2021-22 Japanese figure skating - pairs and ice dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Japanese figure skating - pairs and ice dance

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
So, if I understand correctly, then Kana/Daisuke will go to sectionals, and then straight to Warsaw Cup?
Anyhow, I am relieved they got a Challenger. If Ayumi/Shingo look promising, I wouldn't mind them added to Golden Spin. But they've been together for not so long, so only Nationals for them is more likely I guess.

surimi

Record Breaker
The actual schedule for Kana/Dai would be like this:

Eastern Sectional (Tokyo, Japan) Oct 28-31
GP-NHK (Tokyo, Japan) Nov 12-13
CS-Warsaw Cup (Poland) Nov 18-21

Oh, that is one tight schedule! I totally forgot about NHK. I wonder if they'll be able to compete in Warsaw with just 5 days to get there! O_O

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Updating - announcement by JSF regarding sectional participation requirements (link in Japanese)

(In general)
Considering that many couples (both ice dance and pair) are training overseas, and partners who are of foreign nationalities may encounter the quarantine issues; for this season, the pair and ice dance couples will not be required to participate in the sectionals. In other words, the participation and entrance to sectionals will depend on the couples' decisions (and they can still advance to Nationals without taking part in the sectionals).

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Last edited:

mikeko666

Final Flight
Ayumi and Shingo debuted their RD at "Championats de la sous-section Quebec" yesterday:

They're in 2nd with a score of 68.87. All of their elements were rated level 3 or 4 and they hit all 4 keypoints in the midnight blues!

Music:
Ariana Grande - Daydreamin'
Jon Batiste - I need you
Thanks for the music info (y)
I was surprised they are very solid in technique.
I'm not sure if the music selection fits the urban/street dance rhythm theme, though.

Last edited:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Ayumi and Shingo debuted their RD at "Championats de la sous-section Quebec" yesterday:

They're in 2nd with a score of 68.87. All of their elements were rated level 3 or 4 and they hit all 4 keypoints in the midnight blues!

Music:
Ariana Grande - Daydreamin'
Jon Batiste - I need you
Here's their FD:

I thought it was charming!

They scored 101.78 giving a total score of 170.65.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Here's their FD:

I thought it was charming!

They scored 101.78 giving a total score of 170.65.
Protocol
RD
FD
It's very impressive that they earned level 4 on Midnight Blues while Lauriault / Le Gac got only level 2.

Misato and Tim withdrew from Asian Open Trophy, which is no surprise as they are to compete at Skate America next week.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
No, they are already seniors because she is already 20 years old.
Oh! So, actually, Komatsubara/Koleto have two main teams who are competing against them this season. I don't think T/N will be going, but certainly another team that has a good level of ice dancing from Japan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myr

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
The entry lists to the sectional competition have been published.

In East sectional, there is one entry for ice dance (Hirayama/Tateno), 5 couples for Jr. ice dance.
In West sectional, there is one entry for pair: Yunoki/Ichihashi. (Yunoki also obtains an entry to Jr women's category.)

For complete list of entry to the sectionals, please visit the 2021-22 National FS events discussions.

mikeko666

Final Flight
The entry lists to the sectional competition have been published.

In East sectional, there is one entry for ice dance (Hirayama/Tateno), 5 couples for Jr. ice dance.
In West sectional, there is one entry for pair: Yunoki/Ichihashi. (Yunoki also obtains an entry to Jr women's category.)

For complete list of entry to the sectionals, please visit the 2021-22 National FS events discussions.
I wonder why Utana Yoshida/Seiji Urano are not among the junior ice dance entries :unsure: They trained in the US during the summer, but I thought they were back in Japan.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I think this is a very tough schedule. For Shoma also. Do you think they might all WD from Warsaw?
I agree. I wonder why they didn't go to an earlier CS event like Finlandia or autumn classic?

But otherwise wow that's a lot of ice dance teams!

surimi

Record Breaker
I agree. I wonder why they didn't go to an earlier CS event like Finlandia or autumn classic?

But otherwise wow that's a lot of ice dance teams!
Japan withdrew Satoko from Autumn Classic, so the team probably wasn't ready to go to Canada. And JSF decided to skip Finlandia this year; that was decided very early on, and they stuck to that plan.

Reactions: Myr

mikeko666

Final Flight
I think this is a very tough schedule. For Shoma also. Do you think they might all WD from Warsaw?
Misato/Tim might WD and focus on Nationals if they are satisfied with NHK's outcome.
Not sure with Kana/Dai as NHK would be their only international competition if they WD from Warsaw.
JSF should have entered Kana/Dai at Finlandia. The organization is so inflexible and bureaucratic :mad: