2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 184 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I am cold currently which causes that I feel really tired in the evening and I am unable to stay awake for the Skate America skates that are taking place after midnight (I hope next week it will be better for the Skate Canada). Now it's morning and I have rewatched the ladies (not yet pairs and men).

As for the russian girls, kudos to them, all three have shown great performances.

While someone above recommends Kseniia to choose a renowned coach, I am actually happy that Panova has finally a senior level skater who can possibly stay there for a while. The skating was solid, maybe still a little junior-like in comparison with Dasha who is more than a year younger, but otherwise nothing I would complain about.

Sasha has shown a great effort not just from a technical side. If I compare it with her training rendition of the SP, she really gave much effort into not making it visible that she has some problems and the jumps were clean and smooth. She also performed better than I remember. She deservedly gained her new PB for the short program.

Dasha. Personally I would put her even above Sasha, but it's OK, for a senior debut it was fantastic skate which was praised even by our czech commentators (even the choreo ;)) and that is not completely granted (or, to make it more clear, they too often use the tactics "it was very good but..." followed by five minutes of indicating why it is actually horrible, when they share their opinions on any Eteri skater, can't realize what does that remind to me :devil:). The commitment to her program, the expressions, the range of movements, all this was great. Even the jumps were high and strong.

I can't make any predictions about the free but the start is more than good.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Shcherbakova is N1 as a reigning WC.
Tuktamisheva is N2 as the most trustworthy among eligible skaters from RusFed.
Valieva is N3 as the judges' favorite.
Trusova and Kostornaya are sharing N4.
That’s your preference, not the judges.
Valieva is number 1. The judges are most likely to help her.
Scherbakova and Trusova are sharing number 2-3. Scherbakova because she is the world champion, and Trusova because of the number of quads she is able to land. That means a lot for them.
Tuktamysheva is only fighting for number 4, together with Kostornaya and Khromykh and Usacheva. One could say that Usacheva is a step behind Tuktamysheva, Kostornaya and Khromykh, but her big jumps, clean skating and very good interpretation skills move her to their level. She will not pad her TES with harder jumps (no quads or 3A), but she could match them with having higher GOE on all her elements.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
1tv filmed a few fans for their news segment, and that one older couple who are fans of Sasha were absolutely adorable!!! They drove 6 hours to see her and started learning russian 2 years ago because of her. They were so sweet and quoting her phrase that she’s not afraid of quads, because she’s not afraid to fall. Just awww

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
1tv filmed a few fans for their news segment, and that one older couple who are fans of Sasha were absolutely adorable!!! They drove 6 hours to see her and started learning russian 2 years ago because of her. They were so sweet and quoting her phrase that she’s not afraid of quads, because she’s not afraid to fall. Just awww
I've found it here:

Lzbee

Final Flight
There were a lot of obvious-in-real-time uncalled Lze in this SP so I wouldn't have put Daria over Sasha.

Sasha skated the best she's ever skated a SP in terms of performance and I thought she absolutely deserved her score. Even the GOEs weren't too inflated - she got mostly +3s which seem about right since she should be a +4/+5 when the jumps are perfect.

Daria's skating really stood out for her speed and flow. The level at this GP is actually pretty high with lots of skaters in or near the 200+ score range but even still, it was obvious how much faster Daria was. She's so good that I almost don't hate this song.

I love Kseniia and she looks like a fairy in this costume but I have to say this program is a bit snoozy for me 😬. Her programs in 19-20 season were great, especially the FP because it was unusual and lent itself to some interesting choreo. Anyway, she skated very well and I had completely expected her to be underscored in PCS so it's whatever.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Why would China be particularly afraid of Russian athletes visa? And as if these countries would just randomly cause visa problems for athletes just for fun. Its probably just poor management from the Russian fed since no other countries athletes are having Canada visa issues
Other countries aren't Russia ... it's not for fun.. it's politics ... but i think the country who is organizing should resolve all the questions with visas

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
Ksenia needs to go to a star coach to raise her PCS and her profile. It's absolutely ridiculous to see her PCS scores still this low. I've given up on my dream of seeing Eteri coach her. I think someone like Plushenko would make a great fit. I've seen his juniors this year and they look really good. Far better than last year's disaster.
Ksenia stands out in PCS qualities though because she is the top dog at Panova so she gets unique choreography and lot of attention. At Plushenko or davydov she will be lost in the crowd and her programs won’t stand out. And then judges will notice even more her relative lack of speed and ice coverage despite all her superior qualities.
Obviously I think she was underscored in PCS, in fact I would have her 3rd in this event a couple points below Miyahara and less than a point behind Daria, but I don’t think moving to another school will help her.
On the other hand if Panova is able to stabilize Ksenia’s 4T then that will definitely shoot her PCS up

