2021-22 Japanese figure skating - pairs and ice dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Japanese figure skating - pairs and ice dance

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Cringe, "Seiji Yu-ra-no" (it's "Urano" with a short "u" as in "put").
Maybe I'm geoblocked, but I can't see the video, just get the sound.
I was able to watch it with sound via the YouTube app on my tablet. I am in the U.K. (if you have a VPN).
One thing I noticed is the uploader seems to have made it a Suitable for Kids video, not sure if this affects the sound somehow.

I like the music choices! But I do prefer the Cat on a Hot Tin Roof section more, it seems more fun and upbeat.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Rikako Fukase & Oliver Zhang (Eichu Oliver Cho) debuted their new RD at Quebec Summer Skate.
Music: 24K Magic (Bruno Mars), Grenade (Bruno Mars)

I couldn't watch FD because it was around 3 am in Japan. Heard they kept My Funny Valentine from last season, but can't find a video in YouTube :(

EDIT: I found their FD. The first half is My Funny Valentine, but the second half was changed from Feelin' Good to Sway. Although they kept My Funny Valentine, it looks like lots of the choreography has been changed.

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Interview with Ayumi and Shingo about their partnership and their longterm goals (DeepL works very well):

Part 1:

Part 2:

Last edited:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Shizuka Arikawa's Friends + α interview with guest Narumi Takahashi!

I haven't found any translation yet, but here is a summary of the topics:

Friends + α 2021-22 Narumi Takahashi tells us the fun of pair competition

01:19 Narumi Takahashi's active era
03:50 Memories with Mervin Tran
06:50 Difficulty of pair conversion with Ryuichi Kihara
12:13 Ryuichi Kihara and Riku Miura make a leap forward
14:26 Characteristics and evolution of pair skaters in the world
23:22 Current Narumi Takahashi Ikura & Sumitada pair training etc.
25:06 The future of Narumi Takahashi

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
^ Does that mean they're in the US already, and continue training there?

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
It looks like finally there will be another new pair coming-up for Team Japan:

Shoya Ichihashi (former partner of Riku Miura) just announced that he's forming a pair with Miyu Yunoki.

Miyu is now a Jr. level skater of Kyoto-Uji FS Club. She was training in Hokkaido before re-locating to Kyoto earlier in Apr (and the main reason for her to relocate is to pursue pair skating).

With Shoya's experience in pair, hopefully it will work out for them!

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
It looks like finally there will be another new pair coming-up for Team Japan:

Shoya Ichihashi (former partner of Riku Miura) just announced that he's forming a pair with Miyu Yunoki.
Why couldn't they do this a year earlier😭 Japan had two pairs spots for the Olympics.
But I'm really excited to see another pairs teams in Japan. Hopefully both pairs and ice dance will continue to fill out over the years.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Why couldn't they do this a year earlier😭 Japan had two pairs spots for the Olympics.
But I'm really excited to see another pairs teams in Japan. Hopefully both pairs and ice dance will continue to fill out over the years.
No they didn't, they just had the opportunity to earn a 2nd spot, out of the 3 available at Nebelhorn. So these two would have had to be ready to earn a spot by September. Would have been hard.

But like @Dreamer57 said, they do have two spots at Worlds, so that's a great opportunity if they can get the minimums.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Wow... they scored an 84. Definitely not what they'd get internationally, but they looks so much better from last year.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I'm so relieved it went well, I was a nervous wreck! They scored 84.74, wow (they got two keypoints on the midnight blues)! :eek: Although the scoring was a tad more generous for all teams than what they would get at higher profile competitions, Kana and Dai improved visibly. I'm impressed they dare to do such an ambitious RoLi. Great choreography - the program is going to be a crowd pleaser for sure. Can't wait to see it evolve throughout the season! :hap10:

ETA: Oops, saw that figureskatingandrainbows virtually commented the same thing re. the score and their improvement while I was still typing...