2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 194 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well I am pleased if Alionya is returning to Lovely by Billie Eilish. It is much more her. She needs music she can connect to and that engages her. It is a good decision. Not sure why they changed the SP but it will be interesting to see . Please let it be Frank Sinatra and not some awful cover !! We know Alionya can sell a program she connects to. Yes I'm all for it.
I would have loved for her to do take 5 or summer time as her SP and Hope as her free skate. But I'm not on Instagram and can't pepper her IG page with Hey you need to do these programs. ;)

I think these program changes will be good for aliona. But at some point by national she's gonna have to be nailing her 3A and then putting up big scores in the SP again. If she doesn't have her triple axle back it significantly reduces her chances to make the Olympic team although it's still possible because I think she can score 225 to 230 points skating top notch even without her ultra jump.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Is Kamila in Canada?????
Is hopefully tonight. But they're not going to be in the Eastern time zone they're going to be in the Western time zone it's in the Western time zone which could make things harder for the adjustment for the skaters. I don't know what time zone Moscow and Saint Petersburg are in comparison to Vancouver. I think Moscow is probably like 6 or 8 hours ahead of where I live in Florida which would make it like a 9 hour time difference between Moscow and Vancouver if my math is correct.

Lzbee

Final Flight

Amei

Record Breaker
New programs or not, that won't help Kostornaia a bit as long as she doesn't have the tech. And the tech is what she should focus on, not changing programs and choreo. New programs won't mean a thing, there is no points in new programs. Perhaps one PCS point or two, if she feels more comfortable with them. But that's it. Instead, now she is throwing away valuable training time with new programs instead of focusing on getting better.

Well we'll see what the programs look like this weekend, but she knows the FS and I'd be willing to bet they don't do much to her original SP from Finlandia and they just make some minor adjustments for musical accent changes, similar to Shcherbakova's FS last year, minor adjustments and her facial expressions changed when they swapped the music, but the time/effort probably wasn't significant.

Amei

Record Breaker
Is hopefully tonight. But they're not going to be in the Eastern time zone they're going to be in the Western time zone it's in the Western time zone which could make things harder for the adjustment for the skaters. I don't know what time zone Moscow and Saint Petersburg are in comparison to Vancouver. I think Moscow is probably like 6 or 8 hours ahead of where I live in Florida which would make it like a 9 hour time difference between Moscow and Vancouver if my math is correct.

10 hour time difference according to Google.

macy

Record Breaker
I have mixed feelings about Kostornaias music change...

I am happy she has different programs now because the other two were more misses in my book, but she was out of shape the last time we saw her. Learning two new programs is only going to hinder that even more. Maybe we will be surprised (I sure hope so), I just hope this isn't too stressful for her. The clock is ticking.

But I am really happy we will finally get to see Lovely.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I have mixed feelings about Kostornaias music change...

I am happy she has different programs now because the other two were more misses in my book, but she was out of shape the last time we saw her. Learning two new programs is only going to hinder that even more. Maybe we will be surprised (I sure hope so), I just hope this isn't too stressful for her. The clock is ticking.

But I am really happy we will finally get to see Lovely.
I feel, on some level, she may have been practicing the new programs for a while. Very happy about the FS; hoping New York is Frank Sinatra!

icybear

Medalist
So from July 2020 til now, in 15 months Alena has gone through 9 programs:
1. The unknown SP she hated (where she wanted Maia music)
2. Lovely
3. Billie Elish SP
4. Abel Korzeniowski FS
5. Winter SP
6. Yellow moon FS
7. Beth Hart SP
8. Winter FS
9. New York, New York SP

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Last edited:

Azikin

Medalist
I have mixed feelings.
On the one hand, that screaming SP music was irredeemable so I'm very happy they're replacing it. The FS didnt really work for her either, and we know she responds to the Lovely music, so that could be a big improvement as well.
On the other hand, even with the most beautiful programs in the world, Kostornaia isnt going to the Olympics without at least 2 triple axels and GP victories over Liza and Anna. So I'm worried that the stress of learning and performing new programs might make her less likely to acheive either of those things, especially this weekend.
RusNats will be more important than GP...

Ella339

On the Ice
Two things about Sasha at SkAm:
* did she kind of spill the beans in her interview, when she mentioned Alina and Zhenya don't train with them on a daily basis anymore? I'm not sure we knew that officially, did we?
* what's that I hear about her skating on a broken foot??

Nogagolova

Rinkside
Gulyakova's participation in the Russian Figure Skating Championship is questionable, Gulyakova took 6th place at the third stage in Sochi, in order to continue Gulyakova's fight at the next stage of the cup, you need to take first or second place.

silveruskate

On the Ice
She was forgetting the choreo for the FS anyways and she already trained the Lovely Stsq two different times now. Before Plushenko, and April exhos.

I love the Winter SP so I wish it was that but I understand why not. Problem is I hope she doesn't forget the choreo!!

macy

Record Breaker
Two things about Sasha at SkAm:
* did she kind of spill the beans in her interview, when she mentioned Alina and Zhenya don't train with them on a daily basis anymore? I'm not sure we knew that officially, did we?
* what's that I hear about her skating on a broken foot??
i mean it's been pretty obvious for a while Zhenya and Alina are not home much. They are doing shows, promos, etc and always have something going. i think Sasha just means they have a lot of other obligations that prevent them from being at Sambo.