2021-22 Russian Nationals: Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Free Dance

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Well I need to take a shower, but I'll see y'all for the men. Russian Nationals never disappoints!

labgoat

Thinking about art & life...
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some videos

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Congratulations to Stepanova/Bukin, also, I like them and they skated well, but that FD score is laughable :confused:. It's clear that they wouldn't have gotten that if Sinitsina/Katsalapov would have competed.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Sorry but I can't overlook the fact D/G don't deserve that score.. except for the two top russian teams the others are almost at the same level.. they don't deserve having that difference ...
Even a blind person can see that its not fair. Not to the other teams who are pissed off as well be it today or yesterday at whats going on and not to D/G either because it will hurt them in the long run. I mean even the spectators showed how unhappy they were.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Even a blind person can see that its not fair. Not to the other teams who are pissed off as well be it today or yesterday at whats going on and not to D/G either because it will hurt them in the long run. I mean even the spectators showed how unhappy they were.
if they had a good reason for the push... I could understand .. they will not win a medal.. it's not there last season ... and they haven't win anything with value .... they aren't charismatic pair or with inovation ... so in long run they are hurting them.. they will become the most hated team ...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Once upon a time Russia was really dominant in ice dance. And then coach Gorshkov's daughter began competing in junior dance. After that, rankings in Russian dance got all political. Teams were ahead who should have been behind. Good teams split up.

And somehow Russian dance teams were not quite so dominant as they had been in bigger international competitions.

Today, the daughters of two prominent coaches are competing here. I am sure the politics is again intense

I suspect the only one who gains from this situation long term will be Igor Shpilband

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Once upon a time Russia was really dominant in ice dance. And then coach Gorshkov's daughter began competing in junior dance. After that, rankings in Russian dance got all political. Teams were ahead who should have been behind. Good teams split up.

And somehow Russian dance teams were not quite so dominant as they had been in bigger international competitions.

Today, the daughters of two prominent coaches are competing here. I am sure the politics is again intense

I suspect the only one who gains from this situation will be Igor Shpilband
I could not agree more—but would just add my heartiest congratulations to Khudaiberdieva/Bazin, who I certainly did not expect to see on the podium here, and ahead of Morozov/Bagin!

Last edited:

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Elizaveta and Devid and Anastasia and Kirill. Both quality ice dancers. Sad for Tiffany. This dance would have been magnificent. Well done to her for even competing. Incredible ..I hope she takes some time to recover 🙏. Congratulations to S and B first time I feel they have really elevated their dancing style and put in more interesting choreography.