2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Free Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Free Dance

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hubbell/Donohue #GPItaly FD H: "We made a mistake at the end but sometimes you jump in the air and you hit your partner in the crotch (thank you for not falling over, Zach!). We are disappointed with score today and our combo lift only getting +2 (from judge 2), so we need to get the feedback on that. Our connection to the program is growing."

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh lovely /sarcasm.

Peack has frozen so many times I feel like I never got to see the program. Even the scores were delayed due to the yellow spinning circle of death.
I watched Peacock, and it didn't freeze once, so maybe it was another issue with yours.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🇫🇷 Papadakis/Cizeron #GPItaly FD
"We're very happy with our performance today. We've made some improvements since Finlandia Trophy. We really pushed ourselves in the last few weeks to get our levels up. There a lot of things to work on at the next GP. We know there's lot of improvement to be made and we're looking forward to seeing this program evolve."

skatemd1

On the Ice
I don't know who choreographs Green/Parsons' programs, but s/h/they seem to like making geographic shapes- especially with their arms. Clearly not their best skate....I guess them getting to the Olympics is a long shot now. :(

But I still think their rhythm dance is far and away better than Hubble/Donahoue
It was a fluke fall today, but I still LOVE this team and this program and would not count them out. There is still a lot of skating to be done!

skatemd1

On the Ice
Caroline and Michael's FD is original and absolutely gorgeous, with their movements. But my favorite thing about it is that the music is slow, and they match their movements to the music from the beginning. It shows something unique and sets them apart from any other dance team. You can see the intensity and passion in each move. I love it.❤️ Fall is just a fluke.
I like that they start their twizzles from a complete stop and in one push they already have the speed, and near perfect unison every time. Not sure I see anyone else even able to do that. There is a degree of difficulty in this program, and their RD, that is impressive (very few crossovers, lots of transitions, etc.). They should be USA's third team.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I like that they start their twizzles from a complete stop and in one push they already have the speed, and near perfect unison every time. Not sure I see anyone else even able to do that. There is a degree of difficulty in this program, and their RD, that is impressive (very few crossovers, lots of transitions, etc.). They should be USA's third team.
I mean, we haven't even seen H/B (who are arguably faster) yet, so thats a little premature

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Hubbel and Donahue--ugh does not feel olympic to me at all. Except maybe the Meryl purple? The first lift is amazing but the music is just another sad female vocalist...so many of those. They need to be owning their power and strength and how much they want this not be frail flowers. Ugh WHYYYY do they keep missing on music choice? Bring back Halleluigh for the Olympics.

Papadakis and Cizaron--ugh my heart. Olympic. elegant. understated, perfect. on peacock they did a close up of her face in the upside down life and she was giving it all the eyes and the face. another class.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Now onto the FD!

Looking forward to our "second tier" French team 🙄 Seriously Simon what a crappy take.

NGL I'm not as invested in ice dance so I'll only comment on the teams that catch my eye.

Like Chen and Sun that was an epic lift! And the choreo slide! Bossss! Love it!

Also NGL most free dances have snoozy music. Like Carolane and Shane here. Except was the singer singing about souffle? Sounded like it :laugh:

Is Shane Firus a member of @anonymoose_au 's Small and Mighty Club?
Gasp! I'm sorry to say I didn't look closely enough at Shane's height to tell! I'll keep my eye out next time.

Love Katherina's dress! The Bodyguard lol. But hey at least the music has picked up :rock: but gee low score there...

Goooo Evgenia and Geoffrey!! Give us some French weirdness!

Hmm OK warhorse music, but whatever.

Wow nice ending! And weirdly I have to agree with Simon that that was nowhere near as fun as the RD.

But the judges liked it! Big lead!

Here's Group 2!

Excellent group what with Wang/Liu and Step/Bukh!

Wow Liu is 6ft 3?! That's 190cm! Respect!

Simon "Decent Twizzles but not exceptional" as they both receive level 4 with excellent GOE.

This team is amazing and I love them! Give them all the Diva Points!

Ha ha Liu looks like his sitting on one of those tiny chairs kindergarten classes have, but then all normal chairs are probably like that to him ;)

Into first!

he is very tall and handsome ;) sorry... :) i had to say it ;)
This is a true fact.

Caroline and Micheal, oh no a fall!!

Seriously though, the camera man missed the backflip!

Also the music choices here are really dragging...I came here for a good time guys!

Michael Parsons - what a fantastic ice dancer he is. Wow. Just amazing!

And surely another key member of the Small but Mighty Club, @anonymoose_au ?
For sure!

And here are Step/Buk! Go guys, go! Even though I understand it's R&J?

Oooo what an awesome slide into the Twizzle there!

Ivan is iconic and Sasha is amazing! He and Sasha better get to the Olympics or it will be the greatest of injustices!