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Ksenia stands out in PCS qualities though because she is the top dog at Panova so she gets unique choreography and lot of attention. At Plushenko or davydov she will be lost in the crowd and her programs won’t stand out. And then judges will notice even more her relative lack of speed and ice coverage despite all her superior qualities.
Obviously I think she was underscored in PCS, in fact I would have her 3rd in this event a couple points below Miyahara and less than a point behind Daria, but I don’t think moving to another school will help her.
On the other hand if Panova is able to stabilize Ksenia’s 4T then that will definitely shoot her PCS up
I don't understand why she has to below Miyahara, maybe Trusova?

readernick

Medalist
100% agree with this. Ksenia stands out because she has the best choreography (along with her fabulous edges) and if she went to Eteri, Plushenko, or Davydov she would just be another amongst the crowd. Panova's skaters always have the best choreography and she makes her skaters focus on the small details that make every performance special. She shouldn't leave Panova. She just doesn't have a reputation. Personally, she was second in PCS for me behind Miyahara. I love Daria, too but I really really hate that program.

Last edited:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Can't wait for the free skate at SA tonight!!

Meanwhile, I was looking at Stage 3 contestants at RC that will skate tomorrow.

For seniors we will see: Samodurova, Gulyakova and Nugumanova. And also for the first time as seniors Muravieva and Samodelkina! (Finally, Samodelkina doesn't have to do that darn 3A-combo in the short!).
Also Yametova and Molchanova (2nd and 3rd at Stage 1) are here and can with a good skate secure a place at Senior RusNats.

Two stages left after this, and we still haven't seen Tsibinova, Frolova, Konstantinova, Shulskaya and Sultanmagomedova. Either they are injured, have resigned, or are planning to change countries(!;))...

Go Sasha, Daria and Kseniia tonight!!!:yahoo:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I am a bit worried we still haven't seen Stasya Konstantinova at Cup of Russia. She just switched federations from St. Petersburg to Moscow, which was quite a hassle according to her posts on instagram. I don't believe she would have gone through with it if she planned to switch countries altogether. Hopefully there is no injury and she just needs some more time to prepare for the season. Her goal this year is Nationals, so she has to show up for the last two CoR stages if she wants to make it.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I am a bit worried we still haven't seen Stasya Konstantinova at Cup of Russia. She just switched federations from St. Petersburg to Moscow, which was quite a hassle according to her posts on instagram. I don't believe she would have gone through with it if she planned to switch countries altogether. Hopefully there is no injury and she just needs some more time to prepare for the season. Her goal this year is Nationals, so she has to show up for the last two CoR stages if she wants to make it.
Yes, and the last two stages won't be easy if all the skaters I mentioned will show up. Also, Nugumanova, Gulyakova, Samodelkina, Muravieva need to do another one. And potentially Zinina can pop up there as well.

It will be super tough for Stasya.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Muravieva got to the JGPF so I believe she‘s automatically qualified for senior RusNats as well. I guess she‘s choosing to compete at the Russian Cup to try out the 4S in the FS.
You're absolutely right. My bad.

It will be exciting to see though what she and Sofia S can do compared to the other seniors. They will probably end up 1st and 2nd.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Why switch federations from St Petersburg to Moscow? Is the st. Petersburg figure skating Federation mad at Stasya for doing this? I mean it's not like she's switching countries and I doubt they would let her switch countries after they just lost nastya and Maria back to back. Well those are not big losses for the Russian Federation it could start a trend of like 30 girls a year up lying to switch countries to continue their figure skating careers and I don't think the Russian Federation bigwigs want to deal with that.

Amei

Record Breaker
Why switch federations from St Petersburg to Moscow? Is the st. Petersburg figure skating Federation mad at Stasya for doing this? I mean it's not like she's switching countries and I doubt they would let her switch countries after they just lost nastya and Maria back to back. Well those are not big losses for the Russian Federation it could start a trend of like 30 girls a year up lying to switch countries to continue their figure skating careers and I don't think the Russian Federation bigwigs want to deal with that.

I had read a Google translated article (disclaimer) that she had to give back dresses and skates that had been purchased by the city Fed when she switched, if they took back dresses and skates, which are on some level custom, I'm sure she has/had to pay back any funds that went to non-tangible items the Fed couldn't repossess like ice time and training.

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
Yes, and the last two stages won't be easy if all the skaters I mentioned will show up. Also, Nugumanova, Gulyakova, Samodelkina, Muravieva need to do another one. And potentially Zinina can pop up there as well.

It will be super tough for Stasya.
So with 9 on the grand prix + 4 from the JGPF there are 5 spots left from the Russian Cup? Those spots will be contested by Nugumanova, Gulyakova, Samodelkina, Zinina, Yametova, Molchanova, Morozova it seems?
I'm curious why Muravieva is being sent but not Zinina. Is Zinina not trying for senior nationals?
I don't understand why she has to below Miyahara, maybe Trusova?
Simple: every other skater here would embarrass themselves trying to skate Miyahara's step sequence. This is the Russian thread so I don't want to derail it further though