2021-2022 Programs by Discipline | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 Programs by Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
🤷‍♀️If they don't have time to keep up, then why say it is "suddenly"? If you don't know if it is suddenly, just say, Jason Brown is also skating to SL, and everyone will have to deal.:biggrin:
My meaning was if he didn't keep up with Jason's or others programs, maybe he just realized it after they choose Shindler's list for Misha. Like suddenly for him. Not a big deal. I don't care as long as they both skate well.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Skaters dragging out warhorses to please judges for the Olympic season was to be expected. That doesn't mean I'm any less disappointed to see big names with reputation already made, like Kolyada or You, pick some of the most worn-out pieces from that heap, done a million times already. Their right, but I guess I'll be muting quite a bit this season.
Out of the ladies, Mariah's choices look the most exciting to me at the moment.

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
Skaters dragging out warhorses to please judges for the Olympic season was to be expected. That doesn't mean I'm any less disappointed to see big names with reputation already made, like Kolyada or You, pick some of the most worn-out pieces from that heap, done a million times already. Their right, but I guess I'll be muting quite a bit this season.
Out of the ladies, Mariah's choices look the most exciting to me at the moment.
Kolyada's decision makes me even sadder because his FS last season was both original and beautiful, as well as a perfect fit for him. He should've kept it as it hadn't reached its full potential by the end of the season, but, oh well, here we have another Schindler's List :rolleyes:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I propose a twist on the classic drinking game: take a drink whenever someone chooses something offbeat, well-suited to the skater and therefore, potentially wonderful (such as Kolyada’s choice of White Crow last season).

So far all I have is Muramoto/Takahashi’s RD music :)
seven sisters want us to be sober in an olympic here, how mean of you :LOL:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
seven sisters want us to be sober in an olympic here, how mean of you :LOL:

I agree, looking for an original concept in an Olympic year? No fun at all :drama:

I like the old fashioned drinking game. And I think you should get an extra shot if you manage to select music that a close competitor is skating to (yes, I'm looking at you Misha:laugh:)

I once attended a comp where, no kidding, three women (out of 20-some) skated their SP to "Fever". We had back to back Fevers. *That's* the content I'm looking for.:biggrin:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I agree, looking for an original concept in an Olympic year? No fun at all :drama:

I like the old fashioned drinking game. And I think you should get an extra shot if you manage to select music that a close competitor is skating to (yes, I'm looking at you Misha:laugh:)

I once attended a comp where, no kidding, three women (out of 20-some) skated their SP to "Fever". We had back to back Fevers. *That's* the content I'm looking for.:biggrin:
my liver wants me to disagree, but why would i listen to it? :LOL:

P. S.: i know what you're talking about, i watched the whole cup of Russia :LOL: where almost every man and their brothers skated to something Queen

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Very intrigued as to what music Nathan will be using this season. His Philip Glass Long Program was a beautiful balance of subtle artistry and superb jumping. loved this Program. Mesmerising.. I doubt he will keep it , but I really wish he would.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very intrigued as to what music Nathan will be using this season. His Philip Glass Long Program was a beautiful balance of subtle artistry and superb jumping. loved this Program. Mesmerising.. I doubt he will keep it , but I really wish he would.
He achieved perfection with it at Worlds. Any other performance is likely to fall short (even if normally great). I am also intrigued to see what he will be using.

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
A few new SPs from team Japan have debuted at Dreams on Ice!

Shun Sato - Summer (Vivaldi's Four Seasons)
Yuma Kagiyama - When You’re Smiling (Michael Bublé)
Mai Mihara - I Dreamed a Dream
Kaori Sakamoto - Gladiator
Miura / Kihara - Hallelujah (K.D. Lang)
Satoko Miyahara - Lyra Angelica
Keiji Tanaka - Paris (Shin Evangelion Theatrical Version)
Mana Kawabe - Winter (Vivaldi's Four Seasons)
Kazuku Tomoni - Love Theme (Cinema Paradiso)

Also a couple new FS programs:
Rika Kihira - Titanic
Yuhana Yokoi - Queen medley

Source: https://twitter.com/AxelQuadruple

Last edited:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Wow, I can’t believe on how many levels most of these selections disappoint me.

Rika Kihira - Titanic

At least Keiji went for something original…

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

Rika Kihira - Titanic

oh look, the warhorse fest! bottoms up! 🍷 also i hope gladiatrix Kaori knows the armour is mandatory:LOL:

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I'm still laughing over two of the Kanto Bears skating to different parts of the Four Seasons. If Yuma decides to complete the trio with Fall or Spring for his free skate, I don't know what I will do.

I adore Riku & Ryuichi's Hallelujah program, even if it is a warhorse to the extreme. Quite disappointed in Mai. She could skate to anything and it would be lovely, but I think she needs a really unique program.
Yuhana and her Queen melody will only be the beginning of the Queen floodgates. I'm genuinely scared for juniors this year because I know it'll be full of programs like this.

I'm curious about Yuma's new short. It is Michael Buble, another artist who will be overused to death and back, but the song seems to work perfectly for a short program in length and composition. And it's not Feeling Good! I'm excited to see it tomorrow.

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil

Rika Kihira - Titanic

By the way, Yuhana's Queen medley is a mix of:
Fat-bottomed Girls/We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions

Source: https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1413795275684995080?s=20

Status
Not open for further replies.