And the first hottest????
Ivan clearly! Although he's more cute? But I definitely love his face 🥰

I must be missing something because I don't remember any Romeo and Juliet music.

They break 200!

yeah, yeah, Rasputin? Really! :biggrin:
I could buy Ivan as Russia's greatest love machine ;)

Now for Maddie and Zach, lovely dress for Maddie :) Apparently they changed the music a bit? Not sure they did? The ah ah ah is still there but maybe softer? It's really boring music though? C'mon dancers Y so SRS?!
What about Zachy? I'd give him any score he wants. ;)
Indeed! Lucky for them I dare say ;)

Gabby and Guillaume time! Her dress is actually really beautiful and I wouldn't mind if she kept it. Guillaume needs a new outfit though.

Also...um...the skating is indeed beautiful, but OMG this music is such a bore. And I love Tango!

But congratulations to P/C and the other medallists, especially Step/Buk, because they're amazing.

And special award to Wang/Liu 🎉

In closing...

You rang?

H9sU1uv.jpg
OMG...is that an actual costume someone wore while skating?! I kinda want to see it if so! :laugh2:

noskates

Record Breaker
I really like Parsons and Green and found their free dance to be the most innovative and interesting of the competition. The fall was so sad., How often do you see ice dancers at the elite level fall! Just a bad edge I guess. Papadakis and Cizeron were magical. Not impressed at all with Hubbell and Donahue's skates - especially their rhythm dance. US Nationals are going to be interesting this year!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I really like Parsons and Green and found their free dance to be the most innovative and interesting of the competition. The fall was so sad., How often do you see ice dancers at the elite level fall! Just a bad edge I guess. Papadakis and Cizeron were magical. Not impressed at all with Hubbell and Donahue's skates - especially their rhythm dance. US Nationals are going to be interesting this year!!

I felt so bad for her! Flukes happen even to the best of the best. This was just their time.

I also felt bad for him in the K&C when he was trying to lift her spirits but nothing was working, he went about it the totally wrong way (which I found amusing, but I'm sure she wanted to smack him! :laugh: )

Janice4th

On the Ice
Wow, the music choices are really downers in this competition. The two worst were the Chinese and Russians. I never thought I could hate ‘A Time for Us’, but thanks to S/B I don’t think I can ever listen to it again without my ears bleeding.

An observation: P/C twizzles look like they are spotting, as they do in ballet.

H/D need to get rid of the first part of their music.

G/P created some lovely shapes in their free dance.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hubbell/Donohue #GPItaly FD H: "We made a mistake at the end but sometimes you jump in the air and you hit your partner in the crotch (thank you for not falling over, Zach!). We are disappointed with score today and our combo lift only getting +2 (from judge 2), so we need to get the feedback on that. Our connection to the program is growing."
My Mom's Parkinson's has progressed to the point where taking care of her is pretty much all I'm doing, so figure skating has had to take a back seat to that. However, I did manage to catch NBC's extensive (yes I'm lying) coverage of the FD with the usual expert commentary by Tweedledum and Tweedledee (yes, that is a bigger lie). Wow, NBC...TWO whole performances.

As far as H/D, the combo lift is easily the most impressive lift they've ever done (considering how many times they relied on her stepping on his boot for a "lift" over the years, this was A Low Bar To Hurdle). The program is dull as dishwater, but they skate it well. Their honesty about the crotch mishap is far more entertaining...

Hope y'all are well. I miss my UberDanceFans, but I AM reading the comments when I can.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
🇫🇷 Papadakis/Cizeron #GPItaly FD
"We're very happy with our performance today. We've made some improvements since Finlandia Trophy. We really pushed ourselves in the last few weeks to get our levels up. There a lot of things to work on at the next GP. We know there's lot of improvement to be made and we're looking forward to seeing this program evolve."
This was the other program NBC covered, and I'll calls it as I sees it: this is a remarkably adult and sophisticated program. It certainly does need polish, and they've toned down some of their more tres moderne impulses (it is, after all, An Olympic Year), but I was genuinely curious and genuinely impressed.

auser

Record Breaker
My Mom's Parkinson's has progressed to the point where taking care of her is pretty much all I'm doing, so figure skating has had to take a back seat to that. However, I did manage to catch NBC's extensive (yes I'm lying) coverage of the FD with the usual expert commentary by Tweedledum and Tweedledee (yes, that is a bigger lie). Wow, NBC...TWO whole performances.

As far as H/D, the combo lift is easily the most impressive lift they've ever done (considering how many times they relied on her stepping on his boot for a "lift" over the years, this was A Low Bar To Hurdle). The program is dull as dishwater, but they skate it well. Their honesty about the crotch mishap is far more entertaining...

Hope y'all are well. I miss my UberDanceFans, but I AM reading the comments when I can.
Just saw this message, WA. Best wishes. Love to you and your family.