russian seniors, you have to have turned (or be turning) 14 or older in the calendar year in which the season commences. For this season, that means you have to have been born in 2006 or earlier. There is no upper age limit.

• To be eligible for Russian juniors, you have to have turned (or be turning) [11?/12?] or older in the calendar year in which the season commences. For this season, that means you have to have been born in [2008?/2009?] or earlier. siela and Vilord, you seem to be differing by a year on this one. Can someone clarify? The upper age limit seems to be the same as the ISU's upper age limit for juniors, which is...https://d.pr/i/0k7BAi.

• To be eligible for Russian elder novices, you have to have turned (or be turning) 11 or 12 in the calendar year in which the season commences. For this season, that means you have to have been born in either 2008 or 2009. The upper age limit is the same as the ISU's upper age limit for basic novices, which is...https://d.pr/i/o7LrBU. (This latter part seems to contradict the former part, as it would imply that someone who turns 13 after July 1, and thus was born in the latter half of 2007, would also be eligible this season. Can someone clarify?)

• To be eligible for Russian younger novices, you have to have turned (or be turning) 10 or less in the calendar year in which the season commences. For this season, that means you have to have been born in 2010 or later.
You are missing one category. Eler age nats is upper age 15 acording to ISU advanced novice.
Younger age nats has an older category where the youngest age is 10 and oldest 13 acording to Basic novice.
The one you have named younger ovice should probably be styled pree novice

I think Junior nats is 12 (one year younger than international juniors) but they allow the intore calendar year so even those who are born late in the year are eligable so that should be 2008 this year. Junior nats youngest age limit should allways be 2 years younger than senior nats.

Status
Not open for further replies.